The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by WildCat » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:52 am

More on the violent totalitarian scumbags Antifa and how mainstream Democrats support them:

Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:02 am

Antifa does not exist.

It is made up by Trumpsters.
It was Her Turn.
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:53 pm

San Diego State University

In February, Campus Reformreported on a course being offered at SDSU that was dedicated exclusively to removing President Donald Trump from office. The one-credit course, titled "Trump: Impeachment, Removal, or Conviction" stated that the only required reading for the class was a book called The Case for Impeachment. The college later scrapped the explicit reference to Trump in the course, focusing instead on the potential process of impeachment for any U.S. president. Also this year, SDSU announced that its Aztec mascot would be referred to as its "spirit leader," so as to "achieve a respectful portrayal" of the Native American figure. Finally, in October, SDSU changed its policy on identifying crime suspects so that officers could no longer use suspects' race in their publicly available suspect descriptions unless there was enough "identifiable information."
Other analogous examples on the page: https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=11556

xouper

Post by xouper » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:02 am

. . . the only required reading for the class was a book called The Case for Impeachment.
For extra credit, perhaps students could also read this book: The Case Against Impeaching Trump.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:13 pm

Science Fiction writer claims the Lord Of The Rings series is 'racist' because it discriminates against orcs
Daily Fail
The Lord of the Rings series has been branded 'racist' by a science fiction writer who claims orcs are discriminated against and written as inferior.

American author Andy Duncan said British author JRR Tolkien depicted evil creatures such as orcs as 'worse than others' and said this had 'dire consequences for society'.

I hadn't heard of Andy Duncan, but he's notable enough to be in Wikipedia. I'm guessing it's a bid for notoriety more than anything else.

I notice the Daily Fail are racist themselves in that they spell Orc with a lower case letter, not unlike papers in the southern USA back in the bad old days wrote "negro".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 am

Well, to be honest, he's not the first person to have that thought. If we're really being honest, it's true, isn't it? I say this as one who absolutely adored Tolkein's world. Middle Earth is a world of many different races of humanoids. And they all have their own racial characteristics. Orcs and goblins and trolls are inherently evil it seems. The others I guess can choose to be good or evil. Dwarves like to live in mines and dig for treasure. Hobbits are well, hobbits. And the elves are like a superior race.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:23 am

And people from the right bloodline (I.e. Aragorn) are intrinsically better than others of their people. So it’s classist too.

And Smaug was surely on the endangered species list, so don’t get me started on the environmental/ conservationist aspect. (Come to think of it, the balrog was probably the last of its kind too).

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:46 am

Exactly. If you really stop and think about it, it's very "problematic".
William Shakespeare

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:50 am

According to new research by Cydney Dupree, assistant professor of organizational behavior at Yale SOM, white liberals tend to downplay their own verbal competence in exchanges with racial minorities, compared to how other white Americans act in such exchanges. The study is scheduled for publication in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology.

...Dupree and her co-author, Susan Fiske of Princeton University, began by analyzing the words used in campaign speeches delivered by Democratic and Republican presidential candidates to different audiences over the years. They scanned 74 speeches delivered by white candidates over a 25-year period. Approximately half were addressed to mostly-minority audiences—at a Hispanic small business roundtable discussion or a black church, for example. They then paired each speech delivered to a mostly-minority audience with a comparable speech delivered at a mostly-white audience—at a mostly-white church or university, for example. The researchers analyzed the text of these speeches for two measures: words related to competence (that is, words about ability or status, such as “assertive” or “competitive”) and words related to warmth (that is, words about friendliness, such as “supportive” and “compassionate”).

Warmth, related to intentions towards others, and competence, related to the ability to carry out those intentions, are two fundamental dimensions of how we see others and portray ourselves in social interactions. Stereotypical portrayals of black Americans generally show them as being less competent than their white counterparts, but not necessarily less friendly or warm, Dupree explains.

