#metoo Meets Senator Al Franken

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: #metoo Meets Senator Al Franken

Postby Doctor X » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Not watching Bob Hope talk a song made famous by the Andrews Sisters and a gal with "great gams?"

What are they? Gay?

Or Commies!

THIS EXPLAINS BERGDAL AND BRUCE MANNING!11!!!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Franken the homophobe:

Look what he said in an interview in 1976 :HoppingMad2:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1976/ ... age=single

He recalled writing a skit called "Seamen on Broadway" that was rejected from the Hasty Pudding show "by some preppie so they could take some other preppie's skit." Franken started to smile again, but his tone was serious, too serious. "It's not preppies, cause I'm a preppie myself. I just don't like homosexuals. If you ask me, they're all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia." The smile became so broad it pushed his eyes shut. He couldn't stand it any longer. "Put that in, put that in," Franken laughed, leaning over the desk. "I'd love to see that in The Crimson."

RETRACT THAT !!!!!1!!!!!
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 pm

Another more recent accuser has come out.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Hey, he's just a touchy-feely guy.

Spoiler:
https://pagesix.com/2017/11/20/new-pics-show-al-franken-grabbing-arianna-huffingtons-breasts-and-butt/?_ga=2.152379897.1728728667.1511278758-517531006.1355551456

All consensual she says.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Two More Women Accuse Sen. Al Franken Of Inappropriate Touching

One woman told HuffPost that Franken had grabbed her backside at an event honoring women. BWA!HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!

By Jenavieve Hatch and Zachary Roth

Two more women have told HuffPost that Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) touched their butts in separate incidents. These are the third and fourth such allegations against Franken in the past week. Leeann Tweeden, a radio host, wrote last week that Franken had kissed and groped her without her consent during a 2006 USO tour. On Monday, Lindsay Menz accused Franken of groping her at the Minnesota State Fair in 2010.

The two additional women, who said they were not familiar with each others’ stories, both spoke on condition of anonymity. But their stories, which describe events during Franken’s first campaign for the Senate, are remarkably similar — and both women have been telling them privately for years.

In a statement to HuffPost, Franken said, “It’s difficult to respond to anonymous accusers, and I don’t remember those campaign events.”

The first woman, who spoke to HuffPost on condition of anonymity because she’s worried she’ll be harassed online for making the allegation, said Franken groped her when they posed for a photo after a June 25, 2007, event hosted by the Minnesota Women’s Political Caucus in Minneapolis.

“My story is eerily similar to Lindsay Menz’s story,” the first woman said. “He grabbed my buttocks during a photo op.”

The second woman told HuffPost that Franken cupped her butt with his hand at a 2008 Democratic fundraiser in Minneapolis, then suggested the two visit the bathroom together. She spoke on condition of anonymity out of fear that the allegation could affect her position at work.

“My immediate reaction was disgust,” the second woman said. “But my secondary reaction was disappointment. I was excited to be there and to meet him. And so to have that happen really deflated me. It felt like: ‘Is this really the person who is going to be in a position of power to represent our community?’”

“I can categorically say that I did not proposition anyone to join me in any bathroom,” Franken told HuffPost. You would never lie, right? Right?

The first woman, a 38-year-old book editor who was living in Minneapolis at the time, told HuffPost that she had just finished performing with a feminist choir BWA!HA!HA!HA! at the Women’s Political Caucus event, which Franken and his wife, Franni Bryson, attended. After the ceremony, she and other members of the choir approached him for photos.

“My mother loves Al Franken. She listened to Air America [on which Franken had a radio show] every day,” the first woman said. ”I saw him and asked if we could take a photo together for my mother, and we stood next to each other ... and down his hand went.”

HuffPost spoke to two sources close to the first woman who corroborated her account.

One fellow choir member, Sarah, remembers not only being there for the groping incident but hearing another choir member say that Franken wouldn’t stop looking at her chest.

Ten years ago, it was easier to shrug off predatory behavior as “boys being boys,” Sarah said, especially when that predatory behavior came from a political ally [Sic--Ed.].

["Snip!"--Ed.]

“Only two people have come forward, and people are saying that this is a right-wing conspiracy,” she said. “It’s not. I’m a liberal person. ... I voted for him after this happened.” Congratulations for being Part of the Problem.

The second woman, who said she was groped at a fundraiser, told HuffPost it took place in the fall of 2008 at the Loft Literary Center in Minneapolis. She was excited about attending the event and meeting someone she wanted to support.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

“I shook his hand, and he put his arm around my waist and held it there,” the second woman said. “Then he moved it lower and cupped my butt.”

“I was completely mortified,” she added.

