Where are my tweezers?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Where are my tweezers?

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:47 pm

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Re: Where are my tweezers?

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:53 pm

I am kind of torn on this one.

On the one hand, she decided that fighting for the most obvious Baddies the world has seen since WWII was a good idea.

On the other, she is 16 and 16 year olds are not noted for excellent decision making skills.

If I were king of everything, I would probably split the difference at "Allow her to come home but dole out consequences proportional to whatever she did while she was there", meaning that if she just basically hung around, ended up as a wife to some Jihadi, but was generally non-combatant she would face minimal sanction. If she too part in fighting, all bets would be off.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:I am kind of torn on this one.

On the one hand, she decided that fighting for the most obvious Baddies the world has seen since WWII was a good idea.

On the other, she is 16 and 16 year olds are not noted for excellent decision making skills.

If I were king of everything, I would probably split the difference at "Allow her to come home but dole out consequences proportional to whatever she did while she was there", meaning that if she just basically hung around, ended up as a wife to some Jihadi, but was generally non-combatant she would face minimal sanction. If she too part in fighting, all bets would be off.
She claimed she was a sniper and had killed people.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:39 pm

Then I would let her come home and deal with her as with any other person who did such things.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:13 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Then I would let her come home and deal with her as with any other person who did such things.
I agree. 16. they are dumbasses. Can't be helped. If it were a guy I might feel differently. Don't know why.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:43 am

What age was she when she went there?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:47 am

Anaxagoras wrote:What age was she when she went there?
According the article she joined last year. I believe that would have made her 15 but you'll need to get Rob to check my math.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:48 am

You need to take in account the Meanie Point she won when Pittsburgh lost. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:59 am

"Linda Wenzel". It doesn't sound like she came from a Muslim family, although I can't be certain from the information given.

http://www.businessinsider.com/linda-we ... iew-2017-7
Wenzel was 15 when she left home for Turkey, where she crossed the border to ISIS territory and found herself sent to Iraq. According to Süddeutscher Zeitung, she was "silently radicalised" over the internet.

She reportedly told her family she was going to a sleepover at a friend's house, used a fake bank account to buy a plane ticket to Istanbul, then travelled via land to ISIS-controlled Syria.

After she arrived, she married an ISIS fighter. A report this weekend in the Sunday Times newspaper claimed that Wenzel had a baby with her when she was captured and speculated that she was the mother.

The German reports made no mention of a child.

Some, including Iraqi MP Vian Dakhil, have claimed Wenzel fought for ISIS herself and even served as a jihadist sniper. Dakhil tweeted: "A sniper #isis was captured in #Mosul, she is #German girl".
ImageImage
And of course she is so pale because of the burka.
Süddeutscher Zeitung's reporter said his interview was cut short before anyone could ask her about it.

Wenzel could face prosecution for her involvement with ISIS, either by being extradited to Germany or by standing trial in Iraq.

According to Süddeutscher Zeitung, she could face three and a half years in prison for illegally crossing a border, even in the country's juvenile court system. Any other allegations regarding her time with ISIS could result in further prosecutions.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:09 am

What Sanjuro said.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL Champions!!!

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:44 pm

Sounds like she is not alone

From ISIS-Lands to the Netherlands: Jihadists Try to Get the Press to Help Them Come Home

Though these guys don't even have the "stupid teenager" card to play. i say let them swing in the wind, and if they come home, they should come home as prisoners.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:15 am

Elkhart woman wants to come home after she claims she was tricked into joining ISIS

Four years ago, Sam Sally left her hometown in Elkhart for a vacation in Turkey. During the trip, Sally claims her husband duped her and her children into joining ISIS in Syria.

Now out of Raqqa and in Syrian Kurdish custody, Sally must explain how her husband died fighting for ISIS and prove her innocence to U.S. authorities if she ever hopes to return home with her four children.

Sally told CNN'S Nick Paton Walsh that she had no choice and recounted how her husband, Moussa, became abusive, bought teenage Yazidi sex slaves and made her 10-year-old son appear in one of ISIS's propaganda videos.

