#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skeeve

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Postby Skeeve » Thu May 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Alibaba, Baidu, and other Chinese tech companies post men-only job listings, report finds

Silicon Valley isn’t the only tech hub guilty of widespread gender discrimination.
Citation needed...
Major Chinese tech companies like Huawei, Alibaba, and Tencent discriminate against women in their online job listings, a new report from Human Rights Watch found today. Some job postings directly state they are for men only, while others specify that women must have attractive appearances and even be a certain height.
Even smartphone maker Huawei has also mentioned its female employees as an ornamental asset, writing on Weibo back in 2013: “No matter how beautiful the scenery [on Huawei’s campus] is, beautiful girls are needed.”

Huawei said in a comment to The Verge: “Huawei respects gender equality and it is a company policy. We will review the allegations brought to our attention in the report and also work to ensure that in all recruitment publicity material is fully sensitive of gender equality.”

In traditional Chinese culture, people generally associate homemaking and care-taking activities with women, who thus wouldn’t have time to work nightshifts. Still, there are feminist activists in China now advocating for gender equality, and college students of a new generation who are asking for change to these older ways of thinking.
Yep, they will review something, and do nothing, and continue...
Continue to be as sexist, racist, and profitable as they have been and continue to make money...

Meanwhile back in the USA...
At Nike, Revolt Led by Women Leads to Exodus of Male Executives

For too many women, life inside Nike had turned toxic.

There were the staff outings that started at restaurants and ended at strip clubs. A supervisor who bragged about the condoms he carried in his backpack. A boss who tried to forcibly kiss a female subordinate, and another who referenced a staff member’s breasts in an email to her.
Finally, fed up, a group of women inside Nike’s Beaverton, Ore., headquarters started a small revolt.

Covertly, they surveyed their female peers, inquiring whether they had been the victim of sexual harassment and gender discrimination. Their findings set off an upheaval in the executive ranks of the world’s largest sports footwear and apparel company.

On March 5, the packet of completed questionnaires landed on the desk of Mark Parker, Nike’s chief executive. Over the next several weeks, at least six top male executives left or said they were planning to leave the company, including Trevor Edwards, president of the Nike brand, who was widely viewed as a leading candidate to succeed Mr. Parker, and Jayme Martin, Mr. Edwards’s lieutenant, who oversaw much of Nike’s global business.

Well, I suppose there will be more women promoted, look for Nike stock to drop over the next several years...eventually they will probably move more of their operation to someplace cheeper, like (wait for it) China...or the go-to Pacific rim country at that time...
:Popcorn:
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon May 07, 2018 11:52 pm

Oh boy. Eric Schniederman (D).

Eric Schneiderman has raised his profile as a voice against sexual misconduct. Now, after suing Harvey Weinstein, he faces a #MeToo reckoning of his own.

As Eric Schneiderman used the authority of his office to assume a major role in the #MeToo movement, the distress of four women with whom he has had romantic relationships or encounters grew.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue May 08, 2018 12:00 am

Reading the details, it's quite abusive. Hitting, usually after drinking, choking, threats to kill them if they left him. Saying he could have them followed. Classic abuser stuff.
William Shakespeare

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Tue May 08, 2018 12:34 am

I had a #metoo moment at the Denver airport. They frisked me good. And didn't even buy me dinner.

I didn't think about it until after they were done groping me, but I should have pretended to enjoy it, just to make the TSA guy REALLY unconfortable
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Tue May 08, 2018 2:12 am

Eric Schneiderman, New York’s Attorney General, Resigns Amid Abuse Accusations

Eric T. Schneiderman, the New York attorney general who rose to prominence as an antagonist of the Trump administration, abruptly resigned on Monday night, hours after four women accused him of physically assaulting them in an article published by The New Yorker.

“It’s been my great honor and privilege to serve as attorney general for the people of the State of New York,” Mr. Schneiderman said in a statement. “In the last several hours, serious allegations, which I strongly contest, have been made against me.

“While these allegations are unrelated to my professional conduct or the operations of the office, they will effectively prevent me from leading the office’s work at this critical time. I therefore resign my office, effective at the close of business on May 8, 2018.”
Mr. Schneiderman has long been regarded as one of the state’s most progressive politicians, even before his 2013 lawsuit against Trump University and his subsequent suits against the Trump administration made him the darling of the political left. Last fall, Mr. Schneiderman’s office proudly pointed to a segment on the late-night comedy show “Full Frontal with Samantha Bee,” in which the attorney general was described as “a hero who stood up to democracy’s nemesis,” a Superman-like character known as Schneider-man.
And on Monday evening, Mr. Trump’s son, Donald Trump, Jr., dug up an old tweet from Mr. Schneiderman in which he said “No one is above the law” and tweeted at him, “You were saying???”

