Title: Yes, that one.

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat May 12, 2018 12:28 am

Change of pace:

Checkmate gender essentialists. :|

https://www.them.us/story/trans-women-breastfeed
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat May 12, 2018 12:42 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Change of pace:

Checkmate gender essentialists. :|

https://www.them.us/story/trans-women-breastfeed
I think I remember hearing something about men being able to breastfeed. Sometimes. (apparently it's in the Talmud)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... n-lactate/

Often it's if the wife dies or can't do it for some reason like illness.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat May 12, 2018 12:45 am

The one in the Talmud is a miracle, so it doesn't count. :p

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat May 12, 2018 12:48 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:The one in the Talmud is a miracle, so it doesn't count. :p
It may actually be true though. There are more recent records. So not actually a miracle, just a little-known quirk of nature.
The little anthropological evidence documented suggests it is possible. In the 1896 compendium Anomalies and Curiosities of Medicine, George Gould and Walter Pyle catalogue several instances of male nursing being observed. Among them was a South American man, observed by Prussian naturalist Alexander von Humboldt, who subbed as wet nurse after his wife fell ill as well as male missionaries in Brazil that were the sole milk supply for their children because their wives had shriveled breasts. More recently, Agence France-Presse reported a short piece in 2002 on a 38-year-old man in Sri Lanka who nursed his two daughters through their infancy after his wife died during the birth of her second child.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat May 12, 2018 1:18 am

The Talmud clearly says a miracle. :BigGrin3:

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat May 12, 2018 4:13 am

Anaxagoras wrote:I suppose if you have no idea what the kanji actually mean you could end up with "mail prostitute" as well as "male prostitute".
I was in Japan in the early 1990s. Then back in the States for law school with my head buried in books. Imagine my culture shock when I finally ventured out into contemporary America and started meeting a large percentage of indigent clients covered in kanji tattoos. When I asked, only about half were anywhere close to knowing the correct meaning.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat May 12, 2018 4:44 am

Anaxagoras wrote:I suppose if you have no idea what the kanji actually mean you could end up with "mail prostitute" as well as "male prostitute".
Or worse, Justin Bieber.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 am

How Identity Politics Is Harming the Sciences
Universities and other institutions are watering down requirements in order to attract more women and minorities.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/how-i ... 15826.html

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed May 16, 2018 4:51 am

Giz wrote:How Identity Politics Is Harming the Sciences
Universities and other institutions are watering down requirements in order to attract more women and minorities.

C'mon, the SJW scientists have discovered 55 genders so-called "real scientists" couldn't identify in centuries.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed May 16, 2018 4:53 am

I find your ignorant claim that we can even identify gender, an imaginary social construct, triggering.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 am

Doctor X wrote:I find your ignorant claim that we can even identify gender, an imaginary social construct, triggering.

--J.D.
Please check your erudition privilege before imposing demeaning concepts like “ignorant” into the thread. Triggered.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed May 16, 2018 5:35 am

Your cis-white male hegemonic privilege leads you to demean ignorant people--including ignorant People of Color and other Victims--by assuming being ignorant is demeaning.

Stupid.

--J.D.

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed May 16, 2018 10:08 am

WildCat wrote:
Giz wrote:How Identity Politics Is Harming the Sciences

C'mon, the SJW scientists have discovered 55 genders so-called "real scientists" couldn't identify in centuries.
One reason might be that some people are talking about gendered behavior and the others are talking about gendered biology? Naw, couldn't be that. One group has to be politically insane.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu May 17, 2018 1:20 pm

Feminist Group Demands Spotify's New 'Hate Content' Policy Be Applied to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eminem
Reason
When Spotify introduced its new "hate content and hateful conduct" policy—which promises to suppress songs for violent or hateful lyrics or offstage behavior—I predicted that the streaming service would soon be caught between users wanting easy access to popular music and activists demanding that artists be scrubbed from the platform.

