The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Witness

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by Witness » Sun May 20, 2018 12:09 am

Campus Reform wrote:Watchdog takes UMich to court over 'subjective' speech code

Speech First, a national watchdog group that fights to protect free expression, is launching a legal challenge against the University of Michigan’s speech code and bias response team.

The nonprofit membership association filed its first lawsuit in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan on Tuesday, pledging “to help restore free speech and expression to America’s universities.”

“The University of Michigan has a disciplinary code that prohibits ‘harassment’ and ‘bullying,’ and increases the penalties if such actions are motivated by ‘bias,’” the group explained in a press release. “As used, these concepts capture staggering amounts of protected speech and expression given that Michigan defines harassment as ‘unwanted negative attention perceived as intimidating, demeaning, or bothersome to an individual.’”

“Worse still, Michigan has created a Bias Response Team [BRT] that receives complaints of ‘bias’ and ‘bias incidents’ from offended students and is tasked with investigating and punishing those who commit offenses,” Speech First added.

The 52-page legal complaint provided to Campus Reform blasts the university for its speech policies, arguing that its bias response team and the speech code both violate the U.S. Constitution.
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10878

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon May 21, 2018 2:41 pm

The principal of Cherry Hill High School East has apologized for “insensitive” language on tickets for the upcoming senior prom.

The tickets urged students to “party like it’s 1776” during the event at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.

But that prompted complaints from students who noted “not all communities can celebrate what life was like in 1776,” Principal Dennis Perry said in a letter to the community Friday.

“I am writing to apologize for the hurt feelings this reference caused for members of our school family,” wrote Perry.

“I especially apologize to our African American students, who I have let down by not initially recognizing the inappropriateness of this wording,” he added.

Perry said all prom-goers will receive commemorative tickets without the offensive language and vowed the school will make changes “to produce well thought out, appropriate communications.”

A civil rights advocate praised the principal’s actions, but called for increased awareness of cultural diversity.
https://www.courierpostonline.com/story ... 626533002/

The very birth of our country is now offensive and racist.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon May 21, 2018 2:45 pm

The Revolution starts in the Year Zero.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Giz

Post by Giz » Mon May 21, 2018 3:07 pm

WildCat wrote:
The principal of Cherry Hill High School East has apologized for “insensitive” language on tickets for the upcoming senior prom.

The tickets urged students to “party like it’s 1776” during the event at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia.

But that prompted complaints from students who noted “not all communities can celebrate what life was like in 1776,” Principal Dennis Perry said in a letter to the community Friday.

“I am writing to apologize for the hurt feelings this reference caused for members of our school family,” wrote Perry.

“I especially apologize to our African American students, who I have let down by not initially recognizing the inappropriateness of this wording,” he added.

Perry said all prom-goers will receive commemorative tickets without the offensive language and vowed the school will make changes “to produce well thought out, appropriate communications.”

A civil rights advocate praised the principal’s actions, but called for increased awareness of cultural diversity.
https://www.courierpostonline.com/story ... 626533002/

The very birth of our country is now offensive and racist.
Wait, the specific group he apologized to wasn’t Brit expats? (Or are they triggered by “party like it’s 1775”?)

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue May 22, 2018 4:31 am

My People remain offended by 1779, specifically August 2nd, between 10:37 A.M. and 11:43 A.M.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue May 22, 2018 6:26 am

God damn AMists, there's always one of you running around and spreading morning propaganda

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue May 22, 2018 8:46 am

Do not belittle My People you PMist!

REPORTED!

jdReport
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL East Champs!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed May 23, 2018 11:35 am

2 in 5 Top-Ranking Liberal Arts Schools Have No Full-Time Republican Professors

Self-service Gomer Pyle Surprise MEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnkJ8_BmSI
In late April, Mitchell Langbert, an associate professor at Brooklyn College, published a study on ideological homogeneity at liberal arts colleges in the journal Academic Questions. His findings confirm what many right-wingers have been whispering—and shouting—about for a while now: nearly 39 percent of the colleges sampled are Republican-free, in terms of faculty ideological makeup.

