Those wacky sovereign citizens

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: Those wacky sovereign citizens

Post by ed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:52 pm

Let me ask a basic question: do you feel that your interests are represented at any level of government?

I don't. I think that congress people are only interested in retaining power. My interests are important only insofar as they support that objective.

The entire immigration debate is entirely about the democrats gaining power. If 1/10 the effort and rhetoric expended there was expended against the legitimate problems of our black citizens there might be some progress on that front. Meanwhile, the expulsion of a person who has broken our laws and is here illegally matters whilst the plight of an addicted single mother in Chicago gets zero attention.

No one is really speaking for us. That is why talk radio and MSNBC exist. If real problems were being addressed those talking heads would revert to what they had been: fringe loons.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:54 pm

This is getting surprisingly deep.

Thoughtful posts.

Commentary on immigration--I can agree that the "power" issue has more than its share of influence on how Democrats are handling it. There are real issues within it though.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

ed

Post by ed » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:28 pm

gnome wrote:This is getting surprisingly deep.

Thoughtful posts.

Commentary on immigration--I can agree that the "power" issue has more than its share of influence on how Democrats are handling it. There are real issues within it though.
There are.

I believe in being clear about first principles though. In the immigration areas I believe that immigration only exists to serve the needs of the citizens of this country. Certain allowances can be made for political exiles and the like but those should be rare exceptions.

I would rather concern myself with the plight of young black men then any number of illegals. I don't believe that there should exist a quota system for immigration that serves to equalize racial representation. and that is the goal of the democratic party.

We owe absolutely nothing to anyone outside of this country.

The sole reason for allowing residence is that the individual will move our corporate peanut ahead. I give not a fuck for the price of lettuce or that Paris Hilton may have to take a cut in corporate profits by hiring Americans.

Those are the basic principles I start out with.

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:05 pm

If I can't sign onto that wholesale, there is at least lots of room for partial agreement, and if we were legislators, some forms of compromise we would both probably be satisfied with.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 pm

ed wrote:Let me ask a basic question: do you feel that your interests are represented at any level of government?

I don't. I think that congress people are only interested in retaining power. My interests are important only insofar as they support that objective.

The entire immigration debate is entirely about the democrats gaining power. If 1/10 the effort and rhetoric expended there was expended against the legitimate problems of our black citizens there might be some progress on that front. Meanwhile, the expulsion of a person who has broken our laws and is here illegally matters whilst the plight of an addicted single mother in Chicago gets zero attention.

No one is really speaking for us. That is why talk radio and MSNBC exist. If real problems were being addressed those talking heads would revert to what they had been: fringe loons.
I can be in 100% agreement with this post and still believe "sovereign citizens" are idiots.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:49 am

Sovereign Citizens are just another cult.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:07 am

I dont recognize your authority to make that judgment about them. When you applied to the forum you put your name as 'Doctor X' which means your registration isn't valid since it isn't your real name.

Which is Percival Von Wootenheimer IV

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:43 am

Politics has always been about power and nothing but. And that means doing in your enemies.

The only change in recent years is that people have stopped pretending otherwise.

Sad but true
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:47 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Politics has always been about power and nothing but. ...
You forgot money.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 am

Money and power are almost synonymous. Money==power and power brings in money.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:52 am

Up to a point.

But for your average not especially famous municipal politician, lining the pockets is much more important than making the world eat shit. It's a living.

Billionaires who want more power than money can buy are not typical politicians.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:34 am

Making the world eat shit is the prime concern of everyone from the most powerful politician to that homeless guy in the dumpster.

The billionaire just has more resources to do it

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:53 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Making the world eat shit is the prime concern of everyone from the most powerful politician to that homeless guy in the dumpster.
And so the world gets real simple.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:45 am

corplinx wrote:I dont recognize your authority to make that judgment about them.
Harter says I have claim!

Sorry to make you cry.

I love you.

J&D

P.S. Not . . . that there is anything. . . .
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:47 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:Politics has always been about power and SEX nothing but. And that means doing in your enemies.!
A RIVER. . . .

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:41 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Making the world eat shit is the prime concern of everyone from the most powerful politician to that homeless guy in the dumpster.

The billionaire just has more resources to do it
I'm only saying that most have more concern with getting money, or if you prefer balance their desire to make the world eat shit with squeezing a living out of it.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:58 pm

Nobody gives a shit about making people eat shit. That is a supremely arrogant point of view inasmuch as it supposes that the powerful actually think about you or anybody else. The shit eating is a byproduct, like chicken entrails in the making of chicken tenders.

The powerful care for their interests and are largely indifferent to everyone else. And god forbid they ever try to "help". That gives you a Bloomberg. And that is real evil.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:07 pm

ed wrote:Nobody gives a shit about making people eat shit. ...
So you say, but it was a specialty of our last president. And our current president has been a master of it all his life.

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:48 pm

ed wrote:Nobody gives a shit about making people eat shit. That is a supremely arrogant point of view inasmuch as it supposes that the powerful actually think about you or anybody else. The shit eating is a byproduct, like chicken entrails in the making of chicken tenders.

The powerful care for their interests and are largely indifferent to everyone else. And god forbid they ever try to "help". That gives you a Bloomberg. And that is real evil.
It's only arrogant if you suppose they think of you as an individual. They do not, to the rich you are "them" (well, maybe not YOU, but you know what I mean). "Them" is a nothing but a toy to sadistically amuse yourself with at best, a potential threat that must be destroyed at worst. As you get richer and more powerful, less and less of the world shares your interests so more and more of the world becomes "them". When you get to Trump levels of wealth and power, "Them" is pretty much everyone else on the planet.

ed

Post by ed » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Ah ... the evil version of a personal god.