#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skeeve

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Post by Skeeve » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:39 pm

Update: Since #MeToo, the Number of Men Who Are Uncomfortable Mentoring Women Has Tripled

One of the unintended consequences of the #MeToo movement seems to be the alienation of male mentors.

A new set of findings from women’s empowerment non-profit LeanIn.Org and online survey platform SurveyMonkey reveal that, since the media reports of sexual harassment first emerged last fall, male managers are three times as likely to say they are uncomfortable mentoring women and twice as uncomfortable working alone with a woman. The hesitation to meet with women outside of work is even more pronounced: Senior men were 3.5 times more likely to hesitate having a work dinner with a junior female colleague than a male one–and five times more likely to hesitate to travel for work with a junior woman.

Men are becoming uncomfortable working with or mentoring women?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TnkJ8_BmSI

Go figure...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm

I know, it's like the idea of being held accountable for their behavior scares them. I am not surprised.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:20 am

gnome wrote:I know, it's like the idea of being held accountable for their behavior scares them. I am not surprised.

Perhaps it is the fear of being falsely accused that scares them.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:19 am

Looks like VP Pence had the right idea all along, and he was mocked for it.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 pm

Skeeve wrote:
gnome wrote:I know, it's like the idea of being held accountable for their behavior scares them. I am not surprised.

Perhaps it is the fear of being falsely accused that scares them.

Everyone that is accountable has a risk of being falsely accused. That is not an argument against accountability, though police use it all the time.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:12 pm

BTW, being "obviously" gay is no protection.

Someone I know who was dean of an art school had this problem, and that was years ago before the latest spate.

In the end he was OK, but there was an out of court settlement for an undisclosed amount.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 am

#MeToo movement lawmaker investigated for sexual misconduct allegations

:lol:

SAN FRANCISCO — California Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia — whose high-profile advocacy of the #MeToo movement earned her national media notice — is herself the subject of a state legislative investigation in the wake of a report that she sexually harassed and groped a former legislative staffer.

In December, when Time magazine announced that “Silence Breakers” who spoke out against sexual harassment were its Persons of the Year, Garcia’s face was prominently included in the art accompanying the cover story.

But Daniel Fierro of Cerritos told POLITICO that in 2014, as a 25-year-old staffer to Assemblyman Ian Calderon, he was groped by Garcia, a powerful Democratic lawmaker who chairs the Legislative Women’s Caucus and the Natural Resources Committee.

He said she cornered him alone after the annual Assembly softball game in Sacramento as he attempted to clean up the dugout. Fierro, who said Garcia appeared inebriated, said she began stroking his back, then squeezed his buttocks and attempted to touch his crotch before he extricated himself and quickly left.
Fierro is not the only one claiming improper advances by Garcia. A prominent Sacramento lobbyist says she also accosted him in May 2017, when she cornered him, made a graphic sexual proposal, and tried to grab his crotch at a political fundraiser. He spoke to POLITICO on the condition of anonymity out of fear of reprisals.

Where is Gloria Allred when you really need her?

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:13 am

#MeToo movement lawmaker investigated for sexual misconduct allegations

:lol:

SAN FRANCISCO — California Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia — whose high-profile advocacy of the #MeToo movement earned her national media notice — is herself the subject of a state legislative investigation in the wake of a report that she sexually harassed and groped a former legislative staffer.

In December, when Time magazine announced that “Silence Breakers” who spoke out against sexual harassment were its Persons of the Year, Garcia’s face was prominently included in the art accompanying the cover story.

But Daniel Fierro of Cerritos told POLITICO that in 2014, as a 25-year-old staffer to Assemblyman Ian Calderon, he was groped by Garcia, a powerful Democratic lawmaker who chairs the Legislative Women’s Caucus and the Natural Resources Committee.

He said she cornered him alone after the annual Assembly softball game in Sacramento as he attempted to clean up the dugout. Fierro, who said Garcia appeared inebriated, said she began stroking his back, then squeezed his buttocks and attempted to touch his crotch before he extricated himself and quickly left.
Fierro is not the only one claiming improper advances by Garcia. A prominent Sacramento lobbyist says she also accosted him in May 2017, when she cornered him, made a graphic sexual proposal, and tried to grab his crotch at a political fundraiser. He spoke to POLITICO on the condition of anonymity out of fear of reprisals.

