The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:25 am

"US Hands off My Uterus" versus "We Must Invade Jennifer's Uterus Immediately" remains a favorite.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:33 am

"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:36 am

WildCat wrote:
gnome wrote:A law professor at Georgetown is "The Left", apparently.
It's a view that is rapidly gaining traction with those on the left. Do you disagree?
To be as fair as possible, I have encountered no conceivable basis upon which to measure.

Can we settle on that both of us agree that the professor's opinion is bullshit, and that furthermore I will argue against that opinion wherever I see it?

I'd rather agree with you than debate something that can't really be settled.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:40 am

Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:35 am

:lol:
--Soldier, TF2

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:41 am

I was looking for this because I think it’s the BEST example of the genre, but watching i realize just how little ever changes

Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Witness

Post by Witness » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:48 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:42 pm

A bargain!

How surprising! :roll:

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 pm

gnome wrote:A law professor at Georgetown is "The Left", apparently.
I stand corrected.

Just that one guy who is completely out of step with all the others.

:BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:08 pm

Those are the only options, clearly.
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:17 am

I created “Medusa Magazine” and I am shutting it down because Feminist stupidity has surpassed satire

Hello Readers of Medusa Magazine. My name is {redacted} and I own ageofshitlords.com. Before I begin, I just want to state that yes, this website is satire. It has always been and will always be satire…. but I don’t blame anyone for thinking otherwise. Myself and the fellow Shitposters who operated and published articles on this website while it lasted pride ourselves on writing fairly believable satire with just enough retardation to keep our readers in constant doubt. This has been fun, but all good things have to come to an end. I am shutting down this website because recent events have proven to us that it is no longer possible to satirize the Feminist left.
For the details: https://medusamagazine.com/i-created-me ... sed-satire.

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:22 am

when real life Feminists are now more insane than any caricature we could ever dream up
My favorite ambiguous diction "Feminists are."

One? Some? Many? Majority? All?

Use this handy phrase and you can apply whichever meaning is handy. Make a valid generalization from one example! Turn your anecdotes into data! Try it out today!
--Soldier, TF2

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:19 am

gnome wrote:
when real life Feminists are now more insane than any caricature we could ever dream up

When I read stuff like that, my default interpretation is "some", unless the context indicates otherwise. Rarely does the writer mean "all" or "only one". If it matters, I might ask for clarification.

When I write that kind of ambiguous phrase, sometimes I remember to include a qualifier such as "(some unquantified subset of) Feminists are". But when I forget the qualifier, hilarity often ensues and I get to find out what kinds of prejudices other people have by the complaints or assumptions they make.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:23 am

gnome wrote:

Use this handy phrase and you can apply whichever meaning is handy. Make a valid generalization from one example! Turn your anecdotes into data! Try it out today!
The Other Guys are always a monolith. Only one's own side is individuals or has any nuance.

Duh.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:01 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:
gnome wrote:

The Other Guys are always a monolith. Only one's own side is individuals or has any nuance.

Duh.
And yet you wonder why you get blowback for the never-ending sarcasm and cynicism (and other useless commentary) you post on this forum. Having a rational conversation with you is almost impossible when you get in a mood and post shit like that. If I recall correctly, you explained it by saying you don't give a shit. But then you act surprised when you get blowback. :shock:

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:49 am

xouper wrote:
gnome wrote:

When I read stuff like that, my default interpretation is "some", unless the context indicates otherwise. Rarely does the writer mean "all" or "only one". If it matters, I might ask for clarification.
So a subset of feminists, i.e. just the feminists that make the headlines (or internet memes) then?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:59 am

xouper wrote:
gnome wrote:

When I write that kind of ambiguous phrase, sometimes I remember to include a qualifier such as "(some unquantified subset of) Feminists are". But when I forget the qualifier, hilarity often ensues and I get to find out what kinds of prejudices other people have by the complaints or assumptions they make.
Does the decision that satire is a pointless venture make any sense if you assume the writer meant "some"? I'll also note that this description came from a single example, so in this case they're starting with "one." and sliding it towards generalization.
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:00 pm

Skeeve wrote:
xouper wrote:
gnome wrote:

So a subset of feminists, i.e. just the feminists that make the headlines (or internet memes) then?
Saying something absurd does tend to make headlines. Sometimes things are reported on BECAUSE they are exceptional.
--Soldier, TF2

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:42 pm

gnome wrote:
xouper wrote:
gnome wrote:

Does the decision that satire is a pointless venture make any sense if you assume the writer meant "some"?
Yes.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 pm

gnome wrote:

Just the audible ones. :cowbell:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale