The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skeeve

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Postby Skeeve » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:59 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:I didn't even know the word "walk on girl". Or that darts was now a popular spectator sport.

Me neither. :)

Well apparently "The Professional Darts Corporation (PDC)" CAVED in to feminism...and now there is blow back!

Darts girls: More than 15,000 sign petition to reverse walk-on ban

More than 15,000 people have signed a petition to reverse a ban on walk-on girls during darts matches.

"Not only would we break tradition but women would be out of work also," wrote David Shaw who created the online document.
Earlier this week The Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) announced it would no longer use walk-on girls in its tournaments.
Some fans and players say the ban takes away a key part of the experience.

The Women's Sport Trust tweeted: "We applaud the Professional Darts Corporation moving with the times and deciding to no longer use walk-on-girls. Motor racing, boxing and cycling... your move."
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:47 pm

Well sure they're against it. They were thrown out of work.

Official feminists never quite say it, but they want it to be illegal for a woman to earn a living on her looks (maybe with some sort of conditional celebrity exception).
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:51 pm

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:15 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Well sure they're against it. They were thrown out of work.

Official feminists never quite say it, but they want it to be illegal for a woman to earn a living on her looks (maybe with some sort of conditional celebrity exception).

UPDATE: Bitter Feminists Go After The Hot Cheerleaders.

Formula One has officially canned their so-called "grid girls," the female models used in promotional tasks in the pit-lanes and starting grids before and after races.
"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grands Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms," said Sean Bratches, managing director of commercial operations at Formula One. "We don't believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world."

Lets hear it for feminism.....

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:41 am

Skeeve wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Well sure they're against it. They were thrown out of work.

UPDATE: Bitter Feminists Go After The Hot Cheerleaders.

Formula One has officially canned their so-called "grid girls," the female models used in promotional tasks in the pit-lanes and starting grids before and after races.
"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grands Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms," said Sean Bratches, managing director of commercial operations at Formula One. "We don't believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world."

Lets hear it for feminism.....

Consider the hypocracy, here is a group of 'feminists' at one of their "slut walk" events....

This is called "empowerment."

Now, consider the "dart-girls"

This is called "objectification."

Updated to fix images...
Weird how the original images went bye-bye, GO figure.
Last edited by Skeeve on Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnome

Postby gnome » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:46 pm

You are presuming that everyone involved in feminism has the same opinion about these things.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:05 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:34 pm

gnome wrote:You are presuming that everyone involved in feminism has the same opinion about these things.

Just the ones who have any influence.

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:48 pm

gnome wrote:You are presuming that everyone involved in feminism has the same opinion about these things.

Well, no.

However, considering that "mainstream feminism" seems to say NOTHING to dissuade women from participating in these "slut-walks,"
(think of the empowerment), their apparent silence speaks volumes.

Updated to add
Abdul Alhazred wrote:Official feminists never quite say it, but they want it to be illegal for a woman to earn a living on her looks (maybe with some sort of conditional celebrity exception).

Agreed!

The good-looking women out there probably don't need feminism....

gnome

Postby gnome » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:41 pm

Who counts as "mainstream"?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm

gnome wrote:Who counts as "mainstream"?

Those who think they are, as opposed to those who think they are "edgy". :BigGrin3:

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:13 pm

Make you a deal gnome, you find a 'feminist' organization that speaks out against "slut walks" (w/o calling it "empowerment")
and I will stop pointing out their hypocrisy...for THIS issue.

In other news we have: UA recruiting ‘feminist’ interns to fight ‘heterosexism’

e University of Arizona (UA) is recruiting “feminist” interns to help fight “racism, classism, sexism, ableism, and heterosexism” on campus.

Hosted by the school’s Women’s Center, the FORCE: Feminists Organized to Resist, Create, and Empower program recruits student interns each semester to help create a “feminist community” and host educational programs for UA students.

“We are a collective of feminist, social justice oriented individuals dedicated to raising awareness on issues of gender and inequality,” the program description notes, adding that the group seeks to nurture “activism, events, and consciousness-raising engagement” on campus.

:lol:
Yes, a success, a flaming success....

gnome

Postby gnome » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:37 pm

Skeeve wrote:

Make you a deal gnome, you find a 'feminist' organization that speaks out against "slut walks" (w/o calling it "empowerment")
and I will stop pointing out their hypocrisy...for THIS issue.

It's more the Venn diagram of sorts that I'm interested. Of the different kinds of people and opinions I wonder how much overlap there really is between people that object to show models are fine with "slut walks".

There's another issue I didn't bring up, that people marching in a "slut walk" have different motivations than someone employed to be an attractive person in skimpy clothes.

Unless you decide to oversimplify the issue into "sexiness bad, modesty good" or its opposite there's still not necessarily any hypocrisy. That's a rhetorical trick, not a real argument.
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Postby Witness » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 pm

Historical accuracy, can't have that.

If I understand correctly, it's about the lack of non-Whites in some simulated Central European late medieval place. :P

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:16 pm

RCC: Act II

Postby RCC: Act II » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 pm

Or that the opinion is inconsistent in the first place. You can be against out of context objectification of women for commercial purposes yet support a woman's right to present her sexuality as she pleases without being raped.

If you look at the first picture, those in it have messages painted on them that make it clear that this is the context of their being in revealing clothing. "My outfit is not an invitation" and "Still not asking for it."

The whole point of the first picture is to protest the objectification that is implied by things like the dart girls.

shuize

Postby shuize » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:17 am

Consider the hypocracy, here is a group of 'feminists' at one of their "slut walk" events....

This is called "empowerment."

Now, consider the "dart-girls"

This is called "objectification."

Even if you gave me a thousand years, the gulf between "would not" and "would" in those two images is still greater than I could ever possibly express in words.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:52 am

I do not see where the "Dart Girls" are "asking for it" either.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:33 am

RCC: Act II wrote:

Or that the opinion is inconsistent in the first place. You can be against out of context objectification of women for commercial purposes yet support a woman's right to present her sexuality as she pleases without being raped.

If you look at the first picture, those in it have messages painted on them that make it clear that this is the context of their being in revealing clothing. "My outfit is not an invitation" and "Still not asking for it."

The whole point of the first picture is to protest the objectification that is implied by things like the dart girls.

You think that?

Methinks the lady doth protest too much

I think that it is a cry for attention. Though I agree with the premise.
- new minimalist ethos -

gnome

Postby gnome » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:25 pm

It is exactly a cry for attention... isn't that stated?
--Soldier, TF2

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”