The SJW war on us thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Witness

Re: The SJW war on us thread

Post by Witness » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:02 am

WildCat wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 am
That's how college students write these days.
One of my friends, who taught math at a French university, said he stopped reading the textual parts of students' works, only the formulas, so great was the pain.

:mrgreen:

shuize

Post by shuize » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am

Inspired by Witness' post in the EU thread on Luxembourg making all public transportation free:

Washington D.C. just voted to decriminalize fare jumping. Apparently too many black people getting caught doing it. So I'm willing to bet public transportation will effectively be "free" there as well.
The measure passed amid staunch opposition from Metro and its board, which argued the transit agency loses more than $25 million a year to fare evasion and that lessening the penalties would only exacerbate the problem and lead to more crime. Council members and activists rejected that argument, saying decriminalization was an important step toward addressing disproportionate policing of African Americans who use the transit system.
Ha. Ha. If there was ever an appropriate place for a "train wreck" analogy ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/transpor ... 75df390ee3

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Huh, I hadn’t realized that “broken windows” policing was in such poor odor:

“Groups that supported decriminalization, which also included the American Civil Liberties Union, cited “Broken Windows” which relied on the argument that enforcement of minor offenses could reduce instances of major crime, instead resulted in a disproportionately criminalized population and failed to increase overall safety.”

Perhaps we need to reconsider this whole “equality under the law” thing and adopt a measure of reverse-indulgences, where the less you can afford, the more you are forgiven.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:59 pm

Men are "disproportionately criminalized"
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm

You mean, we shouldnt impeach trump because men are disproportionately impeached/convicted. (100% of impeachable presidents have been male! )

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

But NONE convicted!!

#ItwasHerTurn!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:50 pm

So remember all the news media reports last few weeks that claimed the FBI classifies the Proud Boys as an extremist group with ties to white nationalism? It was complete bullshit, completely made up.

Head of Oregon’s FBI: Bureau doesn’t designate Proud Boys as extremist group
The FBI has not designated the Proud Boys, whose members routinely appear at right-wing protests in downtown Portland, as an extremist group, Oregon’s top FBI agent said Tuesday.

The FBI never intended to do so when it briefed Clark County law enforcement leaders recently about regional threats, Special Agent in Charge Renn Cannon said during a wide-ranging meeting with media at the bureau’s Portland headquarters.
But of course the damage is done, the lie will be repeated ad nauseam by the SJWs.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:46 am

Public university removes white instructor for telling students to ‘be respectful in class’

A white biology instructor who repeatedly warned her students to behave themselves has been yanked out of the classroom for the semester and required to undergo classroom management training.

The University of Texas-San Antonio cleared Anita Moss of showing racial bias toward a black student, who has a history of being disruptive, by calling campus police on her.

But a second investigation faulted the senior lecturer for telling students throughout the fall semester to “be respectful in class” by keeping their feet off chairs, putting away their phones and not talking.

Moss even asked one group of students to separate for the rest of the semester, as they were causing constant disruptions, according to the report by Howard Grimes, interim dean of the College of Sciences.

The student whom Moss called the police on never filed a complaint and has since apologized to the instructor for her behavior.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/public-un ... -in-class/

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:39 am

Civilization is doomed.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Witness wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:46 am
Public university removes white instructor for telling students to ‘be respectful in class’

A white biology instructor who repeatedly warned her students to behave themselves has been yanked out of the classroom for the semester and required to undergo classroom management training.

The University of Texas-San Antonio cleared Anita Moss of showing racial bias toward a black student, who has a history of being disruptive, by calling campus police on her.

But a second investigation faulted the senior lecturer for telling students throughout the fall semester to “be respectful in class” by keeping their feet off chairs, putting away their phones and not talking.

Moss even asked one group of students to separate for the rest of the semester, as they were causing constant disruptions, according to the report by Howard Grimes, interim dean of the College of Sciences.

The student whom Moss called the police on never filed a complaint and has since apologized to the instructor for her behavior.
For fuck's sake ...

Good thing I don't have any plans to ever go back to work in the States.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:11 pm

shuize wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:04 pm
Witness wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:46 am

For fuck's sake ...

Good thing I don't have any plans to ever go back to work in the States.
In Japan, at least, teachers know how to maintain order in the classroom.

William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:41 pm

Indeed, it helps remind the delinquents not to wear tights under their skirts.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:09 pm

True confessions time:
I may be an out and proud horrid old poove, but back when I was 15 years old (and not overtly sexual at all) I sometimes called other boys "faggots". Yes indeed I did that horrible thing. On too many occasions for me to remember them all.

And no, that was not approved behavior even by the paleolithic standards of the time.

Good thing for me Twitter didn't exist back then. :BigGrin3:

Kyler Murray apologizes for homophobic tweets that resurfaced after he won Heisman Trophy
USA Today

When Murray was 15 years old, he tweeted at his friends (via his since-verified Twitter account) using an anti-gay slur to defame them. Four offensive tweets remained active on his account late Saturday night but were eventually deleted by Sunday morning — when Murray apologized for his insensitive language in a tweet.

Murray took accountability Sunday morning and said the "poor choice of word" doesn't "reflect who I am or what I believe. I did not intend to single out any individual or group."

He has performed the standard repentance ritual, so I suppose he will still be allowed to play football and graduate from college.

Furthermore ...
... Murray, also a baseball player drafted ninth overall by the Oakland Athletics this past summer, plans to report to spring training in 2019 after his collegiate football career concludes. Oklahoma faces Alabama in the College Football Playoff on Dec. 29.
Smart move. Baseball players have longer careers than football players.

But he better forget about that career in politics. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:09 am

Crowdfunding site Patreon is purging far-right figures
Crowdfunding site Patreon this week banned the accounts of several controversial public figures, part of a wider push by tech companies to de-platform users linked to the alt-right and far right.

The accounts of British conspiracy theorist YouTuber Carl Benjamin, better known as Sargon of Akkad, and U.S. far-right political commentator James Allsup, were removed Thursday.

The ban will be a particular blow for Benjamin, who was earning more than $12,000 a month from the crowdfunding site. Benjamin did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
I predict it dives them to other sites...

Sargon Of Akkad BANNED From Patreon

Then Skank Of America could start in...

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 am

After he cut his hair?

I will confess I do not know much about him. His videos make Thunderf00t seem concise and, frankly, I do not need someone to tell me a fairy tale is a fairy tale. So I do not know how much of a "nutter" he is.

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am

He is now an activist for UKIP, so I suppose that makes him "far right".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am
He is now an activist for UKIP, so I suppose that makes him "far right".
Apparently a lot of members of UKIP are leaving the party (including Nigel Farage) because it has gotten too "far right" for their tastes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-merseyside-46481107

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46448299

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... y-robinson
William Shakespeare

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:28 pm

Sargon is a classic liberal, there is nothing "far right" about him unless you think communists are centrist.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:49 pm

I think it probably goes to show you can't categorize people on a single spectrum.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2