2020 Dem presidential candidate speculation thread.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Re: 2020 Dem presidential candidate speculation thread.

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:47 am

Mentat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:As crazy as it seems, Harpo could win that nomination. But running against Condi is going to be a set of bitch.

see what i did there. ed will like it.

Condi as a dem or repub? I don't see the dnc as it is accepting condi.

I was thinking of (R) Condi against (D) Oprah. It would be fun. That's popcorn stocks right there. But either way. I think Condi would make a fine Democrat candidate. In a debate she'd destroy Oprah. Or Clinton (either one), and certainly Trump. I can't think of anyone in the public political arena to whom she would lose.

Problem is, like Oprah, she has no intention of running. In Oprah's case that's a good thing.

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:55 am

Rob Lister wrote:
Mentat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:As crazy as it seems, Harpo could win that nomination. But running against Condi is going to be a set of bitch.

I was thinking of (R) Condi against (D) Oprah. It would be fun. That's popcorn stocks right there. But either way. I think Condi would make a fine Democrat candidate. In a debate she'd destroy Oprah. Or Clinton (either one), and certainly Trump. I can't think of anyone in the public political arena to whom she would lose.

I'm not doubting she would be a fine candidate or president. What I question is how she'd fit in. The anti-establishment thing isn't likely going to work out, she has few allies in the DNC, and I don't see them being too warm to another centrist with "baggage" after 2016. Though I would admit that Condi v Oprah would be a fun campaign. At the very least, it would give a lot of the hicks heart attacks.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:55 am

Mentat wrote:Condi as a dem or repub? I don't see the dnc as it is accepting condi.

But it makes sense. :coolspecs:

viewtopic.php?p=866890#p866890
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am

Mentat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:
Mentat wrote:

I'm not doubting she would be a fine candidate or president. What I question is how she'd fit in.

Are you SERIOUSLY asking this after a year of Trump? I had to stop reading.

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:00 am

Rob Lister wrote: Are you SERIOUSLY asking this after a year of Trump? I had to stop reading.

That's why I said the next sentence. Trump had a large demographic to run with despite the GOPs concerns of him: the anti-establishment right. I don't see Condi playing that game well, if at all. For either party.
It's "pea-can", man.

Rob Lister

Postby Rob Lister » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:21 am

Mentat wrote:
Rob Lister wrote: Are you SERIOUSLY asking this after a year of Trump? I had to stop reading.

That's why I said the next sentence. Trump had a large demographic to run with despite the GOPs concerns of him: the anti-establishment right. I don't see Condi playing that game well, if at all. For either party.

She speaks like Reagan. Her politics are like Kennedy's. I think she'd do fine on either side. Probably better on the Dem side because then the media would be with her. Landslide either way I think. But it is a pipe dream. She's refused every offer, or so I hear.

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 am

Rob Lister wrote:
Mentat wrote:

She speaks like Reagan. Her politics are like Kennedy's. I think she'd do fine on either side. Probably better on the Dem side because then the media would be with her. Landslide either way I think. But it is a pipe dream. She's refused every offer, or so I hear.

But the opposition, whichever it may be, has the neolib+neocon Bush card, and that's dangerous branding for the party that accepts the nomination. It's still politics at the end of the day.
It's "pea-can", man.

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:38 am

For the left, someone who projects significantly more competence than Trump is perceived to have (rightly or wrongly), and who isn't a party-line Republican, has a significant potential base, or even some crossover potential if she ran GOP.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:19 am

Uh oh.

Oprah is a heretic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMckuY7SnXY

I wonder if she floats? ;)
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:30 am

Instead of Oprah, they should run Carl Weathers. He is exactly as qualified, plus he is owed it since he is the only major cast member of Predator to not to become a governor. The Upgrade to president is interest.
All Hail The Crimson King

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:44 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:plus he is owed it since he is the only major cast member of Predator to not to become a governor.

Because the White Man is racists!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”