More Police Abuse

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Nyarlathotep

Re: More Police Abuse

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:50 pm

All a Miranda warning is for is if they intend to question you. They can arrest you all they like, they just can't get any testimony from you that would be admissibe in court until they do.

And I wasn't saying they couldn't arrest the unconscious guy BECAUSE he was unconscious. I just said they obviously couldn't arrest him because they didn't. Assuming that was due to lack of probably cause
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:And I wasn't saying they couldn't arrest the unconscious guy BECAUSE he was unconscious. I just said they obviously couldn't arrest him because they didn't. Assuming that was due to lack of probably cause
Yeah, but my response had lots of words.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:Oh, I misunderstood. Now it makes even less sense.

Why did he want to take a blood sample?
I think the protocol is that if you have a CDL you get drug and alcohol tested after every crash, no matter who is at fault.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Because you're guilty before it happens.

Quantums!!!
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Indian Genocides, sparks.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Which Indians? The real ones(tm) or the Injuns?

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:58 am

sparks wrote:Which Indians? The real ones(tm) or the Injuns?

Yes

sparks

Post by sparks » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:51 pm

OK. Send 'em some more of those Pox infested blankets and such.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:01 pm

sparks wrote:OK. Send 'em some more of those Pox infested blankets and such.
They don't have a "Side eye with one eyebrow raised" smiley, so you are just going to have to imagine it

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Neglected in all the stories is that there was an unconscious patient whose treatment was being delayed by the shenanigans over the blood draw.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Post by Rob Lister » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:12 am

Body cam of the cop after the arrest. He's worried he might not be liked in that hospital anymore.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:26 am

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/01/healt ... index.html
The officer's account
In a police report, Payne said that when he arrived to the hospital, Wubbels said he needed to get permission from the hospital administrators.
After more than an hour of waiting, Payne said, he called his supervisor who advised him to arrest Wubbels if she refused to let him draw a blood sample.
"I told them we wanted to blood sample to protect him, not punish him," he wrote.
An after-hours message left with the Salt Lake Police Association, the union representing officers, regarding Payne's status was not immediately returned.
Brown said the department has apologized and that its "blood draw policy" has been replaced with a new one that officers are now using.
His statement did not mention the policy that was in place at the time of Wubbels' arrest or why police would need a new one.
What does he need protection from? Last I heard it was innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:34 am

These asshole rather lie and put people in jail rather than look in the mirror and fix that problem first.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:44 am

Anaxagoras wrote:What does he need protection from? Last I heard it was innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around.
Do you not see Anax?

:freedom:

They could prove he was innocent!

Now let me into your home to prove that you are innocent of raping Lolis with Tentacles.

For your own good.

--J.D.

P.S. To take it serious for a moment--oh look! EDELMANN CATCH! I NEED A MOMENT > > > SURRENDER DOROTHY!

P.P.S. Where was I? Oh yeah, as "a man? A police man?!" you are use to dealing with guilty people. Nothing makes life easier than simply ruling someone out. Cross him off. Stop thinking of him. So why would someone not want to be proven innocent?

I know you understand this. I am rolling.

Dean Wormer?! DEAD! [Get on with it.--Ed.] Right! From there is a small step down a slippery slope to the "if you have nothing to hide, why do you need a lawyer/not consent to a search/et cetera?" We have all posted a crapload of videos explaining why this is a Bad Plan for innocent people.

I persist in the conclusion this officer felt he could bully someone into complying to generate evidences--どうも--they could later acquire without the bother and time for a warrant. Sure, a good defense attorney could argue she became an agent of the police, but is he going to get a good defense attorney? And who cares at that point? As far as he is concerned he got the perpetrator, too bad if the "suits" cannot finish the job.

This is the sort of thing that has to be crushed and punished for the good of everyone.

Notices, while I criticize the officer I understand his frustration. He "knows" he has "the guy" and if you just . . . but then "knows" is not "evidences"--ごめなさい--as you know.

P.P.P.S. ミンボーの女は面白いねー!

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Rob Lister wrote:So the fucking national news fucking says the fucking cops involved are fucking on administrative leave pending a fucking investigation.
Shall they fire him before investigating?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:08 pm

gnome wrote:
Rob Lister wrote:So the fucking national news fucking says the fucking cops involved are fucking on administrative leave pending a fucking investigation.
Yes.

gnome

Post by gnome » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:31 pm

How would you write that policy? To whom do we give the discretion for immediate termination?

Don't mistake me for supporting the officer here. But I'm not comfortable with a "fire them and ask questions later" policy.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Rob Lister

Post by Rob Lister » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:44 pm

gnome wrote:How would you write that policy? To whom do we give the discretion for immediate termination?

Don't mistake me for supporting the officer here. But I'm not comfortable with a "fire them and ask questions later" policy.
Dude. I was being poe. Sure, they get the benefit of the doubt before we hang them. You dweeb.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:07 pm

gnome wrote:
No, but how long does it take to watch that video and draw a conclusion?

What exactly is there to investigate?

The investigation could be over in a day or two to be honest. Sooner, really. The facts are plain to see.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm

The cop was ready to convict someone on the spot. What's good for the goose...