Post by Witness » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:36 am

Awkward strikes from the past:
:mrgreen:

Anaxagoras

Re: The Schadenfreude Thread

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:14 am

I'll take it where I can get it:

Trump ‘originals’ say they're getting frozen out
They’ve been with him from the beginning — when no one believed he could win, and when the Republican Party establishment wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

But now, as President-elect Donald Trump builds out his administration, the loyalists who helped launch his campaign and powered its stunning early victories are growing worried they won’t be getting plum jobs.

Many of them say they’ve heard nothing about their career prospects and, during furtive huddles, have been commiserating with one another about how they can’t seem to get their calls to top Trump transition brass returned. Some are convinced that party establishment figures who’ve taken the reins of the transition are giving them short shrift.

Compounding their frustration is that a number of top posts are going to mainstream party figures who previously actively opposed Trump.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:55 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Compounding their frustration is that a number of top posts are going to mainstream party figures who previously actively opposed Trump.
Granted, I have not paid attention to "Assistant Undersecretary for the Department of Departmental Affairs," but so far the picks have not been "mainstream" nor "actively opposed." The "big one" is possibly Romney. Christie and anyone who followed Christie? Seriously? Carson is not a "maintream party figure"--even Clinton would have destroyed him--the Three Generals are . . . Generals. I guess you could call two of them "mainstream" in that they both opposed Obama's strategy, but that would hardly make them unique.

He picked a woman who campaigned against him. Wow.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Could go in many threads but the smarmy self-satisfaction puts it here:
Electoral College death threats won’t be the last bid to overturn the election

The Electoral College is due to meet Monday, when the electors chosen on Nov. 8 will establish Donald Trump as the winner. Then Democrats’ efforts to steal the election will finally come to an end — right?

Don’t bet on it. So bitter are American liberals that they may go down as the sorest losers since the invention of democracy. See what I mean? Let us "skip a bit, Brother!"

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Now we have all sorts of efforts to suborn the Electoral College into abandoning the will of the voters.

The calls by Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, for the CIA to brief the 538 members of the Electoral College are the least of it. There’s a cataract of harassment hitting GOP electors; it’s reported in an astounding story in The Post. It quotes one Michigan GOP elector, Michael Banerian, as saying, “Somebody threatened to put a bullet in the back of my mouth.”

["Snip!"--Ed.]

The inchoate desperation of all this is what leads to the question of what might happen after Trump wins the electoral vote on Monday. Then what could depressed and desperate Democrats do?

Well, it turns out that after the Electoral College acts, its votes have to be certified. The United States Code requires this to be done by the two houses of Congress, starting at 1 p.m. on the sixth day of January IT IS NOT OVER!!! Image.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

As soon as the president of the Senate — Vice President Joe Biden — announces the electoral vote result, the federal law governing the procedure requires him to immediately call for objections.

It only takes objections by one member of the House and one of the Senate to force a vote by each house on the issue. (Ohio’s votes were challenged in 2004.) Each member gets five minutes to sound off; both houses have to agree to disqualify an elector. Alright . . . a bunch of Wetpants tried to do this in 2001 for the 2000 election. Internet Inventor had to patiently ask each Congress Wetspants if he had a senator to affirm the objection. They could not get one. Not one Democrat. Because Senators do tend to be slightly more grounded in reality. That final bit demonstrates that this may not happen either.

It won’t actually change anything: Since both houses are controlled by Republicans, it’s hard to see how Trump loses.

But that might not stop Democrats from having one last emotional breakdown in the world’s greatest deliberative body. Image

New York Sun
No word on whether or not there are "tits on page 3."

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:04 pm

This could just as easily be "shitpost", but I'm putting it here.

It's bullshit of course, but I like it anyway for purely aesthetic reasons.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:22 pm

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
Are we talking about the same cyberattack where it was revealed that head of the DNC illegally gave Hillary the questions to the debate?

Master Shitposter. I may disagree with him on Foreign policy, Domestic Policy, and Hair grooming; but I do like watching heads explode as he refuses to play the existing political metagame.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:05 pm

corplinx wrote: Master Shitposter. I may disagree with him on Foreign policy, Domestic Policy, and Hair grooming; but I do like watching heads explode as he refuses to play the existing political metagame.
I suspect that's where bulk of his support comes from. Everyone is tired of the farce that is political theater.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:34 pm

Hillary had a party last night with her wealthiest billionaire sponsors as a "thank you"

She made them pay for the party costs.

LULULULUL

Also, they made sure to leak when she blamed Comey and Russia for her loss.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:16 pm

good investment. Her husband is still a player.

I know that sounds sexist but faxes is faxes.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:This could just as easily be "shitpost", but I'm putting it here.