Where is Gloria Allred when you really need her?

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:22 pm

They are also apparently unaware that men could lie about harassment as well. Perhaps they should build a bunker and hide from the big bad world instead of letting their paranoia create a toxic environment towards victims that enables the likes of Larry Nassar.

I mean...

Guy who is just a good normal guy trust me: WOMEN CONSTANTLY LIE ABOUT SEXUAL MISCONDUCT AND DOING SO IS EVIL AND LIARS SHOULD BE PUNISHED AND I'M ONLY GOING TO HANG AROUND PEOPLE WITH PENISES BECAUSE WOMEN LIE SO MUCH!!!

(Larry Nassar convicted of like a million counts of sexually assaulting young women)

Same guy: HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN THIS IS HORRIBLE!! WHY DIDN'T ANYONE STOP HIM!!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:35 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:

They are also apparently unaware that men could lie about harassment as well. Perhaps they should build a bunker and hide from the big bad world instead of letting their paranoia create a toxic environment towards victims that enables the likes of Larry Nassar.

I mean...

Guy who is just a good normal guy trust me: WOMEN CONSTANTLY LIE ABOUT SEXUAL MISCONDUCT AND DOING SO IS EVIL AND LIARS SHOULD BE PUNISHED AND I'M ONLY GOING TO HANG AROUND PEOPLE WITH PENISES BECAUSE WOMEN LIE SO MUCH!!!

Not necessarily, they just don't feel comfortable being alone with a woman. Thus the tendency of adopting the Mike Pence approach.

You see, in the midst of all the mayhem another highly relevant story has risen to the occasion. Vice President Mike Pence strolls into the landscape cool as a cucumber. As you may have noticed, Vice President Pence has been complete Teflon, untouchable, even as allegations are flying through the air at everyone else like stray bullets.

There is no grand secret to Pence’s success. The good Vice President has rules about women. He never allows himself to engage socially with them while alone. Never, with any of them, save his wife. And he won’t attend any events that feature alcohol without her there, either. He is obviously practiced at this, to the point that it is woven into his standard operating procedure.

Thus, he remains Mr. Clean in the political arena, his future and his reputation protected.

Let’s call this #MikePenceRules.
https://www.avoiceformen.com/a-voice-fo ... encerules/
Like him or hate him, he has had this philosophy (apparently) his entire political life.

For some reason his approach seems to be catching on...go figure.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:12 am

RCC: Act II wrote:Police misconduct is wrong and compromises the integrity of the rule of law.

Especially in serious cases. When politics pressure law enforcement to get convictions related to the latest We Must Do Something campaign, it gets like this. Sometimes it is sexual assault. Here it is opiates. In my last place it was meth. It is always sex crimes involving children.

This doesn't mean these things aren't serious problems though. It just points toward the fallibility of humans in general.

Update: Met Police and CPS apologise to male student, 22, after collapse of rape case

The Metropolitan Police and Crown Prosecution Service have apologised to a man who spent two years on bail accused of rape after a mistake meant text messages proving his innocence were not disclosed.

Proceedings against 22-year-old Liam Allan were dropped in December last year after it emerged the officer in charge of the case failed to hand over vital phone records which proved the student’s innocence. An urgent review was ordered into the handling of the case, with the findings published on Tuesday in a joint report by the Met Police and the CPS.

The review found there was “no evidence” that either the officer involved or the CPS prosecutors deliberately withheld the phone data, which contained more than 57,000 lines of messages.

Yea, sure....
It found the trial’s collapse – which came after the police were ordered to hand over the records – was caused by a “combination of error, lack of challenge and lack of knowledge”.

Hope he sues them into the stone age.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:26 am

Coast Guard rape conviction overturned after court’s scathing attack on women-packed jury

The nation’s highest military court has thrown out the 2012 rape conviction of a Coast Guard enlisted man because admirals and prosecutors packed the seven-member jury with five women, [b][i]four of whom held jobs as advocates for victims of sexual assault.

