Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:44 am

Girls like to be treated well?

Film at Eleven.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

gnome

Postby gnome » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:48 am

I've made my peace with acting with some degree of "chivalry". I just admit it's a little bit sexist. That's gone over well even with some fairly intensely feminist friends. Granted everyone has their own little island of experience, but it's a rare woman I've met that actually objects to having doors opened for them or being paid for on dates--even, as I've noted, the actively feminist. Mostly the ones that care at all are happy if I'm aware that it comes from some ideas that are a little fucked up. Perhaps less wanting to insist that the behavior stop than just not wanting to deal with people arguing there's nothing going on there.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:16 am

gnome wrote:I've made my peace with acting with some degree of "chivalry". I just admit it's a little bit sexist. That's gone over well even with some fairly intensely feminist friends.
I still do it once in a while also...

Meanwhile: The “Pence rule” is trending in South Korea as #MeToo takes hold

Following a series of explosive allegations of sexual harassment in South Korea in recent weeks—with the latest bringing down one of the country’s most prominent politicians—some Korean men are trying to figure out how to navigate gender relations in the world of #MeToo.

Enter US vice president Mike Pence.

The term “Pence rule” has been trending since yesterday (March 7) on South Korean’s biggest internet portal, Naver. The term is a reference to a comment the vice president made in a 2002 interview where he talked about avoiding dining alone with women apart from his wife.

“An increasing number of men showing extra vigilance around women at work have created a ‘Mike Pence Rule’ situation in Korea,” wrote the Korea Herald, which detailed stories of men who have decided to avoid women in the office altogether. One man said he asked his boss not to send him on business trips with female colleagues to avoid any potential misunderstandings.

Really, this should not be a surprise...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:19 am

Texas Instruments CEO Ousted for Code of Conduct Breach

It's not totally clear if this has anything to do with #MeToo, because they haven't said what the "breach" was, but it sounds like probably something like that.

Texas Instruments Inc. said Chief Executive Officer Brian Crutcher resigned after less than two months in the job, citing violations of the chipmaker’s code of conduct. His predecessor, Rich Templeton, will resume the role on a permanent basis.

“The violations are related to personal behavior that is not consistent with our ethics and core values, but not related to company strategy, operations or financial reporting,” the company said Tuesday in a statement, without elaborating. Shares of Dallas-based Texas Instruments fell 2.3 percent in extended trading.

Crutcher is the third chip company leader in less than two months to leave his job over a breach of rules on personal conduct, following the departures of Intel Corp.’s and Rambus Inc.’s CEOs. Intel’s Brian Krzanich was found to have had an extramarital relationship with another employee. Those resignations, as well as the broader backdrop of the #metoo movement focused on eradicating gender-based discrimination, harassment and abuse, may be triggering heightened scrutiny of the personal behavior of tech-industry executives.

“It’s quite surprising -- TI has always been so by the book and their executives have always been so well-trained,” said Tore Svanberg, an analyst at Stifel Nicolaus & Co. “Boards are definitely under pressure to do what’s right ethically.”

The board acted after receiving a report on Crutcher’s behavior, Templeton said in an internal video address to employees. A company spokesman declined to comment on the nature of the violation and whether it was related to a personal relationship.

By acting to remove him, directors were forced to go back on their earlier ringing endorsement.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:39 am

Spoiler:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:13 am

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

shuize

Postby shuize » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:32 am

On the one hand, given the current climate, it seems dumb to add coed bikini photos to his lecture.

On the other hand, how can I possibly judge culpability without seeing the photos for myself?

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:47 am

gnome wrote:I've made my peace with acting with some degree of "chivalry". I just admit it's a little bit sexist. That's gone over well even with some fairly intensely feminist friends. Granted everyone has their own little island of experience, but it's a rare woman I've met that actually objects to having doors opened for them or being paid for on dates--even, as I've noted, the actively feminist. Mostly the ones that care at all are happy if I'm aware that it comes from some ideas that are a little fucked up. Perhaps less wanting to insist that the behavior stop than just not wanting to deal with people arguing there's nothing going on there.

I have instructed my daughters that they should demand chivalrous behaviors in their partners (see the progressive thing I did there?) and that if it is not forthcoming, they should administer a vigorous kick to the pills.

I have, though, been physically threatened due to my request that they curtsy when they enter a room that I'm in.

And, of course, they are all licensed to carry firearms.

I think I may have mixed my metaphors a bit with them.
- new minimalist ethos -

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:22 am

Anaxagoras wrote:Texas Instruments CEO Ousted for Code of Conduct Breach

It's not totally clear if this has anything to do with #MeToo, because they haven't said what the "breach" was, but it sounds like probably something like that.

Texas Instruments Inc. said Chief Executive Officer Brian Crutcher resigned after less than two months in the job, citing violations of the chipmaker’s code of conduct. His predecessor, Rich Templeton, will resume the role on a permanent basis.

“The violations are related to personal behavior that is not consistent with our ethics and core values, but not related to company strategy, operations or financial reporting,” the company said Tuesday in a statement, without elaborating. Shares of Dallas-based Texas Instruments fell 2.3 percent in extended trading.
By acting to remove him, directors were forced to go back on their earlier ringing endorsement.
Well that must have sucked!

At any rate, still no definitive reason why they tossed him off. For all we know he was taking bribes...
Still, the lame-stream feminized media can't help but try to paint this in the same color as #metoo.

From: Texas Instruments CEO Ousted for Code of Conduct Breach
At least 437 high-profile executives and employees had been accused of harassment or other misconduct as the #metoo movement has increased scrutiny of all executive behavior over the last 18 months, according to a tally updated daily by crisis-consulting firm Temin & Co. Of those, 259 were fired or left their jobs, the study found.

“Pandora’s box has been opened and there’s no putting the lid back on,” said Davia Temin, founder and CEO of Temin & Co. “There’s been a lot of bad behavior, for a long time, and in the past it’s often been walled off or dealt with privately. But now scrutiny has been unleashed.”

Begs the question, what was the deal with the other 178?

Were they false accusations, or just not enough information to fire a person?

Given how easy it is to get someone fired these days, it is a fair question.
Consider what happens when some SJW types call a company to complain "so-and-so (one of your employees) is racist!"
quite often a company will dismiss 'so-and-so."

What ever, I think we can expect the "Mike Pence Rule" to take further hold on corporate America....
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”