Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Impeach Trump, already!

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Impeachment not so certain any more ...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... b-mueller/

... now that Rudy is on the job! 8)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:21 am

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 am

Story in Politico about a California billionaire activist on a crusade to impeach Trump:

Why Tom Steyer Doesn’t Care What Nancy Pelosi Thinks
Tom Steyer says the Democrats telling him to call off his impeachment crusade are like those who told civil rights activists to be patient, and he says Nancy Pelosi and others holding back on calling for impeachment are “normalizing” Donald Trump’s presidency.

Steyer doesn’t care that Democratic leaders are worried that he could blow their chance at winning the House by talking up impeachment around the country and in his TV ads—though he argues he’s actually helping Democrats. He says he’s the only person willing to tell the truth. And the thing about a self-made billionaire with nothing to lose: It’s hard for anyone to convince him he might be wrong, or to get him to stop.
Steyer, meanwhile, says he’d impeach Trump tomorrow if he could. He had 58 constitutional experts put together eight arguments to boot the president before they even get to the Mueller probe, including for violating the emoluments clause, making the country less safe and attacking the press. And he suggests that the greater risk for Democrats—both as a matter of principles and electoral math—is in not talking about impeachment.
58 constitutional experts and eight arguments can't be wrong!! :notsure:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:03 am

These are Tump's birthers.

Just like the birthers, they do not seem to care that the same fatuous stupidity shall then be meted upon "Their Guy" when the situation reverses.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:04 am

Dedication to Tom Steyer:

Then Skank Of America could start in...

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:34 pm

[Double]
Last edited by shuize on Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Doctor X wrote:Just like the birthers, they do not seem to care that the same fatuous stupidity shall then be meted upon "Their Guy" when the situation reverses.
Don't worry. When the situation is reversed and the same arguments are used against their guy, that'll be totally different because ... shut up.

In a separate matter, I love how when unemployment is near record lows, the story the MSM chose to blast across my news feed was that Trump may have "breached protocol" to tweet about the jobs report rather than the fact that unemployment is at near record fucking lows.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:10 pm

shuize wrote:
Doctor X wrote:Just like the birthers, they do not seem to care that the same fatuous stupidity shall then be meted upon "Their Guy" when the situation reverses.
Don't worry. When the situation is reversed and the same arguments are used against their guy, that'll be totally different because ... shut up.

In a separate matter, I love how when unemployment is near record lows, the story the MSM chose to blast across my news feed was that Trump may have "breached protocol" to tweet about the jobs report rather than the fact that unemployment is at near record fucking lows.
And wages are finally rising, so the MSM hypes fears of inflation. IMHO inflation caused by wage growth is A Good Thing©.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:23 pm

In economist jargon, we have "demand pull" inflation not "cost push" inflation (like in the 1970s).

In moderation, indeed a good thing. The point being inflation but not greater than overall growth in the economy.

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:02 pm

WildCat wrote:
shuize wrote:

And wages are finally rising, so the MSM hypes fears of inflation. IMHO inflation caused by wage growth is A Good Thing©.
Hey, we agree on something!

What bugs me about it all -- how hard is it to acknowledge that the good indicators now are a continuation of a recovery that began under Obama, indeed in his earlier years in office. It's great news that hasn't stopped and I have no need to find a way to belittle Trump for that. Nor, were I a Trump supporter, would there be any need to pretend we were in the shitter until he took office.

"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:32 pm

Not "fake" exactly.

But misleading if you're thinking employment == 100% of people willing to work minus the "rate of unemployment".

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:09 pm

gnome wrote:What bugs me about it all -- how hard is it to acknowledge that the good indicators now are a continuation of a recovery that began under Obama, indeed in his earlier years in office. It's great news that hasn't stopped and I have no need to find a way to belittle Trump for that. Nor, were I a Trump supporter, would there be any need to pretend we were in the shitter until he took offic
The jobs under Trump are better and pay more.

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:49 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Not "fake" exactly.

But misleading if you're thinking employment == 100% of people willing to work minus the "rate of unemployment".
What metric do you prefer?

Stricter definitions are higher, but are showing a similar trend.

http://www.macrotrends.net/1377/u6-unemployment-rate
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:54 pm

WildCat wrote:
gnome wrote:What bugs me about it all -- how hard is it to acknowledge that the good indicators now are a continuation of a recovery that began under Obama, indeed in his earlier years in office. It's great news that hasn't stopped and I have no need to find a way to belittle Trump for that. Nor, were I a Trump supporter, would there be any need to pretend we were in the shitter until he took offic
The jobs under Trump are better and pay more.

If you only look at the extreme right hand side of the history, and ignore the fact that the y-axis on your "bar chart" starts at 2%, a manipulative choice.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/wage-growth

Check out the 10-year trend. Again, it's not that Trump has anything to be ashamed of economically. It's just an invalid narrative that he presided over any kind of a turnaround that wasn't already going on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:38 pm

gnome wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Not "fake" exactly.

What metric do you prefer?
It's an OK metric as long as it is clear what is being measured.

Stricter definitions are higher, but are showing a similar trend.
Not uncorrelated and not "fake", though often used to mislead.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 pm

gnome wrote:Check out the 10-year trend. Again, it's not that Trump has anything to be ashamed of economically. It's just an invalid narrative that he presided over any kind of a turnaround that wasn't already going on.
GDP was trending downward in Obama's last year in office.

Every quarter under Trump is bigger than the same quarter under Obama. The economy really does respond to decreases in regulation and lower tax rates.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:15 pm

... decreases in regulation ...
So far, so good.

Now about those tariffs ...

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
... decreases in regulation ...
So far, so good.

Now about those tariffs ...
What about them? They're a tactic to negotiate a better trade deal, not an end in themselves.

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:46 pm

gnome wrote:Hey, we agree on something!

What bugs me about it all -- how hard is it to acknowledge that the good indicators now are a continuation of a recovery that began under Obama, indeed in his earlier years in office.
Yeah, the MSM was never interested in fluffing for Obama. :roll eyes:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:01 pm

Back on topic.

Nancy Pelosi is a TRAITOR!!!11!!!1 :HoppingMad:

Nancy Pelosi has no good answer on impeaching Donald Trump (CNN)
... "So let's focus on things like that, that I think are unifying for the American people. Impeachment is, to me, divisive. Again, if the facts are there, the facts are there, then this would have to be bipartisan to go forward. But if it is viewed as partisan, it will divide the country. And I just -- I just -- I just don't think that that's what we should do." ...