The Schadenfreude Thread

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Re: The Schadenfreude Thread

Post by WildCat » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Skeeve wrote:Then again, I guess that is one way he maybe able to keep this "investigation" going...
Comey knows Democrat control means no investigations into FBI and other Obama agencies misconduct. The Democrats are now the party that openly supports corruption.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:43 pm

WildCat wrote:
Skeeve wrote:Then again, I guess that is one way he maybe able to keep this "investigation" going...
Comey knows Democrat control means no investigations into FBI and other Obama agencies misconduct. The Democrats are now the party that openly supports corruption.
Emphasis added.

In Chicago it was always so.

When the history of this era is written (assuming people will care about such matters) it may be considered more significant that Obama was the first Chicago president than that he was the first black.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:03 am

It turns out, however, that the crazies were right and I was wrong. The FBI (and, I’m even more sad to say, my Justice Department) brought the FISA court the Steele-dossier allegations, relying on Steele’s credibility without verifying his information.

I am embarrassed by this not just because I assured people it could not have happened, and not just because it is so beneath the bureau — especially in a politically fraught case in which the brass green-lighted the investigation of a presidential campaign.
the old school blue blood conservatives open mouth and insert foot in light of the Carter FISA FOIA release.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/07/ ... e-dossier/

At least they admit they were wrong unlike CNN, NBC, MSNBC, HuffPo, Buzzfeed, etc.

Someone should go to jail over this shit.

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:21 am

It turns out, however, that the crazies were right and I was wrong. The FBI (and, I’m even more sad to say, my Justice Department) brought the FISA court the Steele-dossier allegations, relying on Steele’s credibility without verifying his information.
Furthermore, as I understand it based on the opinions of various lawyers I've read, Steele's credibility is not at issue here since his testimony is merely hearsay and thus inadmissible. The FBI did not establish the credibility of the actual witnesses cited in that dossier.

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 am

corplinx wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:03 am
Or at least have their security clearances revoked.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 am

corplinx wrote:
. . .
Don't worry, I'm sure someone will. Actually, someone already has. :D
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:30 am

xouper wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 am
corplinx wrote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump threatened on Monday to strip the security clearances of top former officials who criticized his refusal to confront Russia over its election interference, signaling a willingness to use the powers of the presidency to retaliate against some of his most outspoken detractors.

Among those who could lose access are John O. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director; Susan E. Rice, the former national security adviser; and James R. Clapper Jr., the former director of national intelligence, said Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/23/us/p ... n=top-news

The story is most notable for the comments.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

xouper

Post by xouper » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:02 pm

ed wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:30 am
xouper wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 am
corplinx wrote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump threatened on Monday to strip the security clearances of top former officials who criticized his refusal to confront Russia over its election interference, signaling a willingness to use the powers of the presidency to retaliate against some of his most outspoken detractors.

Among those who could lose access are John O. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director; Susan E. Rice, the former national security adviser; and James R. Clapper Jr., the former director of national intelligence, said Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/23/us/p ... n=top-news

The story is most notable for the comments.
There seems to be an underlying assumption by some on the left that Clapper, Brennan, et al, have a right to keep their security clearance after they are no longer employed by the US government. Sorry, but a security clearance is for the benefit of the government, not the individual, and when that individual is deemed no longer of any benefit to the government, the government has every right to revoke the clearance at any time for any reason whatsoever. I have no sympathy for people like Clapper who have lied to Congress and then whine that their security clearance is threatened. Fuck off, you traitors.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:36 pm

It was totally because they criticized him over Russia and not because they're seditious leaky hicks. Totally. Fuck the Fakenews.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:39 pm

There is an underlying assumption that loyalty to the United States means loyalty to the CIA.

