The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skeeve

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by Skeeve » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Former FBI lawyer: Plot to record, remove Trump not a joke
Don’t tell former FBI general counsel James Baker that those now-infamous discussions about secretly recording President Trump and using the tapes to remove him from office were a joke.

He apparently doesn’t believe it. And he held quite the vantage point — he was on the inside of the bureau’s leadership in May 2017, when the discussions occurred.

Baker told Congress last week that his boss — then-acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe — was dead serious about the idea of surreptitiously recording the 45th president and using the evidence to make the case that Trump should be removed from office, according to my sources.

Baker told lawmakers he wasn’t in the meeting McCabe had with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in which the subject came up. But he did have firsthand conversations with McCabe and the FBI lawyer assigned to McCabe, Lisa Page, about the issue.

“As far as Baker was concerned, this was a real plan being discussed,” said a source directly familiar with the congressional investigation. “It was no laughing matter for the FBI.”

Word of Baker’s testimony surfaced just days before Rosenstein was set to be interviewed in private on Thursday by House Judiciary Committee lawmakers.

Since The New York Times first reported the allegations, Rosenstein, the No. 2 Department of Justice (DOJ) official, has tried to downplay his role in them. His office has suggested that he thought the discussions were a joke, that Rosenstein never gave an order to carry out such a plot, and that he does not believe Trump should be removed from office.
Keep in mind, this is the same FBI that, a few months earlier during the 2016 election, had its top counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok talking to Page — his lover and the top lawyer to McCabe — about using their official powers to “stop” Trump in the election and having an “insurance policy” against the GOP nominee. That insurance policy increasingly looks like an unverified dossier created by British intelligence operative Christopher Steele — a Trump hater himself — that was bought and paid for by the Democratic Party and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign through their mutual law firm.
And my sources also confirm that Baker admitted he received a version of the Steele dossier from left-leaning reporter David Corn of Mother Jones magazine, and then forwarded it to Strzok’s team. Corn says that occurred in November 2016, right after the election.

That transaction is significant for two reasons. First, at the time, Steele had just been fired from the FBI probe for leaking to the media and he wasn’t supposed to be further assisting the probe. So Corn essentially acted as a back door to allow information to continue to flow.

Secondly, the FBI was using the news media as an investigative source outside the normal chain of evidence.

Whatever you think of Rosenstein or the Russia probe, the statements Baker made to Congress have implications for all Americans.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:00 am

I question their premise. I think it would benefit individual Asian-American students more than individual white students. Perhaps a larger number of white students would benefit, but relative to the overall population of each group it would benefit Asians more.

I have sympathy for the goal of affirmative action, always have. Because I don't want there to be a permanent racial underclass. I just have come to doubt its effectiveness in actually achieving its goal. You can't wish your way to that utopian society. If affirmative action really worked, eventually it would become unnecessary. Or at least you could measure progress in that direction. We'd be moving towards that goal. The "anti-racists" think that all social inequality is due to racism, and if you could just eliminate that, the problems would all go away. But the problems haven't gone away, so they assume that there's still too much "hidden racism" at work and they see it everywhere, because they've become so hypersensitive to it, that they see it at work even where it's actually better explained by something else.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:18 am

Yes, in a multiracial society you need to prevent a permanent underclass. It’s tricky to achieve, as success tends to reinforce success down the generations, and failure/poverty tends to reinforce poverty. So it’s a matter of disrupting positive or vicious circles, respectively. I’m unsure what the best approach is... probably some degree of affirmative action, though I’d prefer more federal money targeting extra education and extra curricular activities in areas with poverty and/or lack of higher educated parents (especially early education, get the basics down 5-15... after that, the damage is done).

On a different note, I think the reason a lot of SJW’s are fixated on hidden racism is that they idolize the struggle for civil rights in the 1960s and want to emulate, and be lauded like, their heroes. So they have, HAVE, to find some injustice to fight. Even invisible injustice.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:33 am

Giz wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:18 am
On a different note, I think the reason a lot of SJW’s are fixated on hidden racism is that they idolize the struggle for civil rights in the 1960s and want to emulate, and be lauded like, their heroes. So they have, HAVE, to find some injustice to fight. Even invisible injustice.
Free sex and drugs without the apparent consequences.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:26 am

Giz wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:18 am
Yes, in a multiracial society you need to prevent a permanent underclass. ...
Wrong right off the bat.

Yes that is one of the pretenses, but a permanent underclass is key to what they are trying to do.

Thus the recruitment of a new permanent underclass from abroad.

