Trump, Offering No Evidence, Says Obama Tapped His Phones

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Re: Trump, Offering No Evidence, Says Obama Tapped His Phones

Postby corplinx » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:16 am

https://streamable.com/c00ch

DIS FUGGIN GUY

"CNN: Fact check, most false. We only have conclusive evidence that Obama wiretapped Merkel's communications."

heheheheh

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:15 pm

TOF is still on about this one eh?
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:23 pm

Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:59 pm

“I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show that the president-elect and his team were, I guess, at least monitored,” Nunes told reporters. “It looks to me like it was all legally collected, but it was essentially a lot of information on the president-elect and his transition team and what they were doing.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/d ... ama-236366

So Trump was telling the truth.?

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:02 pm

No. Trump claimed he was "wire tapped" while Nunes clearly states Trump was "monitored."

Learn to read shitlord.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:07 pm

Thank you Tsar Vlad Gram.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Grammatron wrote:No. Trump claimed he was "wire tapped" while Nunes clearly states Trump was "monitored."

Learn to read shitlord.

Well I guess I stand corrected. What does being "monitored" mean if not "wiretapped"?

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:11 pm

It's when they look at him closely trying to discern the correct shade of orange.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:21 am

Rob Lister wrote:
“I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show that the president-elect and his team were, I guess, at least monitored,” Nunes told reporters. “It looks to me like it was all legally collected, but it was essentially a lot of information on the president-elect and his transition team and what they were doing.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/d ... ama-236366

So Trump was telling the truth.?

Nunes Backs Down From Assertion Trump Was Monitored

The chairman of the House intelligence committee has backed down from his dramatic assertion that Donald Trump and his aides were "monitored," by U.S. spies — a claim the Republicans have cited this week in emails to loyalists.

Rep. Devin Nunes told reporters Friday he can't be sure whether conversations among Trump or his aides were captured in the surveillance that has become a source of controversy since Nunes made it public in two news conferences this week.

"He said he'll have to get all the documents he requested from the (intelligence community) about this before he knows for sure," his spokesman, Jack Langer, said earlier.

Nunes continued to refuse to say how he had learned about the surveillance, including whether his source was in the White House.

Langer asserted that Nunes did not explicitly say Trump was spied on when he briefed reporters Wednesday that he was "very concerned," that "the intelligence community incidentally collected information about American citizens involved in the Trump transition."

By "incidentally" here, I take it to mean that they were spying on the Russians. So, "incidentally", people who were contacted by the Russians or who contacted the Russians, those communications would have been monitored too.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Don't forget! March 8th is World Badger Punting Day!

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 am

Yeah, and since Obama ordered the monitoring of Russians HE WIRETAPPED TRUMP!!11!!

--J.D.

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:41 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:By "incidentally" here, I take it to mean that they were spying on the Russians. So, "incidentally", people who were contacted by the Russians or who contacted the Russians, those communications would have been monitored too.

He specifically stated it wasn't incidental to spying on any Russians.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:03 am

The picture becomes clearer:

Top Obama Adviser Sought Names of Trump Associates in Intel

From Eli Lake. I like him, he's a good reporter from what I've seen. I'll just quote the whole shebang.

April 3, 2017 9:13 AM EST
By Eli Lake

White House lawyers last month learned that the former national security adviser Susan Rice requested the identities of U.S. persons in raw intelligence reports on dozens of occasions that connect to the Donald Trump transition and campaign, according to U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

The pattern of Rice's requests was discovered in a National Security Council review of the government's policy on "unmasking" the identities of individuals in the U.S. who are not targets of electronic eavesdropping, but whose communications are collected incidentally. Normally those names are redacted from summaries of monitored conversations and appear in reports as something like "U.S. Person One."

The National Security Council's senior director for intelligence, Ezra Cohen-Watnick, was conducting the review, according to two U.S. officials who spoke with Bloomberg View on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly. In February Cohen-Watnick discovered Rice's multiple requests to unmask U.S. persons in intelligence reports that related to Trump transition activities. He brought this to the attention of the White House General Counsel's office, who reviewed more of Rice's requests and instructed him to end his own research into the unmasking policy.

The intelligence reports were summaries of monitored conversations -- primarily between foreign officials discussing the Trump transition, but also in some cases direct contact between members of the Trump team and monitored foreign officials. One U.S. official familiar with the reports said they contained valuable political information on the Trump transition such as whom the Trump team was meeting, the views of Trump associates on foreign policy matters and plans for the incoming administration.