Emphasis added.

Sure enough, the feminist group Ultraviolet has now sent a letter to Spotify thanking it for the initial steps of removing R. Kelly and XXXTentacion from official playlists— and asking that the company go further.

"These two men are not the only abusers on your platform," writes Ultraviolet's Shaunna Thomas. "We implore you to take a deeper look at the artists you promote." She goes on to call for the company to exile Eminem, Nelly, Don Henley of the Eagles, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Chris Brown, rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine, Ted Nugent, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

But wait there's more ...
... And at least two out of four Beatles—John Lennon and Ringo Starr—were domestic abusers. ...
Now that I think of it, it's a good thing Spotify doesn't do classical music. :lmao:

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu May 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Feminist Group Demands Spotify's New 'Hate Content' Policy Be Applied to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Eminem
Reason
When Spotify introduced its new "hate content and hateful conduct" policy—which promises to suppress songs for violent or hateful lyrics or offstage behavior—I predicted that the streaming service would soon be caught between users wanting easy access to popular music and activists demanding that artists be scrubbed from the platform.

Emphasis added.

Sure enough, the feminist group Ultraviolet has now sent a letter to Spotify thanking it for the initial steps of removing R. Kelly and XXXTentacion from official playlists— and asking that the company go further.

"These two men are not the only abusers on your platform," writes Ultraviolet's Shaunna Thomas. "We implore you to take a deeper look at the artists you promote." She goes on to call for the company to exile Eminem, Nelly, Don Henley of the Eagles, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Chris Brown, rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine, Ted Nugent, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

But wait there's more ...
... And at least two out of four Beatles—John Lennon and Ringo Starr—were domestic abusers. ...
Now that I think of it, it's a good thing Spotify doesn't do classical music. :lmao:
So, do they only remove 50% of the Beatles catalogue, or just the songs written by Lennon and ringo (did ringo write any?).

And they missed Liza Minnelli.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu May 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Giz wrote: (did ringo write any?).
Octopus' Garden

I vaguely seem to remember reading that he wrote two songs for them, but I can’t remember the other
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu May 17, 2018 3:41 pm

They are going after performers not authors (I think).

Is there a Shatner cover of Octopus' Garden?

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu May 17, 2018 4:58 pm

File under Things Man Was Not Meant To Know.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri May 18, 2018 1:23 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat May 19, 2018 2:11 am

WaPo wrote:What is the greatest threat to free speech on campus?

What is the greatest threat to free speech on campus today? If all you had to go by was the new report from the University of California at Berkeley’s Commission on Free Speech, you could be forgiven for thinking conservative provocateurs are single-handedly determined to destroy our First Amendment freedoms.

The report was commissioned after several violent protests reacting to pro-Trump rallies, a speech by conservative commentator Milo Yiannopoulos and a canceled speech from Ann Coulter. How to explain the violence that ripped apart the campus last year? “Ultra-conservative rhetoric, including white supremacist views and protest marches, legitimized by the 2016 presidential election and its aftermath,” the commission concludes, “encouraged far-right and alt-right activists to ‘spike the football’ at Berkeley. This provoked an at-times violent (and condemnable) response from the extreme left, tearing at the campus’s social fabric.”

The Berkeley document does not condemn the violence, mind you; that is virtually the only direct mention of it. But apparently, antifa’s violence is now eligible for condemnation, if someone else had a mind to provide it.

They have plenty of harsh words, however, for the conservatives who were targeted. “Many Commission members are skeptical of these speakers’ commitment to anything other than the pursuit of wealth and fame through the instigation of anger, fear, and vengefulness in their hard-right constituency.” Their invitations to speak represented “the assertion of individual rights at the expense of social responsibility by a handful of students.” As a result, the commission finds speech of this kind “hard to defend, especially in light of the acute distress it caused (and was intended to cause) to staff and students.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... edirect=on

Links at the link.