#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
RCC: Act II

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Post by RCC: Act II » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:36 pm

ed wrote:RCC, would you criticize practicing muslims the same way as you criticize a christian?

Sure.

Of course, that isn't me saying I would be consistent with whatever goofy whataboutism you make up, because I don't think it is all that simple... but in principle, yes.

Many Islamic subcultures are dreadful when it comes to this sort of thing. Many other cultures are as well.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 pm

There are religious subcultures in this country that try to use women in their communities as ignorant baby factories. Although the leaders tend to keep most of their followers as ignorant as possible. The few that come to mind are Amish, Hasidic (and other Ultra Orthodox Jews), and Polygamy Mormons. All of them use the mainstream version of their religion as a shield to keep practicing their oppression.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Point: Trump questions lack of 'due process' after two aides resign over past allegations

This article seems to be a response to a Trump tweet:
Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2018

CounterPoint: MSNBC Analyst: ‘Trump Has Become The Commander in Chief of American Rape Culture’

So, it seems that a call about (for) 'due process' makes Trump 'Commander in Chief of American Rape Culture?'
.... go figure.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fear that SOME women etc and there's no way to know ahead of time.

That is exactly the same logic women get criticized for when they adopt the "all men are potential rapists" line.

The EXACT same logic. Somehow its bad when they do it, but smart for Pence.
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Fear that SOME women etc and there's no way to know ahead of time.

That is exactly the same logic women get criticized for when they adopt the "all men are potential rapists" line.

The EXACT same logic. Somehow its bad when they do it, but smart for Pence.

It's not "adopting the line" it's what they do to protect themselves.

If they refuse to be alone with a man, I have no problem with it.

It's not as if Pence goes around loudly demanding women stop being such Jezebels, he just avoids them.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Here's a kicker--and I'm not assuming this is the case--does it affect who he chooses for his staff?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:26 pm

gnome wrote:Here's a kicker--and I'm not assuming this is the case--does it affect who he chooses for his staff?

Other things that affect his staff choices: Ice cream flavor, comfortable shoes, starch level on the shirt, hydration.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Grammatron wrote:
gnome wrote:Here's a kicker--and I'm not assuming this is the case--does it affect who he chooses for his staff?

Other things that affect his staff choices: Ice cream flavor, comfortable shoes, starch level on the shirt, hydration.

Well, lets put our thinking caps on, and take a look at these "mike pence rules".....

As was famously explained in a Washington Post profile of Karen Pence,

1 the vice president doesn’t dine alone with women
or
2 attend events where alcohol is served without his wife by his side.

It’s a variation on a limitation that’s extraordinarily common in Christian circles — particularly in high-profile Christian ministries — and it’s not that different from limitations outlined by none other than the Left’s favorite American writer, Ta-Nehisi Coates. Here’s Coates writing powerfully in The Atlantic:
I’ve been with my spouse for almost 15 years. In those years, I’ve never been with anyone but the mother of my son. But that’s not because I am an especially good and true person. In fact, I am wholly in possession of an unimaginably filthy and mongrel mind. But I am also a dude who believes in guard-rails, as a buddy of mine once put it. I don’t believe in getting “in the moment” and then exercising will-power. I believe in avoiding “the moment.” I believe in being absolutely clear with myself about why I am having a second drink, and why I am not; why I am going to a party, and why I am not. I believe that the battle is lost at Happy Hour, not at the hotel. I am not a “good man.” But I am prepared to be an honorable one.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... ofessional

Hrm....no wonder "the left"©️ hates Pence....
Then Skank Of America could start in...

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:16 pm

If I have problems with Pence, it's not about this. There are plenty of real grievances to choose from.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:19 pm

gnome wrote:If I have problems with Pence, it's not about this. There are plenty of real grievances to choose from.

List 3 please.

gnome

Post by gnome » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:19 pm

In no particular order

1. Opposes same sex marriage being legal, and would support a constitutional amendment establishing this.
2. A record of hostility to the principle of separation of church and state.
3. Opposed treatment for HIV victims without also funding programs advocating against same sex relationships.

I'm sure there are more.

These positions don't automatically make him a bad person. They do make him someone that I disagree with strongly and that I do not want to be in political office.
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:09 am

Skeeve wrote:Point: Trump questions lack of 'due process' after two aides resign over past allegations

This article seems to be a response to a Trump tweet:
Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation. Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2018

CounterPoint: MSNBC Analyst: ‘Trump Has Become The Commander in Chief of American Rape Culture’

So, it seems that a call about (for) 'due process' makes Trump 'Commander in Chief of American Rape Culture?'
.... go figure.

On the one hand, yeah. What he's saying is pretty reasonable on its face. But look at this tweet in the broader context. The thing is, if he is talking about Rob Porter's resignation, he got due process. The FBI spent a year doing a background check on him and that is the "due process" that every government employee who needs a security clearance goes through. I think these are more than "mere allegations". I've looked into the stories told by his ex-wives and don't see any particular red flags there. It's hard to imagine two normal women just up and deciding out of the blue to get together (or each independently) and fabricate a lie about the guy to destroy his career because they are vengeful or something. They told the FBI about it months ago too, and one of them blogged about it last April without naming him, they didn't go running to the press immediately.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:15 am

I guess that's why "some are true and some are false"

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:30 am

Grammatron wrote:
gnome wrote:If I have problems with Pence, it's not about this. There are plenty of real grievances to choose from.

