The N-dimensional parcheezi in Hilbert space thread.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

The N-dimensional parcheezi in Hilbert space thread.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:35 pm

The thread to record super-genius Napoleon-of-Crime Machiavellian mastermind tactics that benefit Trump.

Russian-linked campaign used Pokémon Go to meddle in election
The Hill

The mobile game app Pokémon Go was reportedly used by a Russian-linked campaign to meddle in U.S. politics.

CNN reported that a Russian-linked campaign called "Don't Shoot Us," likely run by Moscow-linked "troll farm" Internet Research Agency (IRA), used Pokémon Go — among several other mediums including Facebook and Twitter — and posed as a part of the Black Lives Matter movement.

The Moscow-linked actors appear to be the source of the campaign that had a goal to raise racial tensions by bringing up incidents of police brutality.

The campaign posted on its Tumblr page to urge users to play Pokémon Go as part of a contest. It encouraged users to find Pokémon in places where police brutality had happened and then to rename their Pokémon after the victims.

Truly we are in the hands of infinite evil. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Re: The N-dimensional parcheezi in Hilbert space thread.

Postby gnome » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:42 pm

It's been a long time. In Parcheesi do you make any strategic decisions whatsoever, or do you just roll the dice and do what the dice say?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:48 pm

gnome wrote:It's been a long time. In Parcheesi do you make any strategic decisions whatsoever, or do you just roll the dice and do what the dice say?

Busted. :P

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:42 pm

gnome wrote:It's been a long time. In Parcheesi do you make any strategic decisions whatsoever, or do you just roll the dice and do what the dice say?

Yeah but since you're playing in N-dimensional Hilbert space you can chose a dimension with the ideal outcome.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

gnome

Postby gnome » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:58 pm

You mean the one where the game is already over and you're playing something else now? :P
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:58 pm

:meanie1:
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

gnome

Postby gnome » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:46 pm

Ok, back to Abdul's thread.

MetroUK: Donald Trump finally explains what he meant by ‘calm before storm’

With commentary by Leon Panetta!

Leon Panetta wrote:Leon Panetta, a former defence secretary and CIA director, said Trump’s remarks were not something to worry about. He told CNN: ‘You begin to assume that it’s more about getting attention than it is about proclaiming some kind of national policy. ‘I don’t think it’s responsible…but I think in this instance we probably all should take a deep breath and try to assume he’s just making a play for attention. ‘There is no indication that there is a strategy or a policy behind that statement.’

Reuters: Asked to explain 'calm before the storm' remark, Trump talks North Korea

Reuters wrote:U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday appeared to confirm he had North Korea in mind last week when he described a gathering of military leaders as “the calm before the storm.”

In an interview with U.S. network Fox News, Trump was asked what he meant with the cryptic phrase, which had fueled concerns the United States and North Korea were closer to war.

“We can’t let this to go on. We just can‘t,” Trump said in response to the question, adding that China has been very helpful in the situation. “They cut off banking to North Korea.”

Trump made the “calm before the storm” comment during an Oct 5 photo opportunity before having dinner with U.S. military leaders and their wives. The dinner followed a meeting in which Trump and the military leaders discussed Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan and the fight against Islamic State.

On Wednesday, Trump also characterized a diplomatic deal with North Korea brokered under former President Bill Clinton as a failure.

“Before ... the ink was dry on the contract, they were already starting again with the missiles, and with the nuclear, frankly,” Trump said.

“We cannot allow this to happen. This should have been taken care of long ago.” he said.

Well, that clears that up!
--Soldier, TF2

xouper

Postby xouper » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Sometimes you get to choose which piece to move. Sometimes that can have significant tactical impact.

Example: Suppose you have three pieces on the outside track. You roll the dice and get, say, eight. If one of your pieces is eight spaces behind an opponent, then it might be a good tactic to move that piece and make your opponent start over.

Example: If you have multiple pieces on the outside track, and one of them is in danger of being bumped, then it might be an advantage to move that piece, especially if that will move him off the main track and onto the home stretch where he can't be bumped.

But mostly, if you assume all players always make the most optimal choice, then it's just luck of the dice.

Is that what you were asking?

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:53 pm

I'm noticing a pattern.

The Hill isn't one of those soi disant fake news sites is it? :notsure:

Pinterest acknowledges Russia-linked political posts appeared on the site

Aha! Pinterest.

Now we know the answer to Hillary's question about why so many white women voted for Trump. :o

gnome

Postby gnome » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:57 pm

xouper wrote:

Sometimes you get to choose which piece to move. Sometimes that can have significant tactical impact.

Example: Suppose you have three pieces on the outside track. You roll the dice and get, say, eight. If one of your pieces is eight spaces behind an opponent, then it might be a good tactic to move that piece and make your opponent start over.

Example: If you have multiple pieces on the outside track, and one of them is in danger of being bumped, then it might be an advantage to move that piece, especially if that will move him off the main track and onto the home stretch where he can't be bumped.

But mostly, if you assume all players always make the most optimal choice, then it's just luck of the dice.

Is that what you were asking?

Precisely, in fact. Thanks!
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:12 pm

Doesn't really need a bump, but I'm noticing that this particular species of jive is no longer current in the media.

Trump has been very straightforwardly moronic lately.

Or is that just what he wants us to think? :o

gnome

Postby gnome » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:13 pm

He's moved on to N-dimensional Candyland.
--Soldier, TF2

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”