Impeach Trump, already!

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Impeach Trump, already!

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Finally someone besides just Maxine is on it for real this time.

Mika Brzezinski Has New Scheme To Impeach Trump
MSNBC via Western Journalism
MSNBC Morning Joe co-host Mika Brzezinski is once again advocating for the removal of President Donald Trump from office.

In a pair of tweets Wednesday, Brzezinski said the president’s “both sides” reaction to the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, “created a permissive climate for violence.”

She suggested that “blood and carnage” will be on the president’s hands and the president’s cabinet and staff will have that same blood on their hands unless they “speak out, step down or act decisively.”

:cowbell:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:56 pm

MSNBC is so salty the Klan didn't actually show up in Boston and all the violence was the alt-Left.

It's like when they have all the cameras ready when they think black folk are going to riot after a court decision and nothing happens.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:04 am

Getting closer.

Trump Impeachment Could Be Demanded By Powerful Congressional Black Caucus After Meeting Next Week
Newsweek When was the last time you saw a copy, even in a dentist's office?
The Congressional Black Caucus will hold a meeting next week to discuss whether to call for the impeachment of President Donald Trump. Following Trump’s response to deadly violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last month, the CBC chairman, Representative Cedric Richmond of Louisiana, said the 49-member caucus would have a discussion on Trump’s possible impeachment when Congress reconvened after the August recess.

The Party Line will be: Impeach Trump or you're a racist.

Bruce
Title: Bruce of all Bruces

Post by Bruce » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote: __________________ or you're a racist.
This has been a political tactic for decades, and it still works. Just fill in the blank. White Guilt should be an official political party. :roll:
Such potential!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Go Maxine! :mrgreen:

[youtube][/youtube]

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:29 pm

It seems that the Dems are doing everything in their power to assure Trumps reelection.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 pm

They've got three and a half years to make history by changing it. 8)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:51 pm

He called NFL players SOBs you know.

Call for Trump impeachment puts pressure on top Dems
The Hill
Rep. Al Green (D-Texas) on Tuesday threatened to force a House floor vote next week on impeaching President Trump, creating a new dilemma for his party’s leaders.

Green said he would file an impeachment resolution next week while condemning Trump’s attacks on NFL players who have kneeled during the national anthem to protest police brutality.

Because the resolution is considered privileged under House rules, it would automatically force action on the House floor within two days.

While House Republicans would presumably reject the resolution, Green could still force a procedural vote that would put his colleagues on the spot on impeachment.
:lmao:
“I rise to say to the world that this is not what America is all about,” Green said during a House floor speech on Tuesday as he condemned Trump’s attacks on athletes.

“I will stand here in the well of the Congress, and I will call for the impeachment of the president of the United States of America,” he said.

Green did not say what the exact argument for impeachment in his resolution will be and declined to offer specific details.

It will be a surprise. :BigGrin3:

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:54 pm

I don't see what the dilemma is for party leaders. "Insufficient cause, no." or just "no.". It's not a dilemma until large populations of Republican voters start pushing for it.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:03 pm

gnome wrote:I don't see what the dilemma is for party leaders. "Insufficient cause, no." or just "no.". It's not a dilemma until large populations of Republican voters start pushing for it.
The probability of impeaching Trump in this session of congress is zero. They know this.

But it will be a big issue in the next congressional election if the whole Black Caucus says "impeach" and the DNC says no.

You know, what with all politics being local.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:49 pm

I would rather him be impeached on 'proper' grounds. Something other than just being an asshole.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Rob Lister wrote:I would rather him be impeached on 'proper' grounds. Something other than just being an asshole.
After all, if we impeached every elected asshole we'd have total anarchy.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:00 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:I would rather him be impeached on 'proper' grounds. Something other than just being an asshole.
After all, if we impeached every elected asshole we'd have total anarchy.
Yea, there's a little of that. But to actually get impeached you gotta be a real fucking asshole. I admit he is. Still, I'd like something a little more concrete.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:51 am

gnome wrote:I don't see what the dilemma is for party leaders. "Insufficient cause, no." or just "no.". It's not a dilemma until large populations of Republican voters start pushing for it.
Democratic Party leaders. It's a political dilemma long before large populations of Republican voters start pushing for it. If that ever happens then it is no longer a dilemma at all, it's a no-brainer.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:58 am

Just shows that the Republicans better controlled their loons than the Democrats do.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
Democratic Party leaders. It's a political dilemma long before large populations of Republican voters start pushing for it. If that ever happens then it is no longer a dilemma at all, it's a no-brainer.
Ehh. I may be overestimating the party, but I don't see refusing to beat their head against a wall as a losing issue. They'll take some crap either way, so I think it's net neutral.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:56 pm

OK folks. Trump is TOTALLY DONE now.

Hustler Magazine founder offers $10 million for info to help impeach Trump
The Hill
Hustler Magazine founder Larry Flynt is reportedly offering a $10 million reward for information that could lead to the impeachment of President Trump.

Fox Business anchor Liz Claman tweeted an image of a full-page advertisement from Flynt that offered the reward. Flynt later retweeted it on his own account.

In the ad, Flynt calls Trump an “illegitimate” president who “was installed only by the quirks of our antiquated Electoral College.”

I didn't realize Flynt was still alive.

Anyone want him for the dead pool? :)

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:43 pm

Larry Flynt could take down someone who reacts to shameful or scandalous information.

At this point Trump's default position on anything would be "so what?" and enough supporters would go along with it rather than let those evil Democrats win.

What keeps me up at night is that this is a strategy that doesn't lock in to any particular ideology. Anyone can do it if beating the opposition is sufficiently prioritized over all else.
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:47 pm

gnome wrote:Larry Flynt could take down someone who reacts to shameful or scandalous information.

At this point Trump's default position on anything would be "so what?" and enough supporters would go along with it rather than let those evil Democrats win.

What keeps me up at night is that this is a strategy that doesn't lock in to any particular ideology. Anyone can do it if beating the opposition is sufficiently prioritized over all else.
I don't like that attitude because IMO it both blows things Trump has done out of proportion and minimized or dismisses the sins of his opposition.

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:52 pm

I would say that if the sins of Trump's opposition are minimized or dismissed, that it is part of the same phenomenon at work--short-term partisanship over accountability. Trump is just (in my perception) an outlier, successfully using that strategy against revelations that would have ended most political careers.

Never mind that keeping your own house clean forms a stronger party in the long run.
--Soldier, TF2