Those wacky sovereign citizens

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
shemp
Title: stooge

Re: Those wacky sovereign citizens

Post by shemp » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:11 pm

His lack of parchment trumps your notarization.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

shemp
Title: stooge

Post by shemp » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Doctor X wrote:While dated, here is a nice overview of the Epic FAIL That is Bruce Doucette.

--J.D.
Read it. It must be fun to live in a fantasy world where one can appoint oneself Grand Poobah with infinite powers.
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:20 pm

@jjmacnab

The inventor of this "quantum language" brags that he has an IQ of 200 and that he became the King of Hawaii by converting the state name into a verb
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:42 am

Yeah, that quote--"converting Hawai'i into a verb"--is probably one of the most awesome I have read in awhile.

. . . going down the Interwebz Rabbit Hole:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:05 am

That's their theory? "Esquires" make everything null and void? :lol:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:15 am

This clown actually cites "Admiralty Law" at about 4:00.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:08 am

This is long, but he sues for Faulty Grammar!!!11!:

IN POSTAL COURT!!!!1!!

this involves the Feds. More information on his crippling FAIL

--J.D.

P.S. And the definite article is not an adverb, nor does it turn a noun into a verb.

P.P.S. Here--from the same site--is an "order" issued by such a POSTAL COURT [!--Ed.] No word on its grammar.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:18 pm

Two points:
-The only entity that can successfully play "gotcha" is the Federal Government.
- I forgot the second
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

ed

Post by ed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Bruce Doucette: what was he on trial for?

Here
https://itmattershowyoustand.com/2017/0 ... -colorado/

idiots

eta ... seriously, what exactly did they think was going to happen? I don't get the thought processes of such people. Is it like some sort of mass hallucination?

Then there is Wesley Snipes who seems like an ok guy.
On October 12, 2006, Snipes, Eddie Ray Kahn, and Douglas P. Rosile were charged with one count of conspiring to defraud the United States and one count of knowingly making or aiding and abetting the making of a false and fraudulent claim for payment against the United States. Snipes was also charged with six counts of willfully failing to file federal income tax returns by their filing dates.[17] The conspiracy charge against Snipes alleged that he filed a false amended return, including a false tax refund claim of over $4 million for the year 1996, and a false amended return, including a false tax refund claim of over US$7.3 million for the year 1997. The government alleged that Snipes attempted to obtain fraudulent tax refunds using a tax protester theory called the "861 argument" (essentially, an argument that the domestic income of U.S. citizens and residents is not taxable). The government also charged that Snipes sent three worthless, fictitious "bills of exchange" for $14 million to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).[18]
I mean, WTF? You would think that he might have asked a lawyer (he certainly must have lawyers and accountants around) what they thought of this ploy. I mean, even you lot, addled from drugs and lack of sleep and depraved sexual practices would think to ask someone about an idea too good to be true. Wouldn't you?

Don't get it.

ed

Post by ed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:18 pm

bump

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:33 pm

@JackFeerick

I've been following @JJMacNab's reporting on the sovereign citizen movement for a while, and there's a lot going on with these people from an epistemological standpoint: what they know, what they think they know, their entire basis for operating in the world.
More at the link.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed

Post by ed » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Some of their actions are almost child-like. As if Registering a letter means anything or somehow adds gravitas to their arguments. Its like a Star Trek episode where they engage half remembered conventions of civilized society.

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Doctor X wrote:This is long, but he sues for Faulty Grammar!!!11!:

IN POSTAL COURT!!!!1!!

this involves the Feds. More information on his crippling FAIL

--J.D.

P.S. And the definite article is not an adverb, nor does it turn a noun into a verb.

P.P.S. Here--from the same site--is an "order" issued by such a POSTAL COURT [!--Ed.] No word on its grammar.

They're going to rue the day that the Universal Postage Union found out about their noncompliance!

And also, they will find out what "rue" means.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Found this today--the longest running law enforcement standoff in history.

Wikipedia: John Joe Gray
Henderson County Sheriff Ray Nutt wrote:John Joe Gray is not worth it. Ten of him is not worth going up there and getting one of my young deputies killed.
I'm sure he thinks this proves his legal theories correct.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

ed

Post by ed » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:53 pm

gnome wrote:Found this today--the longest running law enforcement standoff in history.

Wikipedia: John Joe Gray
Henderson County Sheriff Ray Nutt wrote:John Joe Gray is not worth it. Ten of him is not worth going up there and getting one of my young deputies killed.
I'm sure he thinks this proves his legal theories correct.
That is awesome

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:51 pm

This is where I can enjoy how contradictory people can be, and by people I mean us.

Objectively, this fellow is an unpleasant, deluded, and even dangerous person that probably should be in jail.

A part of me, and I think I'm not the only one, has a sort of appreciation for someone with little political influence who manages to resist the authorities and make them give up--this without actually condoning any of it.
--Soldier, TF2

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:59 pm

I find sovereign citizens both fascinating and annoying. However, I can usually only watch them in short clips before I start yelling at them through my computer.

On a related topic, I've posted a link to one of the very best resources I've found discussing all manner of tax protestor arguments and why they are mistaken.

http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html#purpose

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:54 pm

True that.

Though as with most things, being adhering to the process of a skeptic, I require a bit more evidences, thanks, that despite about a 100 years without anyone noticing, some guy who failed "Don't Eat the Paste" in 4th grade discovered that the IRS is illegal/UnConstitutional--even UNCONSTITUTIONAL!--just before he squares the circle.

--J.D.

ed

Post by ed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Doctor X wrote:True that.

Though as with most things, being adhering to the process of a skeptic, I require a bit more evidences, thanks, that despite about a 100 years without anyone noticing, some guy who failed "Don't Eat the Paste" in 4th grade discovered that the IRS is illegal/UnConstitutional--even UNCONSTITUTIONAL!--just before he squares the circle.

--J.D.
Sniff test.

And, again, only the Feds win games of Gotcha.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:40 pm

An actual leftist value was protecting the powerless against the powerful. In America that turned into backing big labor which itself became a powerful interest and one of the most basic values of everyday leftism was hijacked.

Is it any surprise the powerless become disenfranchised, deluded, and acting out fantasies of imagined autonomy? Nobody stands up for the little guy against the government or large companies in the eyes of the peons. Sovereign citizens are largely right wing, but their delusion probably in part spawns from seeing a world largely out of their control where they can be squashed like bugs.

I look at white male youths that have shot up schools from Columbine on and wonder societial macro trends create the conditions that breed someone cold enough to pull that trigger.