It's bullshit of course, but I like it anyway for purely aesthetic reasons.
Of course it's bullshit, it implies that Bill actually sleeps in the same house as Hillary.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:39 am

I'm thinking it's not just a question of evading responsibility or not wanting to say bad things about Hillary. Both of those things are factors of course, but the main thing (as it appears to me) is that the Democrats want a narrative that will not require them to learn anything.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:56 am

that is the perfect narrative for all political stripes. Religious too. But not skeptical. We're special. :)

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:38 am

Rob Lister wrote:that is the perfect narrative for all political stripes. Religious too. But not skeptical. We're special. :)
I disagree.

In the not so distant past, a willingness to learn from mistakes (at least on a tactical level) has existed in practical politics in the USA in both major political parties, especially the Democrats.

A good example of this was Bill Clinton as the not-Dukakis.

corplinx

Post by corplinx » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:04 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:I'm thinking it's not just a question of evading responsibility or not wanting to say bad things about Hillary. Both of those things are factors of course, but the main thing (as it appears to me) is that the Democrats want a narrative that will not require them to learn anything.
Nothing was learned after Brexit either. Predictable.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Hillary Clinton's holiday party 'like a wake'
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12 ... -wake.html

:doglaugh:

Too soon?

Nah

:doglaugh: :doglaugh:
- new minimalist ethos -

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Obama accuses media of treating Clinton unfairly
Politics
Obama accuses media of treating Clinton unfairly

In his final press conference of the year, President Obama accused reporters on Friday of being unfair to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Specifically, Obama suggested that the media paid too much attention to revelations from emails hacked from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton’s campaign chairman, John Podesta, that were released by WikiLeaks during the election. Obama, who also linked the hacking to Russian President Vladimir Putin, made his comments when he was asked if he felt Kremlin cyberattacks cost Clinton the race.
Come on Barry, they spent a bunch of time on "pussy-gate" too!
“I’ve said before I couldn’t be prouder of Secretary Clinton, her outstanding service. I think she’s worked tirelessly on behalf of the American people, and I don’t think she was treated fairly during the election,” Obama said. “I think the coverage of her and the issues was troubling.”

Earlier in the press conference, Obama admonished reporters for having focused on the “political gossip” in the hacked emails. He described the hack as having “dominated” election coverage.

“I’m finding it a little curious that everybody’s suddenly acting surprised that this looked like it was disadvantaging Hillary Clinton, because you guys wrote about it every day, every single leak, about every little juicy tidbit of political gossip, including John Podesta’s risotto recipe,” said Obama. “This was an obsession that dominated the news coverage.”

U.S. intelligence agencies said recently that the Russian government was behind the hacks. During his press conference, Obama promised that the U.S. would retaliate against Russia for interfering with the election.

“Some of it we do publicly; some of it we will do in a way that they know but not everybody will,” Obama said. “The message will be directly received by the Russians and not publicized.”
What ever....
Then Skank Of America could start in...

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:31 pm

An open letter to Hillary from DU:
Dear Hillary,

I hope this finds you well. I’ve been meaning to write you for a while. I was thinking of you again today and I guess I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you.

I appreciate how hard you’ve worked for this country for the past five decades.
I appreciate what you accomplished this year.
I appreciate your dignity in the face of the most undignified behavior.
I appreciate the seriousness with which you took the prospect of leading our nation.
I appreciate the campaign of diversity, equality, and shared strength you ran with such grace.
I appreciate you reminding America that it is already great.
But wait, there's more ...
You did everything you were asked to do this year, everything you were supposed to do:

You were prepared and balanced and cool under pressure.
You knew what you were talking about at every turn.
You saw the big picture, and you knew the countless small details that your opponent could never be bothered with.
You endured a relentless flood of misinformation by continually, plainly speaking your truth.
"Your truth". Asshole.

You had your character assassinated over and over—and in response you simply showed that character.
You shouldered the kind of expectations that no man aspiring to the position has ever had to contend with.
You had to be both strong and sensitive, tough and warm, fierce and likable—and you were.
You never talked in nonsensical sound bites, never ranted like a lunatic at your detractors, never viciously attacked citizens on social media—and you never stooped to the inhumanity of your opponent.
Hahahahaaa

Despite the unprecedented viciousness hurled at you, you never responded in kind; you just kept on being decent, intelligent, thoughtful—Presidential. You alone had the experience and the temperament and the maturity to do the job of leading this country. That should have been enough. I’m sorry that it wasn’t.
I’m sorry that my 7-year old daughter won’t get to see you sworn in as the first woman President and won’t get to watch you represent her so beautifully each day; that she’ll instead have to see a man who has complete contempt for her shape her future.
I’m sorry that my 11-year old son will be reminded every day that you can treat women with total disregard, that you can be a vile, filthy bully—and be well rewarded for it.
And Im sorry I cant kick you in the nuts.

As always, the comments are pathetic.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/12512665106
- new minimalist ethos -

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:15 am

Hillary has 30 years of experience with being treated with total disregard, it doesn't seem to bother her as she remains married.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:06 am