In order to escape the situation, the woman excused herself to go to the bathroom. At that point, she said, Franken leaned in and suggested that he accompany her. She grabbed her friend and fled to the bathroom without him.

The second woman told several people ― including one of the reporters for this story, Zachary Roth ― about the incident some years ago, but didn’t want it reported then. She said she didn’t tell anyone at the time of the incident because inappropriate behavior from men was not that unusual to her or her friends.

["Snip!"--Ed.]

Today, she said, she feels more confident, in part thanks to the flood of women who have come forward over the last month to share stories of sexual harassment by powerful men.

“Men should be held to the same standards regardless of their politics,” she [The first woman--Ed.] said. “He’s an imperfect messenger for a progressive platform. He can’t claim to be ‘for women’ and also grope them.”

Arianna Scandal Rag

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:39 pm

http://www.startribune.com/franken-vows ... 459615023/

Sen. Al Franken plans to stay in the U.S. Senate and try to win back Minnesotans’ trust.

The Minnesota Democrat, who has been accused by four women — two of them anonymously — of inappropriate contact, issued a Thanksgiving afternoon apology and pledge. He wrote that he “feels terribly that I’ve made some women feel badly.” He called himself “a warm person” who likes to hug people when they’re being photographed with him, but clearly, his embrace “crossed a line for some women.”

Although his statement did not directly address the question of whether he might resign, he vowed to move ahead with an effort to regain the trust of his constituents. A spokesman for Franken said Thursday that the senator has no plans to resign.

The accusations, which have left Franken facing a Senate ethics investigation, have touched off a fierce debate among his progressive supporters over what level of sexual misconduct should force a politician with a record of support for women’s rights to resign from office.

“Because he happens to be a good guy on some other issues, people are confused,” said Erin Vilardi, head of VoteRunLead, a national group that aims to elect more women to public office. It held a national convention in Minneapolis last weekend.

Whatever happened to "Keep your hands to yourself."
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:44 pm

When was that ever a "thing" amongst the powerful?

Franken is such a hypocrite it is hilarious. He is like fundamentalist Christian politicians screaming about "fags!" only to be found hooking up on Larry Craig's list.

See what I did there?

Haters!

--J.D.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Next they'll be accusing Joe Quimby.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Our hero, big dumb Al ... goes down.

And whatever happened to Davis?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Davis_(comedian)

Oh, stand down. He's dead. Anyone have him in the dead pool?
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Skeeve

#MeTo or the Salem Bitch Trials...

Postby Skeeve » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:45 pm

I am seriously beginning to believe some of these complaints,
coming (in some cases) decades after the alleged event(s) are, to be kind, maybe a bit hyperbolic?

Just sayin'
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:55 pm

When the Clinton News Network reports against you, and you are a Liberal Moonbat, you know you are fucked:

Army veteran says Franken groped her during USO tour in 2003

Stephanie Kemplin, 41, of Maineville, Ohio, is the fifth woman in two weeks to accuse Franken of inappropriate touching, and the second person to allege that such behavior took place while Franken was on a USO tour. Meet the troops, right?
. . . .
"When he put his arm around me, he groped my right breast. He kept his hand all the way over on my breast," Kemplin said in an interview. "I've never had a man put their arm around me and then cup my breast. So he was holding my breast on the side."

Clinton News Network

--J.D.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Never? Poor girl.
- new minimalist ethos -

gnome

Re: #MeTo or the Salem Bitch Trials...

Postby gnome » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:31 pm

Skeeve wrote:I am seriously beginning to believe some of these complaints,
coming (in some cases) decades after the alleged event(s) are, to be kind, maybe a bit hyperbolic?

Just sayin'

I think that's possible. It is difficult on motive-speculation alone to determine how much might be that compared to it taking this long for people who kept it to themselves to not be as afraid to come forward. If it were possible to know for certain, I'd put my money on the latter category being a significantly larger share. Unfortunately, that ambiguity makes it all too convenient to split it up according to how much the person aligns with our political opinions, or how much of a fan we used to be.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:21 pm

When you lose Fauxcahontas and The Man in Grey:

Massachusetts U.S. Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Edward Markey are joining a growing chorus of Democrats calling for Sen. Al Franken to resign.

The Boston Sun

Neither had any comment on Ted Kennedy. . . .

--J.D.

P.S. Reports that Franken will be "making a public statement" tomorrow. :hyper:

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 am

Yeah, looks like Democrats want him out now.

Democrats turn on Al Franken (The Hill)

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) is expected to resign from office Thursday, one day after his Democratic colleagues turned decisively against him over allegations of groping and other sexual misconduct.

