Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by WildCat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 pm

Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm

They need to get over throwing that pass. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:46 pm

WildCat wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:37 pm
The dumb fucker in the "poster frame" with his finger extended is too stupid to realize that his face can fairly accurately be seen thanks to his "sheer" turtleneck "mask".
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Giz

Post by Giz » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Doctor X wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:42 pm
They need to get over throwing that pass. . . .

--J.D.
Players need to understand that if they go fumbling around, someone will call foul.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:55 pm

About that Newspeak...

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:57 pm

Their Introduction to the Bible course will be interesting.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 pm

Virtue signaling is often a form of appeasement.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:18 pm

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Elementary-level books nearly even with college-level in ‘common reading programs,’ study finds

‘Below what you would hope,’ but colleges looking for ‘accessibility’

Even though “common reading programs” usually assign books below a college level, they are not necessarily less rigorous, according to a study pending publication.

The programs are offered during orientation and first-year programming at a “significant number” of four-year colleges and are “making in-roads at two-year colleges,” wrote study author Jennifer Keup, director of the University of South Carolina’s National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.

The majority of CRP titles were at a high-school level, followed by over 30% at a middle school level (6th-8th grades),” with nearly as many elementary school-level readings (13 percent) as college-level readings (14 percent), according to the study, which Keup provided to The College Fix.

But the programs often compensate for lower reading levels by “communicating more modern ideas, content, and sensibilities” with selected titles, according to the study, titled “Reading and Rigor: A National Study of Common Reading Book Selections.”
https://www.thecollegefix.com/elementar ... udy-finds/

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:41 pm

At this point it's only a little bit of a stretch to say the Democratic Party is the "political wing" of Antifa.
As it might have been Sinn Féin and the IRA.

OK not historically and not everywhere, but in Portland post-2016 it's no stretch at all.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

shuize

Post by shuize » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 am

Witness wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:37 pm
Elementary-level books nearly even with college-level in ‘common reading programs,’ study finds

‘Below what you would hope,’ but colleges looking for ‘accessibility’

Even though “common reading programs” usually assign books below a college level, they are not necessarily less rigorous, according to a study pending publication.

The programs are offered during orientation and first-year programming at a “significant number” of four-year colleges and are “making in-roads at two-year colleges,” wrote study author Jennifer Keup, director of the University of South Carolina’s National Resource Center for The First-Year Experience and Students in Transition.

The majority of CRP titles were at a high-school level, followed by over 30% at a middle school level (6th-8th grades),” with nearly as many elementary school-level readings (13 percent) as college-level readings (14 percent), according to the study, which Keup provided to The College Fix.

But the programs often compensate for lower reading levels by “communicating more modern ideas, content, and sensibilities” with selected titles, according to the study, titled “Reading and Rigor: A National Study of Common Reading Book Selections.”
https://www.thecollegefix.com/elementar ... udy-finds/
Yes, given the shitty education and all the stupid SJW shit involved at U.S. universities, it's getting to the point that I cannot in good faith advise my Japanese university students it is worth their money (actually their parents' money) to study in the United States.

Although, I recently met an outspoken feminist here who said she wanted to give up her job in Japan to pursue a master's degree in "Gender Studies"* in America. I figured she'd fit right in.

*My off the cuff estimate is that completely useless degree would cost her at least $100,000.

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:03 am

It comes back to a question I've had often. I've heard clear examples. Is there a way to get a good picture of exactly how common the "stupid SJW shit" as counted in percentage of schools that are not advisable to attend because of it? Plural of anecdote, etc...
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 am

I remember protests about having to study interfering with activism, now it's about early morning:
FAU student threatens to kill professor for scheduling 7 a.m. final exam, police say

Rafael Decomas accused of posting threat on Twitter

BOCA RATON, Fla. - A Florida Atlantic University student is accused of posting a threat to kill one of his professors on Twitter.

Rafael Decomas, 20, of Riviera Beach, was arrested last week on a charge of sending a written threat to kill.

According to an FAU police report, a Twitter post published about 1 a.m. Tuesday read, "Bey I gern f---ing kill dis professor bey this is my confession to a premeditated murder." The tweet was posted from "@Ashelaniqua, Cutie Claus."

FAU police said they were able to trace the account to Decomas because the Twitter profile linked him to the Caribbean Student Association.
https://www.local10.com/news/florida/pa ... ent=wplg10

Ah, it's Florida… :mrgreen:

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:30 am

I don't think that one qualifies as an SJW story.

The motivation is just not ideological enough. :p
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 am

Witness wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 am
I remember protests about having to study interfering with activism, now it's about early morning:
FAU student threatens to kill professor for scheduling 7 a.m. final exam, police say

Rafael Decomas accused of posting threat on Twitter

BOCA RATON, Fla. - A Florida Atlantic University student is accused of posting a threat to kill one of his professors on Twitter.

Rafael Decomas, 20, of Riviera Beach, was arrested last week on a charge of sending a written threat to kill.

According to an FAU police report, a Twitter post published about 1 a.m. Tuesday read, "Bey I gern f---ing kill dis professor bey this is my confession to a premeditated murder." The tweet was posted from "@Ashelaniqua, Cutie Claus."

FAU police said they were able to trace the account to Decomas because the Twitter profile linked him to the Caribbean Student Association.
https://www.local10.com/news/florida/pa ... ent=wplg10

Ah, it's Florida… :mrgreen:
That's how college students write these days.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:32 am

An English exam presumably.

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:42 am

Over-sensitivity?

The state of Kansas has recalled license plates that contain the letters "JAP" (randomly generated) after someone complained about it.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/731-licen ... -recalled/
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:49 am

That is because the Juwes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing. . . .

Too soon?

--J.D.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:27 pm

There is no SJW war on us, this whole thread is bullshit right wing fearmongering.

Now pardon me while I put on my coat, because Baby it's cold outside.

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:27 pm

WildCat wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 am
That's how college students write these days.
In all seriousness, that's not far off.

There's a possibility my Japanese daughter may not go to university. I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, going would, at the very least, serve as a signalling mechanism that she is at least as smart as all the idiots who do go. On the other hand, it's a lot of time and money not to learn much of anything useful just to go on to another traning program after graduation, as I'm seeing more and more students doing lately.