Keep them here, but keep them illegal. Don't call them "illegal" of course, but keep them that way to prevent uppitiness.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:19 am

No matter what the income/affluence levels achieved by a population, those indicators are going to be distributed, thus:
Someone will always have less than someone else. Always, unless we have a real totalitarian regime that distributes "according to need". If that sounds good there is nothing further to discuss because you are an asshole.

So what can you do? Well, you have a true equality of opportunity. If, without racism, one can get into Harvard, one should be able to go to Harvard. Harvard, though, is not a remedial school that should have to make sure that students can read and that is the rub.

Why is it that Cali schools suck? Or that you have to go armed to grade school in Chi? Why has Rahm not agitated for the past however many years? Why? Because he, as a democrat, knows he can count on the black vote so he doesn't have to do anything to help eliminate the permanent underclass. In fact, for democrats, the underclass is beneficial.

So democrats and progressives bleat about the underclass and recommend Draconian solutions whilst ignoring the heavy lifting that might actually make a difference. Go and point out the relationship between an intact family structure and success of the children. That is an obvious fix (not easy, obvious) and the progressives that are rending their clothes will name call you into oblivion.

We have seen a remarkable period of job creation and wealth generation. If you look at the entrepreneurs that made a lot of it happen and the employees that are feeding it, how many do you think came from fatherless homes? You think their parents were druggies?

And about the war on drugs. Yeah, people can choose to take them but once they are addicted there is no choice. Thats another story but related. Well off, or at least "comfortable" white folks that wax eloquently about the failure of the war on drugs are part of the problem too. They are enablers of the creation of a permanent underclass.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Naturalistic fallacy. Furthermore not all distributions in nature are "normal", let alone distribution of wealth in any given society.

Throughout history in almost all times and places, distribution of wealth has been exceedingly bi-modal, with a middle class non-existent.

One might reasonably take the position that it is better to have a system that approximates a normal distribution of wealth.

But that is not what you said.

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:05 pm

The question is:
- how do you have government assistance without dependency
- How can you have marked economic differences between groups without giving entryism to destructive identity politics
- how do you insulate kids from the effects of their parents

ed

Post by ed » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:43 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:55 pm
Naturalistic fallacy. Furthermore not all distributions in nature are "normal", let alone distribution of wealth in any given society.

Throughout history in almost all times and places, distribution of wealth has been exceedingly bi-modal, with a middle class non-existent.

One might reasonably take the position that it is better to have a system that approximates a normal distribution of wealth.

But that is not what you said.
The distribution is a metaphor. This is the point: Someone will always have less than someone else. Always, Whether is is normal of not, there are tails.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:54 pm

"Someone will always have less than someone else" is a vacuous tautology from which no course of action (or inaction) can be derived.

How much less under what conditions?

In a capitalist system and only a capitalist system do you get something like a normal distribution (even when mitigated by a bit of welfare state to shorten the tail).

20th century Communism was bimodal like feudalism only more so.

So the normal distribution thing is not a mere "metaphor" it's a moral issue.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:29 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:54 pm
"Someone will always have less than someone else" is a vacuous tautology from which no course of action (or inaction) can be derived.

How much less under what conditions?

In a capitalist system and only a capitalist system do you get something like a normal distribution (even when mitigated by a bit of welfare state to shorten the tail).

20th century Communism was bimodal like feudalism only more so.

So the normal distribution thing is not a mere "metaphor" it's a moral issue.
Vacuous tautology :D

It is a statement of fact. Facts define actions that are reasonable or simply silly.

I leave it to the interested student to elaborate from the stated fact.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Humph!

William F. Buckley would have called it a "vacuous tautology". :evil:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:26 am

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm

Women Heckle Ted Cruz In Airport Over Kavanaugh Vote
A video posted to Twitter shows women tailing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) at an airport, questioning him on his support for Supreme Court justice Brett Kavanaugh.

A group of women, who can’t be seen in the video (which was tweeted on Monday) can be heard confronting Cruz as he walks through an airport terminal. He told them Kavanaugh’s ascension to the court represented a “victory for America.”

“Putting a sexual assaulter on the court is a victory for women?” one woman can be heard asking him. “So you believe in men assaulting women?” asked another.

Cruz walks while continuing to engage with the women.

I believe in due process,” he said, referring to the investigation into the sexual harassment allegations leveled against Kavanaugh. An FBI report — that Senate Democrats criticized for being rushed — wasn’t able to corroborate any of the claims.

He ended the exchange by thanking the women for expressing their First Amendment rights.
Ted takes the high road, and avoids a "macacca moment."
Then Skank Of America could start in...

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Just your typical deranged Democrat…

Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

shuize

Post by shuize » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:10 pm
Women Heckle Ted Cruz In Airport Over Kavanaugh Vote
A video posted to Twitter shows women tailing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) at an airport, questioning him on his support for Supreme Court justice Brett Kavanaugh.