Langbert sampled 8,688 tenure track Ph.D.-holding professors from the top 51 liberal arts schools, according to the 2017 U.S. News and World Report list. He used only full-time, tenure track faculty (full, associate, or assistant professors) and excluded all part-time professors (adjunct, visiting, and emeritus). Langbert then matched these names with voter registration records, using only colleges in states where voter registration information is public.

He also excluded 101 professors—a little more than one percent of the total sample—from the analysis, because they were registered as members of minor parties (cue big-L libertarian weeping).

He found "a D:R ratio of 10.4:1 across all liberal arts departments if the military colleges are included and 12.7:1 if the military colleges are excluded." Unsurprisingly, the hard sciences—engineering, chemistry, physics, and mathematics—had more even ratios of Democrats to Republicans than fields like sociology, english, religion, and anthropology. Communications ranked highest in terms of ideological homogeneity skewed toward the left.
Think sociology, women's gender studies, etc...

Yea we have probably all heard about this before, this is the first "study" I have come across though.

At the local university most of the Republicans tend to be in the College of Business, which kind of makes sense...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Wed May 23, 2018 3:08 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu May 24, 2018 11:56 pm

coexist.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri May 25, 2018 12:10 am

Time wrote:Teen Girl Asks Disney to Make a Plus-Size Princess

Virginia high school junior Jewel Moore says a plus-size Disney princess would do a world of good for girls who feel ugly for not fitting the skinny animated stereotype. Even with Disney’s latest princess movie Frozen, many have pointed out Anna’s “absurd proportions,” noting that her eyes are larger than her wrists.

“I made this petition because I’m a plus-size young woman, and I know many plus-size girls and women who struggle with confidence and need a positivie [sic] plus-size character in the media,” Moore wrote on Change.org. So far, the petition has gained more than 18,000 signatures.
http://time.com/4351/teen-girl-asks-dis ... -princess/

Ban unrealistic dreamlands! :x

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri May 25, 2018 12:47 am

Witness wrote:
Time wrote:Teen Girl Asks Disney to Make a Plus-Size Princess
I wonder, wasn't the girl from Lelo and Stich kinda chunky?

All she needs is a backstory, right?

Problem solved!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Fri May 25, 2018 10:15 am

Princess Fiona was at least a size 16

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri May 25, 2018 2:58 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Image
In modern America, that's svelte.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Fri May 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Rob Lister wrote:Image
Not Disney though.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri May 25, 2018 4:24 pm

Covers what they want though: “I made this petition because I’m a plus-size young woman, and I know many plus-size girls and women who struggle with confidence and need a positivie [sic] plus-size character in the media"

Giz

Post by Giz » Fri May 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Grammatron wrote:Covers what they want though: “I made this petition because I’m a plus-size young woman, and I know many plus-size girls and women who struggle with confidence and need a positivie [sic] plus-size character in the media"
Doesn't count: she had to be rescued. By a man-ogre.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat May 26, 2018 3:02 am

Maybe work in a salad for a change?

--J.D.

AL East Champs!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun May 27, 2018 8:32 pm

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2018/05/ ... to-police/
Nearly 3,000 people have signed a petition demanding that Yale remove Sarah Braasch GRD ’20 from school as punishment for calling the police on a black graduate student who was napping in the Hall of Graduate Studies common room.

A video of Braasch confronting the black student, Lolade Siyonbola GRD ’19, in HGS went viral earlier this month, generating headlines around the world. The petition also notes an earlier incident in which Braasch called the police on a different black graduate student who was lost in HGS at the time. And it refers to an article Braasch wrote for Daylight Atheism in 2011 titled “Be Careful What You Wish For (Why I Hate Hate Crimes Legislation, But I Love Hate Speech).”

“We call on Yale’s President Peter Salovey, Dean Cooley of Yale’s Graduate School of Arts & Science, and Yale University Secretary and Vice President for Student Life Goff-Crews, to remove Braasch from Yale because her stated philosophy is one that violates the moral and intellectual codes of the university; because her multiple counts of harassment and racism against other students violates the safety of students of color,” reads the petition. “Students of color at Yale should not be re-traumatized by seeing Braasch on campus this fall. We also insist on a mental health evaluation for Braasch so that she can be prevented from doing harm to herself or others.”
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun May 27, 2018 9:02 pm

Yale?

This is a trial balloon by an existing ruling class faction.

The future of class warfare.