I remember when Democrats accused Republicans of such a thing, and the Republicans hotly denied it. :oldman:

xouper

Post by xouper » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:34 pm

http://sunshinestatenews.com/story/david-hogg%E2%80%99s-hyped-book-hit-bookshelves-thud wrote:
David Hogg’s Hyped Book Hit the Market with a Thud
By Brad Slager, July 20, 2018

. . . Adding up the early hype, reports of the deal, the high-profile media blitz, plus the favorable editorializing from all manner of news sources -- there really has been little interest in what this particular Parkland survivor has to say.
It seems Whats-His-Name's fifteen minutes of fame has elapsed. :violin:

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Who'd want to listen to a Hogg squealing?

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:08 pm

I blame the adult(s) who told him it was a good idea to write the book.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:36 pm

The first 30 seconds pretty much says it all.

Then Skank Of America could start in...

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:40 am

Apple Kicked Alex Jones Off Its Platform, Then YouTube And Facebook Rushed To Do The Same

Apple moved first, striking the entire library for five of Infowars' six podcasts from its iTunes and Podcasts apps. Among the podcasts, which were removed from Apple's iTunes directory, are the show War Room and the popular Alex Jones Show podcast, which is hosted daily by the prominent conspiracy theorist.

After that, platforms that have come under far more scrutiny for hosting Jones and his content — Facebook and YouTube — quickly followed suit after long and tortured deliberations. Spotify also did the same.

Buzzfeed
"They" got to him!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:08 am

Doctor X wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:40 am
Apple Kicked Alex Jones Off Its Platform, Then YouTube And Facebook Rushed To Do The Same

Apple moved first, striking the entire library for five of Infowars' six podcasts from its iTunes and Podcasts apps. Among the podcasts, which were removed from Apple's iTunes directory, are the show War Room and the popular Alex Jones Show podcast, which is hosted daily by the prominent conspiracy theorist.

After that, platforms that have come under far more scrutiny for hosting Jones and his content — Facebook and YouTube — quickly followed suit after long and tortured deliberations. Spotify also did the same.

Buzzfeed
"They" got to him!

--J.D.
I was going to post about that in the "Fake News" thread.

Good. Freedom of speech doesn't mean private companies have to provide you a platform to spread misinformation.

Unfortunately, that still leaves a lot more misinformation. Have they booted Mike Adams aka "the Health Ranger" and "Natural News"?
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:37 am

I think it blunts their arguments for net neutrality.

ed

Post by ed » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:08 am
Doctor X wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:40 am

Buzzfeed
"They" got to him!

--J.D.
I was going to post about that in the "Fake News" thread.

Good. Freedom of speech doesn't mean private companies have to provide you a platform to spread misinformation.

Unfortunately, that still leaves a lot more misinformation. Have they booted Mike Adams aka "the Health Ranger" and "Natural News"?
Interesting issue.
Are these companies the new Town Square? If by not giving you a platform are they illegally impacting your freedom of speech? This isn;t like a stupid newspaper refusing an ad.

This is a very important conversation, actually.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:17 am

ed wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 am
Interesting issue.
Are these companies the new Town Square? If by not giving you a platform are they illegally impacting your freedom of speech? This isn;t like a stupid newspaper refusing an ad.

Before Facebook and Youtube were invented, did people not have freedom of speech?
William Shakespeare

ed

Post by ed » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:35 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:17 am
ed wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 am
Interesting issue.

Before Facebook and Youtube were invented, did people not have freedom of speech?
Yup. But modern times have created different environments, for want of a better term.

Think of Malls, for example. A while ago this made the news
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... e/3511757/
The idea was that malls are the new town quare but they are privately owned. So on a Federal level, private property trumps (ha! Don't you hate that word? ) speech but ...
Across the country, courts have weighed the right of free speech against private property rights with differing results. While the majority view says that speech is not protected on private property, some courts have held that free speech exercised in privately owned shopping centers is protected by certain state constitutions. As retail property owners expand into different states, they should determine whether free speech on private property may be protected by a state’s constitution, and if so, to what degree.
https://www.ccim.com/cire-magazine/arti ... ?gmSsoPc=1

I would argue that facebook is far more of a venue for speech than mall of america.