Ya Allah! Good old former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore!

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Re: Ya Allah! Good old former Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore!

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:30 pm

It's okay. Word now is that the governor of Alabama can delay the election so that either the voters get their minds right and vote for Moore or so that the Republicans will have more time to find a suitable replacement.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 am

FWIW, here's a transcript of Sean Hannity interviewing Roy Moore:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... pened.html
HANNITY: But do you remember ever going on a date with her? She said that you asked around out on the first of several dates but nothing progressed beyond kissing.

MOORE: I don't remember specific dates. I do not and I don't remember if it was that time or later. But I do not remember that.

HANNITY: But you know hard but you never dated her ever? Is that what you're saying?

MOORE: No but I don't remember going out on dates. I knew her as a friend. If we did go on dates then we did. But I do not remember that.
He says he never knew the 14-yr-old one but he did know the other two. Doesn't exactly deny going on dates with them, just says he can't remember. (You hear the refrain "I don't remember" and "It was 40 years ago" a lot in this interview.)
HANNITY: At that time in your life...Let me ask you this you do remember these girls would it be unusual for you as a 32 year old guy to have dated a woman as young as 17? That would be a 15 year difference or a girl 18. Do you remember dating girls that young at that time?

MOORE: Not generally, no. If did, you know, I'm not going to dispute anything but I don't remember anything like that.

HANNITY: But you don't specifically remember having any girlfriend that was in her late teens even at that time?

MOORE: I don't remember that and I don't remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother. And I think in her statement she said that her mother actually encouraged her to go out with me.
HANNITY: You mentioned you'd never go out with any young girl I assume you meant like when you were 32 at that time of your life, would you always ask the permission of the parent before you would take a girl out?

MOORE: Well I mean I'm saying that in their statements that they made these two young girls said their mother actually encouraged them to be friends with me. And you know that's what they said. I don't remember. I wasn't privy to their conversation but obviously we never had any sexual activity. There was never anything like that. And the behavior was all together appropriate according to them.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:09 am

Regarding that interview, Popehat has said something to the effect of, "This is why defense attorneys tell their clients to STFU."
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:33 am

Boom, head shot!
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:59 am

Pyrrho wrote:Regarding that interview, Popehat has said something to the effect of, "This is why defense attorneys tell their clients to STFU."
That advice applies to legal matters. As far as I know, even if he had sex with a minor, and thereby committed statutory rapes, that has passed beyond the statutes of limitations:
Unfortunately, Alabama has some of the shortest sexual abuse statutes of limitations in the United States. A civil sexual abuse case must be filed within:

In childhood sexual abuse cases, two years from the victim’s 19th birthday, or

Two years from the event in adult sexual abuse cases.

There are no exceptions to these rules for repressed memories or DNA analysis. Due to these short statutes of limitations, victims of abuse must act very quickly.

Ambulance Chasers 'R US
Do not get me started on "repressed memories." I cannot tell you how many Holocaust survivors repressed their memories as in like none.

Meanwhile, this is not a legal case. If he practices as a lawyer, he convicts himself in the Popular Opinion.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:29 pm

Roy Moore On Pedophilia Accusers: ‘These Women Are Only Discrediting Me Now Because Shifting Sociocultural Norms Have Created An Environment In Which Assault Allegations Are Taken Seriously’

MONTGOMERY, AL—Waving off the current allegations against him as vicious attempts to sabotage his election bid, Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore told reporters Monday that the women accusing him of pedophilia were only doing so now because “shifting sociocultural norms have created an environment in which assault allegations are taken seriously.” “These women have had 30 years to come forward, and the one and only reason they’re speaking out now is because they suddenly have less fear that their lives will be utterly destroyed,” said Moore, adding that the women accusing him of sexually pursuing them as teenagers were just several of many “jumping on the sexual assault bandwagon these days” in light of meaningful systemic change and the fact that society would no longer immediately discredit them. “My accusers are nothing but slandering opportunists taking advantage of the deteriorating influence of the patriarchy that has traditionally silenced any woman who makes such claims. If the American public at large had not finally begun truly hearing victims and decided that enough was enough, I guarantee that these women would never have had the audacity to accuse me of such heinous crimes.” Moore went on to say that he would nevertheless continue his run for the Senate despite the charges against him because while the norms had shifted, they had not shifted nearly as much in Alabama.