List 3 please.

Just to add to Gnome's list, here are some direct quotes:
Paleontologists are excited about this, Mr Speaker, but no one’s pointing out that the textbooks, I guess, will need to be changed. Because the old theory of evolution taught for seventy seven years in the classrooms of America as fact is suddenly replaced by a new theory or, I hasten to add I’m sure, will be told a new fact.

Well the truth is it always was a theory, Mr Speaker. And now that we’ve recognized evolution as a theory, I would simply and humbly ask that can we teach it as such and can we also consider teaching other theories of the origin of species ...

The Bible tells us that God created man in His own image, male and female; He created them. And I believe that, Mr Speaker. I believe that God created the known universe, the earth, and everything in it including man, and I also believe that some day, scientists will come to see that only the theory of intelligent design provides [the only] even remotely rational explanation for the known universe.

https://www.snopes.com/2016/11/13/mike-pence-evolution/

Mind you, this isn't about his personal, private religious beliefs. This is about what he claims is "science" that should be taught to children in the public schools.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:39 am

All these issues are problematic in that they are rooted in ignorance and religious dogma, but I don't see how it's a grievance against him being a VP.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 am

Because having someone rooted in ignorance and religious dogma as the "second in line" to President is, I believe, though it is only a theory, "a bad thing."

Better than Hillary, though, I mean, let us not get ridiculous here!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:57 am

Does that not conclude that no person can ever qualify as we can always shine a light on a corner of someone's ignorance and argue about its magnitude on effecting some asshole's ability to do a government job.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 am

Grammatron wrote:Does that not conclude

Ipse dixit, but incorrect.

that no person can

Your Mom.

ever qualify

Have I mentioned SB 51? [Get on with it.--Ed.]

More seriously:

. . . as we can always shine a light on a corner of someone's ignorance and argue about its magnitude on effecting some asshole's ability to do a government job.

frankly, I think it depends on whether or not the ignorance directly affects what one does. I know of a Sports Dude who "doubts/questions" the Moon landing. Others laugh at him. I find him willfully ignorant given all of the evidences--thanks--to the contrary I will not tangent this thread with. It does not affect his ability to pick apart a starting line-up more than any other Sports Dude.

If someone proposed he sit on a school board that vetted science texts? Or if he suggested that his beliefs constitute a "theory" that should be taught to Our Children, Gram?

Pence has been in a position to make his willfully ignorant beliefs law. That is dangerous.

We ["We?"--Ed.] are use to politicians embracing religion since an Atheist is unelectable . . . inelectable . . . cannot get elected in the US. So Reagan preached when never going to church, Clinton walked around with a Bible as his semen dried on Monica's dress, every Republican sucks Bob Jones' dick, Hillary preached, and Obama attended a racist church for decades to remain politically viable. We "get that." "Thoughts and prayers," and "Big Daddy Bless the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!"

Does anyone actually think Trump is "religious?" Other than:

Claire: How do you know you're God?

Jack: Simple. When I pray to Him, I find I'm talking to myself.

Ben Carson is an utter clown with no excuse for being so. Make him President?

Pence can think--or not think--as much as he wants. I consider him a well-meaning fool. He is there to galvanize the Religious Right that never liked Hillary and just needed to feel good about voting against her.

But he is a fool.

As President he may try to make his foolishness law.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:50 am

Doctor X wrote:
Pence has been in a position to make his willfully ignorant beliefs law. That is dangerous.

I agree that it is, but I do not perceive Pence to be so religious. I guess that me be why I do not see him as dangerous. Someone like Moore is dangerous because of the zealotry he exhibits every chance he gets. I don't see Pence as such.

We ["We?"--Ed.] are use to politicians embracing religion since an Atheist is unelectable . . . inelectable . . . cannot get elected in the US. So Reagan preached when never going to church, Clinton walked around with a Bible as his semen dried on Monica's dress, every Republican sucks Bob Jones' dick, Hillary preached, and Obama attended a racist church for decades to remain politically viable. We "get that." "Thoughts and prayers," and "Big Daddy Bless the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!"

Does anyone actually think Trump is "religious?"

lol no, of course not. I still don't get why the religious wing followed him. They have to know it's all BS, yet they play along. Bizarre political theater to me.

Ben Carson is an utter clown with no excuse for being so. Make him President?

Pence can think--or not think--as much as he wants. I consider him a well-meaning fool. He is there to galvanize the Religious Right that never liked Hillary and just needed to feel good about voting against her.

But he is a fool.

Sure they are clown and fools and ultimately failed.

As President he may try to make his foolishness law.

--J.D.

Well it's a good thing that President doesn't make the law, that's Congress' job.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:42 am

Yes, but Presidents can introduce bills and support the passage and sign such bills.

The tentacle hentai quotes from Anax appear sufficient to disqualify him from a position that would allow him to enact such ignorance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf2q66G3lmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8gt-EEpelY

In the rain.

Spoiler:
Sheldon parodied his own performance in "I'm Just a Bill" in an episode of The Simpsons called "The Day the Violence Died", where he is an "amendment to be". He reprised his roles as the Bill and the Conductor from "Conjunction Junction" in 2 episodes of Family Guy.

--J.D.