Rice did not respond to an email seeking comment on Monday morning. Her role in requesting the identities of Trump transition officials adds an important element to the dueling investigations surrounding the Trump White House since the president's inauguration.

Both the House and Senate intelligence committees are probing any ties between Trump associates and a Russian influence operation against Hillary Clinton during the election. The chairman of the House intelligence committee, Representative Devin Nunes, is also investigating how the Obama White House kept tabs on the Trump transition after the election through unmasking the names of Trump associates incidentally collected in government eavesdropping of foreign officials.

Rice herself has not spoken directly on the issue of unmasking. Last month when she was asked on the "PBS NewsHour" about reports that Trump transition officials, including Trump himself, were swept up in incidental intelligence collection, Rice said: "I know nothing about this," adding, "I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that account today."

Rice's requests to unmask the names of Trump transition officials do not vindicate Trump's own tweets from March 4 in which he accused Obama of illegally tapping Trump Tower. There remains no evidence to support that claim.

But Rice's multiple requests to learn the identities of Trump officials discussed in intelligence reports during the transition period does highlight a longstanding concern for civil liberties advocates about U.S. surveillance programs. The standard for senior officials to learn the names of U.S. persons incidentally collected is that it must have some foreign intelligence value, a standard that can apply to almost anything. This suggests Rice's unmasking requests were likely within the law.

The news about Rice also sheds light on the strange behavior of Nunes in the last two weeks. It emerged last week that he traveled to the White House last month, the night before he made an explosive allegation about Trump transition officials caught up in incidental surveillance. At the time he said he needed to go to the White House because the reports were only on a database for the executive branch. It now appears that he needed to view computer systems within the National Security Council that would include the logs of Rice's requests to unmask U.S. persons.

The ranking Democrat on the committee Nunes chairs, Representative Adam Schiff, viewed these reports on Friday. In comments to the press over the weekend he declined to discuss the contents of these reports, but also said it was highly unusual for the reports to be shown only to Nunes and not himself and other members of the committee.

Indeed, much about this is highly unusual: if not how the surveillance was collected, then certainly how and why it was disseminated.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:40 am

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:01 am

I've been moving the past week and have finally gotten settled in. The FakeNews, the Russia Paranoia, the Trump manchild babble, etc, etc all continued as usual.

After seeing the Rice story break, all I have to say is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:29 am

Flynn lied to the V.P.

Rice lied to just about everyone.

Let us play . . . Idiot Tennis!!11! :hyper:

1. When Flynn requests immunity/"takes the 5th":
    A. President/Republicans/Anti-Surrender Monkeys: PROTECTING HIS RIGHTS AGAINST WITCH HUNT!!
    B. Democrats/Clintonistas/Obama . . . istas/Anti-HITLER!!!s: GUILTY!!1!!
1. When Rice requests immunity/"takes the 5th":
    A. President/Republicans/Anti-Surrender Monkeys: GUILTY!!1!!!
    B. Democrats/Clintonistas/Obama . . . istas/Anti-HITLER!!!s: PROTECTING HER RIGHTS AGAINST WITCH HUNT!!

Cooking the popcorn here, Boss!

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:10 am

Here is the written transcript of Susan Rice being interviewed on PBS NewsHour:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/susan-ri ... n-trusted/
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:08 am

I DO NOT HAVE TO READ IT TO KNOW IT IS ALL LIES!!!1!!

Except the parts that help my ravings theory.

--J.D.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:43 am

Anaxagoras wrote:The picture becomes clearer:

From Eli Lake. I like him, he's a good reporter from what I've seen. I'll just quote the whole shebang.

April 3, 2017 9:13 AM EST
By Eli Lake

deleted drivel written at the command of the Emperor ...

But Rice's multiple requests to learn the identities of Trump officials discussed in intelligence reports during the transition period does highlight a longstanding concern for civil liberties advocates about U.S. surveillance programs. The standard for senior officials to learn the names of U.S. persons incidentally collected is that it must have some foreign intelligence value, a standard that can apply to almost anything.This suggests Rice's unmasking requests were likely within the law.

deleted drivel written at the command of the Emperor ...

This is the nubbin of the problem.

“fastening the procedures of totalitarianism on the substance of democratic society.”
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45601&p=851183&hilit=moglen#p851183
- new minimalist ethos -

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:52 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:The picture becomes clearer:

Fake news!

CNN's Jim Sciutto, a former Obama political appointee who was a colleague of Rice's at State, says a friend of Rice's told him she did nothing wrong. So there, her friends say she did nothing wrong, no more scrutiny needed according to CNN. Debunked!
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”