A group of women, who can’t be seen in the video (which was tweeted on Monday) can be heard confronting Cruz as he walks through an airport terminal. He told them Kavanaugh’s ascension to the court represented a “victory for America.”

“Putting a sexual assaulter on the court is a victory for women?” one woman can be heard asking him. “So you believe in men assaulting women?” asked another.

Cruz walks while continuing to engage with the women.

I believe in due process,” he said, referring to the investigation into the sexual harassment allegations leveled against Kavanaugh. An FBI report — that Senate Democrats criticized for being rushed — wasn’t able to corroborate any of the claims.

He ended the exchange by thanking the women for expressing their First Amendment rights.
Ted takes the high road, and avoids a "macacca moment."
Not Sen. Cassidy "I know your parents are using you as tools" level awesome, but still very good.

I don't understand how anyone could watch that and think Cruz looked bad. The desire to virtue signal by posting that video must override everything else. It almost looks staged as positive PR for Cruz.

So too Wildcat's video of the lunatic ripping up Cruz signs. That video will do more for Cruz than those two signs ever would.

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:06 am

Domestic Violence Law Renewal Full of Leftist Statutory Devices, Restricts Gun Rights

The renewal of a law enacted decades ago to protect women against domestic violence crimes is loaded with leftist statutory devices, restricts gun rights and dramatically expands the definition of domestic violence to include verbal, emotional, technological, and economic abuse. Judicial Watch dissected the proposed bill, Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2018 (VAWA), which was introduced in the House over the summer by Texas Democrat Sheila Jackson Lee, and found a multitude of alarming changes that should not be approved if the law is reauthorized.
[…]
Among the most significant changes are numerous provisions related to prohibitions on gun ownership, including expanding the ban to those accused of nonviolent behavior such as misdemeanor stalking, the appointment of special assistant U.S. Attorney, and the authorization of grant funding for programs facilitating firearms removal. If Congress approves Jackson’s 2018 renewal, law enforcement will have more breadth to strip guns from those accused of domestic abuse since the law drastically expands the definition. The recently extended version of VAWA says “The term ‘domestic violence’ includes felony or misdemeanor crimes of violence…” The new version states: “The term ‘domestic violence’ means a pattern of behavior involving the use or attempted use of physical, sexual, verbal, emotional, economic, or technological abuse or any other coercive behavior committed, enabled, or solicited to gain or maintain power and control over a victim.”

A number of provisions seriously widen the purpose of anti-domestic violence grants to include harassment and, in one case, bullying. Unemployment benefits will be provided to employees separated due to harassment, domestic violence, and stalking with no meaningful requirement that the allegations be proven. In essence, this would mean that any individual who departs a job may automatically qualify for unemployment benefits simply by providing a sworn statement asserting that the separation was due to some kind of harassment. The proposed bill will also require that transgender prisoners be allowed to determine cell assignments according to their gender preference and boost housing assistance for domestic violence victims.
https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2018 ... un-rights/

Giz

Post by Giz » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:24 pm

So, in the light of the multitude of Muslim Pakistani grooming scandals in the UK, the Home Secretary, Sajid Javid, tweeted:
“These sick Asian paedophiles are finally facing justice. I want to commend the bravery of the victims. For too long, they were ignored. Not on my watch. There will be no no-go areas”

Predictably, the left are outraged. Not that he could have been more specific but that he dared mention it at all.

Labour MP David Lammy said: “Sajid Javid has brought a great office of state into disrepute. By singling out ‘Asians’ he not only panders to the far right but increases the risk of violence and abuse against minorities across the country.

Zubaida Haque, racialising this crime and focusing on the ethnicity of the sexual predators has done little to address why and how these victims were vulnerable to the prey of these sexual predators.

“It’s extraordinary that Sajid Javid set up an inquiry to look at why Asian men were more likely to be in CSE [child sexual exploitation] grooming gangs when his priority all the time should have been why and how victims were vulnerable and where safeguards had failed.”

Shoaib Khan, a human rights lawyer, said: “This tweet is irresponsible, dangerous and divisive. It is unbelievable that it is a genuine tweet from a serving home secretary, who was previously communities secretary.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ddersfield

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Well of course the problem isn't Asians. It's Muslims.

But even the Home Sec won't go there.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:12 am

Giz wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:24 pm
Labour MP David Lammy said: “Sajid Javid has brought a great office of state into disrepute. By singling out ‘Asians’ he not only panders to the far right but increases the risk of violence and abuse against minorities across the country."
Labour only allows blaming Jews.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!