The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
gnome

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Postby gnome » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:18 pm

The significance of that section is debatable, it all is, I get that.

If I've made my point in identifying the actual controversial part then I'm done. It only took so long because nobody seemed to quite get what I was saying.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:29 pm

I still don't get what you're saying.

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Is there somebody that does get it, that can explain it in a different way? Because I've said it so many different ways my ears are bleeding.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Wildcat claimed the author pointed out that there were differences in male/female interest in tech jobs and was fired for that.
I pointed out the author wrote something more than that, which was more likely to be the source of controversy.

I don't know how else to say it.
--Soldier, TF2

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 pm

I don't get it. Am I somebody? What he said is absolutely true, so far as I know. So if I count, 'splain it differently, lucy.

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 pm

gnome wrote:Wildcat claimed the author pointed out that there were differences in male/female interest in tech jobs and was fired for that.

If that's Wildcat's point, then I agree with Wildcat.
I pointed out the author wrote something more than that, which was more likely to be the source of controversy.

But your conclusion is not supported by your quoting.
I don't know how else to say it.

I get your point, and I believe Rob does a well, you just have not provided any evidence for it. The parts that you did quote were way out of context and stripped of citations.

Damore wrote a paper that boils down to this: Hey I (Damore) did all this research and it looks like the data is pointing to Google not making the best choice when hiring talent. However, I (Damore) understand that it's important to have men and women working in this field as my research, as you can see, shows unique traits men and women have that is helpful in jobs like this. I (Damore) think we should do things differently to increase the amount of women in tech that will benefit Google.

Google then responded by saying: Well this leaked to the press, and really we don't care about the veracity of the paper, and it's making us look bad so...you're fired.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 pm

Rob Lister wrote:I don't get it. Am I somebody? What he said is absolutely true, so far as I know. So if I count, 'splain it differently, lucy.

If it's true does that get him off the hook?

I think Gnome's point is that he claimed in his memo that there were differences in ability between men and women. Whether that's actually true is a separate issue.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:I don't get it. Am I somebody? What he said is absolutely true, so far as I know. So if I count, 'splain it differently, lucy.

I think Gnome's point is that he claimed in his memo that there were differences in ability between men and women. Whether that's actually true is a separate issue.

His claims have citation that I have not seen gnome nor detractors address.

Some examples include:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathizi ... ing_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_diffe ... ity_traits
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/wol1/doi ... x/abstract

gnome

Postby gnome » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:44 am

I still feel like people are arguing something different than what I'm saying.

I'm just going to give it a rest. It's not the end of the world if everything isn't settled to my satisfaction.
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 am

Grammatron wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:

His claims have citation that I have not seen gnome nor detractors address.

Some examples include:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empathizi ... ing_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_diffe ... ity_traits
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/wol1/doi ... x/abstract

Indeed, and I don't really want to get into the weeds about it because I also happen to believe that there are biological differences between men and women. Still, does having footnotes and citations get you off the hook? What if a radical feminist wrote a memo with footnotes and all citing some kind of feminist or radical left academic journals? Then she could say, look, everything I wrote here is backed up by people in academia. Even though others in academia would dispute it.

What are we arguing about here exactly? That firing him was illegal, a violation of his rights?
Sometimes when you hold views that are controversial, the smart thing to do is not to send a manifesto about them to all of your co-workers.
William Shakespeare

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:00 am

" I also happen to believe that there are biological differences between men and women."

"views that are controversial"???
- new minimalist ethos -

gnome

Postby gnome » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:09 am

The fact of it is not. Conclusions drawn from it may be.
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:45 am

ed wrote:" I also happen to believe that there are biological differences between men and women."

"views that are controversial"???

Don't you oppress me!! :x

William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:03 am

I did say sorry about the "old woman," but from behind. . . .

--J. "I Thought We were an Autonomous Collective" D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 am

gnome wrote:I still feel like people are arguing something different than what I'm saying.

I'm just going to give it a rest. It's not the end of the world if everything isn't settled to my satisfaction.

If I misrepresented your position, I apologize. It's truly not clear to me.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Does all the injustice in the world get you down?

Then RELAX! :)

Don't be like this guy:
https://nypost.com/2018/01/11/crazed-ma ... l-justice/
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Postby gnome » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:38 pm

I've already decided to relax, at least about this nitpick. I feel better already.
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:39 pm

gnome wrote:I've decided to relax, at least about this nitpick. I feel better already.

Was it the guy jumping onto the subway tracks what convinced you? :)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Postby gnome » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm

Nah, just got tired of stressing on it.
--Soldier, TF2

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:01 pm

gnome wrote:The fact of it is not. Conclusions drawn from it may be.

Biology has ramifications. They are often behavioral. not terribly controversial.

Thing is that to understand the SJW world you really need to have an understanding of the medieval church and the notion of revealed truth and doctrine and faith. and that straying gets one burned. There is really very little difference. Both entities knew "TRUTH" and that is all that counts. And since they know truth, they know what is best for you. How you should behave, how you should comport yourself, what you should believe.
- new minimalist ethos -

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”