The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:32 am

@jordanbpeterson

Although clipped from a YouTube comment, this captures the gist of more than 40 letters I have received from transgender people in the last year (and only one (!) opposing what I have been saying). Activists simply do not validly represent the groups they claim to represent.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:57 am

It's always about control and never about rights.

Trans people are now the most fashionable ideological human shields.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:28 am

Pyrrho wrote:
@jordanbpeterson

Although clipped from a YouTube comment, this captures the gist of more than 40 letters I have received from transgender people in the last year (and only one (!) opposing what I have been saying). Activists simply do not validly represent the groups they claim to represent.
A guy who outspokenly opposes transgender rights claims to have received 40 letters supporting him from transgender people vs. 1 opposing and never suspects maybe, just maybe, this is a self-selecting sample or people not transgender telling what he wants to hear?

If a law that makes it illegal to not hire someone for being transgender would result in less transgender people being hired that means the Canadian justice system as a whole is fucked. Has not much to do with the law itself.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:40 pm

the Canadian justice system as a whole is fucked
The best way for a USAian to annoy a Canadian is claim they are "just like us".

But you know they are. :BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Might as well put it here:
The U.S. Supreme Court declined Monday to take up a legal battle over a Mississippi law that allows state employees and private businesses to deny services to LGBT people based on religious objections.

Signed into law in 2016 in response to the Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling, it allows county clerks to avoid issuing marriage licenses to gay couples and protects businesses from lawsuits if they refuse to serve LGBT customers.

The law was immediately challenged. But lower courts, without ruling on the merits of the law, said those suing could not show that they would be harmed by it.

A new round of challenges is expected from residents who have been denied service, and the issue could come back to the Supreme Court's doorstep.

Peter Williams: NBC News
Lots of linkypoos in the Japanese Original article. I suspect it is the infamous "standing" issue as noted in the last paragraph. Expect, then, to this to be spun in both directions pointlessly.

In the rain.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:10 am

Doctor X wrote:Might as well put it here:
The U.S. Supreme Court declined Monday to take up a legal battle over a Mississippi law that allows state employees and private businesses to deny services to LGBT people based on religious objections.

Signed into law in 2016 in response to the Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling, it allows county clerks to avoid issuing marriage licenses to gay couples and protects businesses from lawsuits if they refuse to serve LGBT customers.

The law was immediately challenged. But lower courts, without ruling on the merits of the law, said those suing could not show that they would be harmed by it.

A new round of challenges is expected from residents who have been denied service, and the issue could come back to the Supreme Court's doorstep.

Peter Williams: NBC News
Lots of linkypoos in the Japanese Original article. I suspect it is the infamous "standing" issue as noted in the last paragraph. Expect, then, to this to be spun in both directions pointlessly.

In the rain.

--J.D.
Depending on how they rule on the wedding cake case, it could be a stand-in for this law. Maybe they didn't take it up because it's essentially the same question. The part about "it allows county clerks to avoid issuing marriage licenses to gay couples" appears to mean that they could "recuse" themselves from issuing said licenses. However, the Supreme Court has already said that gay couples have the right to get married. So somebody has to issue the license, I would imagine.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:36 am

Reads like they collectively punted it until there is a case of someone directly affected by the law. As you suggest, the Cake Decision may cover some of this. I am not sure how it would cover local, state, and federal officials . . . unless the Supreme specifically state it does.

They are Supreme. They can "do things."

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:28 am

Skeeve wrote:Google Memo: Fired Employee Speaks Out! | James Damore and Stefan Molyneux

And Molyneux actually lets him talk...for the first 10 min at least...

Original memo (for reference): https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... hamber.pdf
UPDATE: Ex-Google engineer fired over diversity memo sues company
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan 8 (Reuters) - The former Google engineer fired in August after he wrote a memo that the company said perpetuated gender stereotypes sued his former employer on Monday, saying he was the victim of workplace discrimination and retaliation.