In a dizzying turn of events, more than 30 Democratic senators called for Franken to step down after a new woman came forward to allege that he had forcibly tried to kiss her.

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) opened the floodgates around noon, becoming the first senator to call for him to quit; others followed in rapid succession, effectively ending Franken’s political career in the span of a few hours.

Franken kept a low profile, skipping Senate votes, but his office said he would make a statement on Thursday. A Democratic official told Minnesota Public Radio he will be resigning from office, though his office insisted a decision had not been made.

It’s a stunning fall for Franken, a former “Saturday Night Live” writer and author who, just a few weeks ago, was considered by many to be a dark horse for his party’s presidential nomination in 2020.

The first allegations against Franken emerged in mid-November, when Leeann Tweeden, a radio host, said he had kissed and groped her without her consent during a USO tour in 2006. She published a photo of Franken appearing to grab her breasts while she was asleep.

Several women came forward in the weeks after that to allege that Franken had groped or kissed them against their will, but Senate Democrats refused to call for Franken’s ouster, repeatedly stating that an Ethics Committee investigation should be allowed to run its course.

That changed Wednesday, when seven female Democratic senators called for Franken to step aside.

“While Senator Franken is entitled to have the Ethics Committee conclude its review, I believe it would be better for our country if he sent a clear message that any kind of mistreatment of women in our society isn’t acceptable by stepping aside to let someone else serve,” Gillibrand said in a message posted on Facebook.

Sens. Kamala Harris (Calif.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.), Patty Murray (Wash.), Mazie Hirono (Hawaii), Tammy Baldwin (Wis.) and Maggie Hassan (N.H.) each quickly followed Gillibrand in saying Franken should resign.

By the end of the day more than half of the Democratic caucus — ranging from members of leadership to red-state senators to progressives and 2020 hopefuls — had said it was time for Franken to go.

“[We’ve] just seen that the charges, credible charges, continued to keep coming, and I thought it might have been an isolated incident or two, but it seems to be that there was a pattern of conduct,” Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat, told reporters.

Murray added that the latest allegations showed that “this is a persistent pattern and needs to be addressed.”

The breaking point for Senate Democrats came when Politico published a story where a former congressional aide said Franken tried to forcibly kiss her in 2006. He called the alleged incident “categorically not true.”

Though Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) didn’t publicly call for Franken’s resignation until Wednesday evening, a person familiar with their discussions said he called Franken immediately after the Politico story published, before the resignation calls started, to tell him he needed to step down.

Schumer also urged Franken to resign during a “series of phone calls” throughout Wednesday, the source said, and had a meeting with Franken and his wife at Schumer’s apartment.

Another piece over at Vox:
Democrats are finally holding themselves to a higher standard on harassment

The party had two options: hold its own harassers accountable, or set itself up for moral — and political — failure.

The Democratic Party was on the verge of failing a moral and political test. Then its women stepped in.
. . .

Months from now, this moment will have seemed inevitable. For years, the Democratic Party has positioned itself as the defender of gender equality and women’s rights against Republican attacks — of course it would take the problem in its own midst at least as seriously as any other institution.

But it would have been easy for Democrats not to. Lawmakers tend not to pressure members of their own party to resign; they much prefer the line that most Republicans are currently taking on Roy Moore in Alabama, that the final decision about fitness for office rests with the voters themselves.

In fact, Democrats very nearly did close ranks around their accusers. The Congressional Black Caucus rallied around Conyers. When Conyers did resign, he claimed it was primarily for health reasons. And because Conyers was attracting more opprobrium than Franken, his resignation could have been taken as an opportunity for Democrats to shut up and hope the problem would go away.

But by showing a willingness to call out their own colleagues, the Democrats turning on Franken have just sent an important message to the members of the diffuse cultural movement that styles itself “the resistance.” They’re communicating that their political party does not just see progressives as convenient partners, but as part of a progressive institution that must not only embody but espouse those ideals.

Countless American institutions are being revealed to have sexual harassment problems: the problem being not only the harassers themselves, but the institutional protection of harassers. For Democrats, that problem was unique: Their pro-woman rhetoric gave them a higher standard to hold themselves to, and would have made their failure all the more glaring. But at least some Democrats are passing the test.

We’ve only just entered a world where being a champion of women means you’re not supposed to be a serial grabber of women’s butts

Franken appears to be baffled by the allegations made against him.

He hasn’t admitted to any of the behavior he’s accused of — he says he doesn’t remember groping a woman in a photo line, and that he remembers a 2006 incident “differently” from the way Leeann Tweeden wrote about it in a November article. But at the same time, he’s apologized to Tweeden and other victims for making them feel uncomfortable. It’s something of an “I’m sorry if you were offended” level of apology, but it raises the discomfiting possibility that the incidents that have come out publicly are just run-of-the-mill for Franken.