The team found that Democratic candidates used fewer competence-related words in speeches delivered to mostly minority audiences than they did in speeches delivered to mostly white audiences. The difference wasn’t statistically significant in speeches by Republican candidates, though “it was harder to find speeches from Republicans delivered to minority audiences,” Dupree notes. There was no difference in Democrats’ or Republicans’ usage of words related to warmth. “It was really surprising to see that for nearly three decades, Democratic presidential candidates have been engaging in this predicted behavior.”

...They designed a series of experiments in which white participants were asked to respond to a hypothetical or presumed-real interaction partner. For half of these participants, their partner was given a stereotypically white name (such as “Emily”); for the other half, their partner was given a stereotypically black name (such as “Lakisha”). Participants were asked to select from a list of words for an email to their partner. For some studies, this email was for a work-related task; for others, this email was simply to introduce themselves. Each word had been previously scored on how warm or competent it appears. The word “sad,” for example, scored low for both warmth and competence. “Melancholy,” on the other hand, scored high for competence and low on warmth.

Participant also completed a variety of measures that assessed how liberal they were.

The researchers found that liberal individuals were less likely to use words that would make them appear highly competent when the person they were addressing was presumed to be black rather than white. No significant differences were seen in the word selection of conservatives based on the presumed race of their partner. “It was kind of an unpleasant surprise to see this subtle but persistent effect,” Dupree says. “Even if it’s ultimately well-intentioned, it could be seen as patronizing.”
https://insights.som.yale.edu/insights/ ... -americans

This comes as no surprise to those of us who have pointed out the soft racism of low expectations from leftists. It manifests itself in claims that minorities can't get IDs, they need quotas and set-asides to compete with whites, their test scores can be lower to get into college, etc.

And, of course, the painfully cringy talking-down...

[

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:24 am

Obama slightly changed his accent on that occasion in the direction of the very precise diction of a well educated black southerner. And it went over well.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Cultural appropriation at its finest worst!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:32 pm

WildCat wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:50 am
This comes as no surprise to those of us who have pointed out the soft racism of low expectations from leftists. It manifests itself in claims that minorities can't get IDs, they need quotas and set-asides to compete with whites, their test scores can be lower to get into college, etc.
I think this is a real thing. I also think its antithesis is a problem too--too quickly to associate an uneven playing field with personal weakness.

It's rarely all one or the other, really.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:01 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:13 pm
Science Fiction writer claims the Lord Of The Rings series is 'racist' because it discriminates against orcs
Daily Fail
The Lord of the Rings series has been branded 'racist' by a science fiction writer who claims orcs are discriminated against and written as inferior.

American author Andy Duncan said British author JRR Tolkien depicted evil creatures such as orcs as 'worse than others' and said this had 'dire consequences for society'.

I hadn't heard of Andy Duncan, but he's notable enough to be in Wikipedia. I'm guessing it's a bid for notoriety more than anything else.

I notice the Daily Fail are racist themselves in that they spell Orc with a lower case letter, not unlike papers in the southern USA back in the bad old days wrote "negro".
http://podcastle.org/2008/11/04/pc032-senator-bilbo/
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:38 am

A reference to Bilbo Baggins? I think not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_G._Bilbo

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:38 am
A reference to Bilbo Baggins? I think not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_G._Bilbo
Yes, it was indeed inspired by Sen. Bilbo.

There's also a Pete Seeger song about him.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:29 pm

I believe I posted that song somewhere around here. :coolspecs:

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:47 pm

The missing item in the anti-orc racism story.

Andy Duncan (along with others) has been trolled by the hacker known as 4chan.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:28 pm

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:35 pm

Commies never change

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:28 pm

This stuff is, of course, tacitly supported at the highest levels of the Democratic Party. The Portland Mayor orders his police force to let them do what they wish. Keith Ellison poses proudly with Antifa literature. The media is complicit as well, CNN's Chris Cuomo defends Antifa. And every other Democrat at these events stand by and do nothing, and even cheer them on, because they support what Antifa does.

There is absolutely no equivalence to this behavior on the right.