James Damore and another former Google engineer, David Gudeman, filed the lawsuit as a proposed class action in Santa Clara County Superior Court in California.
I suppose there will be more postings going forward....or not, we'll see.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Damore got fired for pointing out that men and women have different interests. Men don't dominate computer science and engineering because of sexist discrimination, males are just more interested in those careers.

Same reason over 97% of kindergarten and pre-school teachers are female, and over 80% of elementary school teachers. But for some reason there's no huge push to even out those numbers, or alleging sexual discrimination in those fields.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Ya think Google might be countenancing a hostile working environment for some minorities?
ScreenShot214.jpg
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/0 ... lacklists/
If this guy has not been fired I think Google has some 'splainin' to do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:32 pm

WildCat wrote:Damore got fired for pointing out that men and women have different interests. Men don't dominate computer science and engineering because of sexist discrimination, males are just more interested in those careers.
His claims that women were often biologically unsuited to the roles might have caused more objection than simply stating a fact of differential interest.

Whether he can be fired for that will be settled in law, but he really does seem to make unfounded claims based on stereotypes.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:34 pm

To their stockholders more than anyone.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:51 pm

WildCat wrote:Damore got fired for pointing out that men and women have different interests. Men don't dominate computer science and engineering because of sexist discrimination, males are just more interested in those careers.

Same reason over 97% of kindergarten and pre-school teachers are female, and over 80% of elementary school teachers. But for some reason there's no huge push to even out those numbers, or alleging sexual discrimination in those fields.
Damore got fired for making Google look bad

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:00 pm

On the other hand, some good lulz

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:01 pm

gnome wrote:
His claims that women were often biologically unsuited to the roles...
That is absolutely false as he never claimed that.

ed

Post by ed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:03 pm

https://www.usaspending.gov/Pages/Advan ... =RN&SD=ASC

Google gets government $. Google cannot fault an employee for speech.

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:31 pm

Grammatron wrote:
gnome wrote:
Maybe it's a question of interpretation.

Look at the section labeled "Personality Differences".

Forgive (or don't) Gizmodo's loaded headline, but the text is here.

https://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-the ... 1797564320

It is that section, however, that is causing controversy, not simply mentioning that there is a difference in interest level, but suggesting reasons why, and the reasons he suggests.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 pm

--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 pm

gnome wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
gnome wrote:
Maybe it's a question of interpretation.

Look at the section labeled "Personality Differences".

Forgive (or don't) Gizmodo's loaded headline, but the text is here.

https://gizmodo.com/exclusive-heres-the ... 1797564320

It is that section, however, that is causing controversy, not simply mentioning that there is a difference in interest level, but suggesting reasons why, and the reasons he suggests.
Where do you see Damore claim that "women were often biologically unsuited to the roles"

ed

Post by ed » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm

This is a bit too pat. I did a fair amount of stuff on the uterine concomitants of sexual dimorphism but ages ago. I seem to recall that there was more to the research than that article claims.

Frankly, I don't expect anything but a hatchet job.

Here is an actual scientist responding:
For what it’s worth, I think that almost all of the Google memo’s empirical claims are scientifically accurate. Moreover, they are stated quite carefully and dispassionately. Its key claims about sex differences are especially well-supported by large volumes of research across species, cultures, and history. I know a little about sex differences research. On the topic of evolution and human sexuality, I’ve taught for 28 years, written 4 books and over 100 academic publications, given 190 talks, reviewed papers for over 50 journals, and mentored 11 Ph.D. students. Whoever the memo’s author is, he has obviously read a fair amount about these topics. Graded fairly, his memo would get at least an A- in any masters’ level psychology course. It is consistent with the scientific state of the art on sex differences. (Blank slate gender feminism is advocacy rather than science: no gender feminist I’ve met has ever been able to give a coherent answer to the question ‘What empirical findings would convince you that psychological sex differences evolved?’)
http://quillette.com/2017/08/07/google- ... s-respond/
Last edited by ed on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.