Last week, he told a local TV station that he doesn’t know if more women will come forward with allegations, because he wasn’t expecting any women to come forward with allegations, period. That could mean that Franken is trying to defend himself against shoes he knows are going to drop in the future — or it could mean he simply never registered occasions when his behavior overstepped boundaries or made women uncomfortable.

The second possibility shouldn’t be reassuring. To the contrary: It would be an indication that a self-declared progressive feminist — a “champion” of women, as he put it in his initial response to Tweeden’s allegations — did not see “caring about the comfort of women interacting with you in casual settings” as part of the job description.

It wouldn’t be uncommon. We know by now that people who profess to care about gender equality can be serial harassers too. We know that Harvey Weinstein raised money for Planned Parenthood. We know that Leon Wieseltier thought of himself as a champion of women writers and editors. We know that Louis C.K. tried to build a comedy legacy on being a male feminist.

We know, now, that none of the things those men did in public changed the fact that they scared the women around them into victimhood and then into silence.
William Shakespeare

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:32 am

He should just give up; fighting it will just prolong the inevitable and only hurt the DNC.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:46 am

Having 30 Democratic Senators means there is no way in Hell he will survive a recommendation to be expelled by the ethics committee.

But FAST! Let us examine the actual ethics in play. The Democrats hoped to reduce the Republican majority to a razor-thin one vote knowing that a few Republican Senators are happy to jump ship by having Alabama go Democrat. Sadly--since Moore is a Cunt--that may not happen. Nevertheless, McConnell and others have called for Moore to step down as a candidate.

The governor of Minnesota, yeah, is a Democrat. So removing Franken is "safe": he will be replaced by a Democrat. If the governor was Republican, I wonder if the calls would be so strident. However, to be fair, the allegations against the fucktard--and he is a fucktard--just keep piling up. As the self-declared Party of Women this is as much of a problem as whenever a Republican is found in the bed with a boy he found on Craig's list just after demanding the death penalty "for fags."

Meanwhile, though, consider the ethics of the Republicans. None of the Establishment--save maybe a certifiable idiot like Cruz--wanted that Cunt. Trump did not want him. Once he got the nomination they had a problem. Alabama is like D.C.--they will vote their party even IF you are with an under-aged girl, smoking crack, and post the video to Facebook!

The governor of Alabama is Republican. So expect the Senate Republicans to hang the threat of expulsion over Moore if he wins. His replacement will be Republican--and maybe even, Heavens to Betsy, sane--so the "numbers work."

--J.D.

Elbow_Jobertski

Postby Elbow_Jobertski » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:02 am

He's going to give up. Had he, after the initial accusation, just admitted to it and said there would be others because he used to be asshole and he's sorry now and knows better and has creeped on so many women in the day he can't recall them all and he's seen the light...

Then maybe there is a case for him. His dissembling exposed him as a sniveling jackass, so he can GTFO.

The Editor

Postby The Editor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:26 am

We are Legion.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:52 am

How about this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... oo/547691/

For me, it’s been sinking in that the working white women who felt condescended to by affluent feminists voted, by significant margins, for an admitted sexual predator over the lady who’d not believe them if they were abused by someone she liked. Their choices don’t seem so ridiculous to me any longer.

Democrats sold our soul. Nothing makes that more clear than how women voted in the 2016 election.

I’m also no longer defending Bill Clinton. I’m ashamed I ever did. But I’m not condemning or admonishing Hillary. I think we all make the choices that seem right at the time. I don’t feel like pummeling her with my privilege of hindsight. But there’s a rot in the Democratic Party. It’s not just bad men and exhausted women; it’s that we chose Bill over the women. And that original sin lost us the election of what we all assumed would be the first female president of the United States. And Trump, who boasted he could “grab ‘em by the pussy,” being in the White House doesn’t make that untrue. It just makes it a painful irony.

I wasn’t going to come forward. Then I was. Then I wasn’t. I’ve been hoping Franken would just step down and I wouldn’t have to say anything. I’ve been hoping he’s a decent enough man not to force his victims to parade in front of the Ethics Committee. I’ve been hoping I’d not ever have the moniker of “Franken accuser.” At some point I decided I was just going to tweet cryptically and hope someone got it. “We all hoped the Weiner story was fabricated by Breitbart. It wasn’t,” I tweeted weeks ago. As of this writing it’s gotten only one retweet.

In my soul searching, I did feel the need—the necessity of this moment in history—as a Democrat and as a woman to tweet to Monica Lewinsky: “Sorry.”

She clicked, “Like.”
William Shakespeare

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”