:lol:

#MeToo strikes again....
I wonder who the interim replacement will be....somehow I find this song appropraite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3J9yL5le_Q

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Tue May 08, 2018 3:02 am

Looks like Trump called it back in 2013:

[
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue May 08, 2018 3:56 am

WildCat wrote:Looks like Trump called it back in 2013:

Not really. "Crook" is not the best word to describe what he has been accused of.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Tue May 08, 2018 7:46 am

If you think everyone is a loser or a crook it's easy to be right; doubly so if those people are politicians.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Tue May 08, 2018 8:18 am

pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Tue May 08, 2018 8:39 am

Aaaaannnnnnnd he's gone!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Tue May 08, 2018 11:33 am

Anaxagoras wrote:

Not really. "Crook" is not the best word to describe what he has been accused of.

The comparison to Spitzer and Weiner defines it.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Tue May 08, 2018 1:51 pm

WildCat wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:

The comparison to Spitzer and Weiner defines it.

Well, Weiner wasn't exactly a bridge too far...

And since summer is just around the corner, as a public service, I would like to present....

Okay funtime is over....
‘Gotcha,’ tweets Kellyanne Conway as Trump supporters revel in Schneiderman resignation
It took three hours for New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to step down Monday night after he was accused by four women of physical abuse in a New Yorker article.

Equally swift was the response from allies of President Trump, a longtime nemesis of the attorney general. While the president himself had not weighed in on the news as of early Tuesday morning, numerous Trump supporters from within and outside the White House reveled in Schneiderman’s resignation. The attorney general became the latest powerful figure to fall from grace amid the #MeToo movement, and among the most high profile of Trump’s political enemies to be hit by misconduct accusations.
“The greatest part about Schneiderman finally facing his day of reckoning is the fact that Trump predicted his downfall in 2013,” the conservative website Gateway Pundit wrote Monday night.

So I guess the moral of this story (unless you're a Wiener) is: If you grab 'em by the pussy, be up front and "locker room" about it!
And don't "white knight" for feminists...not even once!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Thu May 10, 2018 12:51 am

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/994289566373691392

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu May 10, 2018 5:42 am

The comments in reply are epic.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Thu May 10, 2018 10:37 am

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu May 10, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah, she does not come off well at all in that. Like too many, she responded to what she assumed rather than what was clearly written. I can forgive her for that from an emotional standpoint, but I cannot condemn StoleMyLookHat for her mistake.

We do not judge criminals based on their victims. Further, she was not Polanski's only victim; she is just the most well-known.

--J.D.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat May 12, 2018 2:36 am

Seen in one of the dodgier corners of the 'net:

#MeToo is pronounced "pound me too".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Mon May 21, 2018 12:00 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Seen in one of the dodgier corners of the 'net:

:lol:

AA, I may seriously change the title of this thread...anyway, time for another.

Iconiq Said to Fire Manager Over Old Sex Charge as POUND ME TOO #MeToo Rages

Iconiq Capital, the money manager known for catering to Silicon Valley royalty including Sheryl Sandberg and Mark Zuckerberg, has joined the growing roster of companies caught up by the #MeToo era.

The firm fired its head of real estate, John Sauter, in February after a background check by an investor uncovered a charge for sexually assaulting a woman almost three decades ago, according to people familiar with the matter. People close to Sauter say he contends the dismissal broke laws blocking employers from considering old, expunged cases. Iconiq executives worried keeping him would hurt relationships with clients, one of the people said.

Long story shorter, they caved....he went somewhere else, and may sue....

:Popcorn:

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Mon May 21, 2018 12:09 am

And another ROGER DALTREY CRITICIZES #METOO MOVEMENT

The Who frontman Roger Daltrey strongly criticized the idea of the #MeToo movement extending into the rock world, arguing that rock stars aren’t sexual predators because they don’t need to be. His comments came when he was asked about the backlash against sexual misconduct in Hollywood, which resulted in many people using the hashtag #MeToo to indicate they’d been victims.

“Why would any rock star need to push themselves on women?" Daltrey said in a new interview with the Daily Mail. “Usually, it’s the other way around. I’d like to have £1 for every woman that screws my ass. Mick Jagger would be a billionaire out of it."

:doglaugh:

I suspect that is true....

Witness

Postby Witness » Mon May 21, 2018 12:30 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Seen in one of the dodgier corners of the 'net:

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”