In a 5-0 ruling that could change how the military conducts sex abuse trials, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces unleashed caustic criticism of all involved.
The opinion, delivered by Judge Margaret A. Ryan, said the four admirals who played a role in assembling the officer and enlisted jury pool produced an illegal “gender-based court stacking.” She suggested that the admirals’ role amounted to unlawful command influence, which military law analysts see as the enemy of fair trials for service members.
Ya think?
The court ruling said the trial judge “failed to conduct even a rudimentary investigation” into defense attorneys’ complaints of an unfair jury.

It also said the Coast Guard Court of Criminal Appeals failed in its duty to protect against unlawful command influence as it “rationalized the error away as a benign effort to seek inclusiveness.”

The "opinion of the court" is below.

https://twt-media.washtimes.com/media/m ... _guard.pdf

Post by RCC: Act II » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:32 pm

Skeeve wrote:

I mean...

Not necessarily, they just don't feel comfortable being alone with a woman. Thus the tendency of adopting the Mike Pence approach.

Cowardice. Discomfort comes from fear. Fear that women are irrational and will lie. Implies truth beneath fear. This leads to people not wanting to trust women, which leads to young women not reporting or not being taken seriously.

Next thing you know, serial rapists, and yes, you and your anti-woman bullshit need to own the end result of your actions.

Pence is scum. People in his administration sexually abuse and beat the shit out of women. His response is to quarantine himself, like women are the problem. He's not avoiding being abusive; he's enabling abuse by reinforcing the narrative that women are the cause of all this.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:56 pm

RCC: Act II wrote: ... Cowardice. Discomfort comes from fear. Fear that women ...

Fear that SOME women etc and there's no way to know ahead of time.

Especially for a male politician with enemies, and thus a big big big motive to lie.

Pence is right, "coward" though he may be.

Post by RCC: Act II » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:15 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
RCC: Act II wrote: ... Cowardice. Discomfort comes from fear. Fear that women ...

Fear that SOME women etc and there's no way to know ahead of time.

Especially for a male politician with enemies, and thus a big big big motive to lie.

Pence is right, "coward" though he may be.

You can dredge up that SOME bullshit about any group whose members are thought to do something. It is more or less the definition of bigotry when you impute SOME to ALL and then act to the disadvantage of ALL.

Again, why does he assume men will not do this?

It all comes back to the assumption that women freely lie about assault in such numbers that it is worth adopting the presumption that they will lie. Supporting this nonsense enables serial sexual assault by implicitly threatening victims if they were to come forward.

Nassar had 265 victims at last count. Let me know when Skeeve posts enough anecdotes about shaky accusations to outweigh that.

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:39 pm

It all comes back to the assumption that women freely lie about assault in such numbers that it is worth adopting the presumption that they will lie. Supporting this nonsense enables serial sexual assault by implicitly threatening victims if they were to come forward.

Isn't the whole underlayment of our legal system the assumption that people lie and lie to such an extent that they must by examined in detail?

but not women?

really?

Only Hillary, surely.

:D
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:48 pm

RCC: Act II wrote: Again, why does he assume men will not do this?

Nobody would believe a man who said Pence hit on him.

Other men in other situations YMMV.

Pence is right to protect himself, even if he is a stinker in a general way.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:53 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:Cowardice. Discomfort comes from fear. Fear that women are irrational and will lie. Implies truth beneath fear. This leads to people not wanting to trust women, which leads to young women not reporting or not being taken seriously.

Agreed

Pence is scum. People in his administration sexually abuse and beat the shit out of women. His response is to quarantine himself, like women are the problem. He's not avoiding being abusive; he's enabling abuse by reinforcing the narrative that women are the cause of all this.

No, he's a midwestern Christian. They have these weird beliefs like "can't fool around if you don't yourself in that situation". It's an humble admission that you are flawed. They see extramarital sex as a sin born of evil instead of a biological imperative to shoot white bullets at every target.

Saying he's enabling abuse is extremely silly and going off on a hysterical rant like this is why Trump won. There is a fundamental refusal of people to see the evangelical POV and talk to these despite them being wrong. Some of them can't be talked to. They are zealots not worth the bother. But most of them are normal people who grew up in a faith. Those people are tired of being treated like village idiots by people like you who know what's best for them.

You bigot.

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 pm

RCC, would you criticize practicing muslims the same way as you criticize a christian?
- new minimalist ethos -