Most Trusted News Source
--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:25 am

The Troll Smearing Roy Moore’s Accuser Stole a Dead Navy SEAL’s Identity
And that’s just one of a host of lies from ‘@Umpire43,’ whose attempts to discredit Roy Moore’s accusers went instantly viral in the Trumposphere.
Betsy Woodruff
Ben Collins
Spencer Ackerman
Joseph Cox
11.14.17 4:14 PM ET

The rightwing blog The Gateway Pundit pushed a single-sourced rumor from an anonymous Twitter account, @Umpire43, claiming that one of Roy Moore’s accusers was offered $1,000 by The Washington Post to go public with her claims.

That rumor quickly made its way to InfoWars and the top of r/The_Donald, the most active pro-Trump community on the web. The pro-Trump cable station One America News Network even aired the news, citing a “report.”

But the source for that viral accusation is a serial fabulist who has been using the identity of a Navy serviceman who died in 2007, records show.

Umpire43, also known as Doug Lewis or DJ Lewis, has repeatedly invented stories in the past—particularly about his own background. Lewis said he was a 22-year veteran of the Navy, a pollster at Ipsos/Reuters, an expert on rigging voting machines, a source who was feet away from Reince Preibus, a man who speaks six languages, a beleaguered soul who needed time off after the 9/11 attacks when he saw Muslims “dancing on rooftops,” the owner of a polling company who claimed Trump had a sustained lead in California, and an actual baseball umpire with 50 years experience. Oh, and he worked at the American consulate in Calgary, where he claimed to obtain proof of a forged birth certificate for Ted Cruz’s father.

The Daily Beast spoke with each of the institutions and companies at which he claimed to be affiliated or employed. None of Umpire43’s employment or service claims are true, these organizations said.

Umpire43’s now-infamous allegation that “A family friend in Alabama just told my wife that a WAPO reporter named Beth offered her 1000$ to accuse Roy Moore,” posted last week, was deleted with the rest of his Twitter account Tuesday morning.

Umpire43 (or Lewis) claimed to be born in two different places—South Bend, Ind. and Plains, Ga.—in separate tweets. It’s hardly his only inconsistent claim. For someone who leaned hard on his security credentials to bolster his credibility, Umpire43 appears to have stolen or invented those credentials.
William Shakespeare

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:36 am

Deplorables indeed.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:32 am

Mentat wrote:Deplorables indeed.
More shenanigans (or should I say, Moore shenanigans):

Alabama Robocall Impersonates a Washington Post Reporter Willing to Pay for Dirt on Roy Moore
Adding further muck to the already deeply icky Alabama Senate race is local CBS affiliate WKRG-TV's report Tuesday that a robocall by someone posing as a Washington Post reporter had been caught on the voicemail of a local pastor. During the 25-second recorded call, a man posing as “Lenny Bernstein,” a Washington Post reporter, says he’s looking for women “willing to make damaging remarks” about Roy Moore in return for “a reward of between 5,000 and 7,000 dollars.” Everything about the portrayal of the reporter is cartoonish down to his unrecognizable, vaguely Bostony accent.

Unsurprisingly, the call is a hoax that comes in the wake of the Washington Post’s bombshell of story last week about Roy Moore’s alleged sexual interactions with teenagers that yanked the rug out from under the special election race scheduled to go to the polls on Dec. 12. Washington Post Executive Editor Marty Baron said in a statement* that paying for information is not within the bounds of the Post’s (or most any newspaper’s) reporting. “The Post has just learned that at least one person in Alabama has received a call from someone falsely claiming to be from the Washington Post. The call’s description of our reporting methods bears no relationship to reality,” Baron said in a statement Tuesday. “We are shocked and appalled that anyone would stoop to this level to discredit real journalism.”
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 am

We are dealing with the types of people willing to blame victims to preserve their "agenda."