The story of how an Indiana family went from a mundane life of sports cars and a delivery business to joining ISIS and seeing their son as the face of ISIS propaganda against America is one of mystery, compassion and savagery that stretches belief.

"All I saw was a bunch of drug-using thugs that came from their countries who had no place," Sally says.

Thirty-two-year-old Sam Sally, 10-year-old Matthew, and 5-year-old Sarah, as well as Sally's youngest two live in the so-called ISIS caliphate and are now in Syrian custody.

Whether they go home or not depends, in part, on how well Sally explains her innocence in the four-year ordeal behind them.
Perhaps this is true. Or perhaps, now that her husband is dead, it is a convenient story to say that she was a victim of spousal abuse and had no choice in the matter. And she has 4 children, so there's that too. Personally, I'm not very inclined to be very sympathetic or to believe her sob story absent some kind of compelling evidence.

ETA: Oh, and don't miss this part:
"Before, he used to spoil me -- 'I love you.' I mean, we were very much in love," Sally says. "The romance never left. As soon as we came here it was completely different. Everything was completely different. I was a dog. I didn't have any choice. It was extremely violent."

Moussa traveled a lot to fight. He beat Sally at home, but he still had two more children with her in Raqqa.

The reason why may remain locked inside Sally, along with exactly what she knew and when about Moussa's radicalization.

Remarkably, Moussa suggested they buy slaves: some of the Yazidi girls captured by ISIS in 2014.

They spent $20,000 on two teenage girls, Soad and Bedrine, and a younger boy named Aham.

It was done to keep her company, she says, and to rescue the slaves to a better life. Yet Moussa repeatedly raped the girls.

"When I met Soad, I couldn't think about money. I would have spent every dollar I had on her, to bring her," Sally says.

"But it turned out that she was repeatedly raped by your husband," Walsh says.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:48 am

Yeah.

She can stay there.

Looks like she made a nice life and home. Maybe they will let her keep the slaves.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 am

I've been to Elkhart, there ain't shit to do there. Still better than joining ISIS.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:46 am

But can you get slaves in Elkhart?

I am asking for a friend.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:55 am

Le Monde wrote:Depuis janvier, 97 femmes ont été condamnées à mort en Irak, 185 à la prison à vie, quinze à trois ans de prison et une à un an de prison, explique une source judiciaire à l’AFP. La plupart des condamnées sont turques, ou originaires des anciennes républiques de l’Union soviétique. Une Allemande a également été condamnée à la peine capitale. La loi antiterroriste irakienne prévoit une condamnation à mort pour des personnes non combattantes soupçonnées d’avoir simplement appartenu à l’EI.
http://www.lemonde.fr/international/art ... raq&xtcr=1

"Since January, 97 women have been sentenced to death in Iraq, 185 got prison for life, 15 three years and one got one year. Most come from Turkey or from the ancient Soviet Republics. A German woman has also been sentenced to death. Antiterrorist Iraqi law calls for death penalty for non combatant persons suspected of having just [sic] been ISIS members."

One Froggy ("My husband made me do it.") has recently been sentenced to life in prison, seems her embassy wasn't aware the trial was held so she had no (French) lawyer:

Another one got away lightly with "illegal entry", but this has been appealed.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:05 pm

Are these all foreign women or does that figure include Iraqis too?
William Shakespeare

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:48 pm

Witness wrote:Another one got away lightly with "illegal entry", but this has been appealed.
As I understand it, appeal is automatic in Iraq. After a renewed trial, she (Mélina Boughedir) got a life sentence, based on new proofs of her involvement. (At least that's the position of the court.)

Various Froggies (including her French lawyers) whine that the trial was "unfair" & "political". There's something to it, as the French ministre de l'intérieur found it necessary to recently describe her as "a terrorist fighting against Iraq".

All this from Le Monde article: https://www.lemonde.fr/moyen-orient-ira ... 67109.html.

Giz

Post by Giz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:49 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:I am kind of torn on this one.

I think that 16 is old enough to realize that “Nazi death cult is bad” and that joining it, while it fights against your countries, is a poor decision that merits severe consequences.

I’d show them as much mercy as I would an American teenager who had run off to join the SS.