There is no low too low for these types of people, even if the low is . . .

*snicker! snicker!*

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 am

At least it reveals how they will govern, and that they care nothing for people.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:00 am

They never did.

We have become Nyarl.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:18 pm

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:32 am

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:52 am

The Hill wrote:Pastor supporting Moore: 'More women are sexual predators than men'

A pastor who supports Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore (R) blasted the allegations of sexual harassment against Moore, saying they’re part of a “war on men.”

"More women are sexual predators than men," Pastor Franklin Raddish of Independent Baptist Ministries, a nationwide church, told Alabama news outlet AL.com. "Women are chasing young boys up and down the road, but we don't hear about that because it's not PC."

The news organization spoke to Raddish as part of an effort to speak with every pastor that endorsed Moore before the allegations against him were made public. Nineteen of the 29 pastors who responded told AL.com they were still supporting Moore.

Dozens of other Alabama pastors signed onto a letter released Friday calling Moore unfit for office and accusing him of preaching “extremist values” while comparing him to politicians who have “cynically used Christianity for their own goals.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/36 ... s-than-men

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am

Whoa, Jedi Knight got ordained!
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:00 am

It's "pea-can", man.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:26 am

Moore shenanigans. You guys remember James O'Keefe, right?

A conservative group tried to plant a fake Roy Moore allegation in the Washington Post. It failed.
A woman said Moore got her pregnant at 15. Her story unraveled under scrutiny.

A conservative activist group tried to target Washington Post reporters, planting a source with a false allegation against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore.

But instead of publishing the story of “Jaime Phillips,” who claimed Moore impregnated her at 15 and helped her get an abortion, the Post exposed the plot and foiled the operation to dupe its journalists.

After the Post first published allegations on November 9 that Moore pursued relationships with teenagers and sexually assaulted a 14-year-old, the newspaper has been dogged by easily disprovable allegations that sources were biased, paid, or both.

The conservative group Project Veritas and its controversial founder, James O’Keefe, apparently wanted to help cast doubt on the women’s stories. The group targets media and left-leaning organizations by secretly filming them. In 2010, O’Keefe pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a ploy in which two men posed as telephone repairmen and tried to enter the office of then-Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-LA).

Instead, Project Veritas ended up showing how thorough the Post’s reporting really was.

The sting began, according to the Post, when a woman reached out to Beth Reinhard, one of the reporters who broke the story of Moore’s alleged sexual misconduct. “Roy Moore in Alabama . . . I might know something but I need to keep myself safe,” the source emailed Reinhard. “How do we do this?”

The story details the reporters’ follow-up with the woman, who identified herself as Jaime Phillips and claimed to have had a sexual relationship with Moore as a teen in Alabama. She became pregnant, she claimed, and Moore drove her to get an abortion in Mississippi. The Post says she pressed the reporters over whether the story would hurt Moore’s chances in the senatorial race.

Inconsistencies in Phillips’s explosive stories quickly raised suspicion. The place she gave as her employer had no record of her. An online search uncovered a GoFundMe account page registered to a Jaime Phillips who was moving to New York “to combat the lies and deceipt of the liberal MSM.” She claimed in an interview filmed by Washington Post videographers that she was interviewing for a job at the Daily Caller, but the woman she named as her interviewer wasn’t actually employed at the conservative website.

At the end of that interview, Phillips said, “I think I probably just want to cancel and not go through with it at this point.”

The Post says the woman was later spotted entering the New York offices of Project Veritas.

The founder of Project Veritas, O’Keefe, did not respond to questions about the woman’s identity. But he swiftly reacted to the story on Twitter. He posted a video of him “confronting” a Washington Post reporter who tried to follow up with O’Keefe about Phillips and her story.
They did their due diligence. If it had been true it would have been a perfect storm of hypocrisy given the abortion angle. Probably a good example of "if it sounds too good to be true, it is".
William Shakespeare

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:49 am

It's "pea-can", man.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:49 am

By the way, I still think Roy Moore is going to win. It's still Alabama after all. Plus he's got Trump in his corner.
William Shakespeare