#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Giz

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Post by Giz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Slavery was "normal" once. So were a lot of other abhorrent things. I don't think that "this is the way it has always been" or "this is the way it is in nature" are reasons to unquestioningly keep something.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:20 pm

not keep, rather embrace. like the gay. Was abhorrent and then we realized it was pretty common and we said "hey, lets embrace it!!!"

Same thing.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:39 pm

This sort of shit is why I (gay) am 100% pro gay rights yet detest gay identity politics.

Remember live and let live, plus full legal equality?

While we might not be quite 100% on the equality thing yet, I still don't want to be considered just another hostile foreigner to be appeased.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Don't worry, ed is coming to embrace you!
#AbdulToo

But seriously, in nature it is common for a step father to murder a new partner's existing offspring (see lions, etc). We throw people in jail for that.
Thousands of years of moral and philosophical growth, culminating in Internet debates, should not be trumped by the naturalistic phallacy.

Witness

Post by Witness » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Giz wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm
the naturalistic phallacy.
Love that spelling.

Reminded me of a teacher I met who was ranting about parents giving some "unnatural" medication to their kids (ADHD related I think, murky area). Asked her if she was against anything not "natural", said yes.
So I made her notice that we were both wearing spectacles. :mrgreen:

Giz

Post by Giz » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Ha! It is the #metoo thread!

Though I’m not that clever.

Witness

Post by Witness » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:22 am

The market never sleeps:
What Brands Need to Know to Successfully Market Feminism in the #MeToo Era

Aerie, Bulletin and Gatorade provide blueprints on how to do it right

Aly Raisman models Aerie's "Survivor" swimsuit
With picture of lightly clothed hot lady/celebrity. Patriarchy!!! :x

If you want to read their drivel: https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/ ... metoo-era/

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Marvel Wants James Gunn Back and Is Trying to Persuade Disney to Rehire Him on ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ — Report
Disney severed all ties with Gunn on July 20 after jokes the filmmaker made on Twitter years ago about topics such as rape and pedophilia resurfaced. The jokes were re-published online by right wing journalists Jack Posobiec and Mike Cernovich. Gunn is an outspoken liberal who has used Twitter on many occasions to criticize Donald Trump.

According to Deadline, the discussions between Marvel and Disney started taking place after the entire “Guardians” cast published an open letter pushing Disney to reinstate Gunn as director. The letter was signed by Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Sean Gunn, Pom Klementieff, Michael Rooker, and Karen Gillan. Previous reports about the unlikelihood of Gunn being rehired by Disney remain the most true at this point, Deadline says, although Marvel appears to be making one last effort to bring Gunn back.

“Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” already has a 2020 release date set, and Disney and Marvel are both said to want to try and hit that date despite the director drama. Production on the film is scheduled to begin early next year. Head over to Deadline to read more from sources on the behind-the-scenes talks. IndieWire has reached out to Disney for further comment.
Seems to be another case of the left eating their own...IMHO, YMMV.

:Popcorn:

Strange how the left will do this to "one of their own" yet support Sarah Jeong (also one of their own)
after her racist, misandrist, and police hating tweets.
Spoiler:

Oh, yea, that's right, Sarah is female... duh!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

gnome

Post by gnome » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:16 am

I'm sure every conflict resolution on the left is by consulting demographics and privilege level and making the appropriate choice. It's why their heads explode so much, they are incapable of making situational decisions based on any level criteria.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:45 pm

Lindsay Lohan Says Women Who Speak Out About #MeToo Experiences 'Look Weak'
Lindsay Lohan has some harsh words for women who have been outspoken about sexual harassment or sexual assault in the workplace.
“You make it a real thing by making it a police report,” she said. “I’m going to really hate myself for saying this, but I think by women speaking against these things, it makes them look weak when they are very strong women.”
What?
Make a police report, instead of going "trial by facebook????"

Lindsay, are you still on drugs?
Lohan continued, “You have these girls who come out, who don’t even know who they are, who do it for the attention. That is taking away from the fact that it happened.”
You must be on drugs, implying that pound-me-too girls are doing it for attention????
Seriously???

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:54 pm

‘You know what you did’: Keith Ellison’s ex-girlfriend, Karen Monahan, speaks out
Karen Monahan, a former girlfriend of Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison (D) who has accused the congressman of domestic abuse, told ThinkProgress Monday that she did not plan on going public about the texts and the video that allegedly shows Ellison abusing her.
Well, you have a video, should be straight forward, file a police report.
The claims of abuse were first made public by Monahan’s son, Austin Aslim Monahan, in a Facebook post Saturday evening, in which he claimed that he saw a video on his mother’s computer in 2017 that showed Ellison abusing his mother while yelling obscenities.
Oh, so her son CLAIMED to see a video oh his mothers computer?.....ehhhh
Monahan released a statement Sunday evening doubling down on the allegations and told ThinkProgress that the she’s not surprised that people have been focusing on the video. She added, speaking about Ellison, “You know this is true. You know what you did.”
Okay, is there at least a (dare I ask) "police report?"
“As an Iranian, as a woman of color who is an immigrant,” Monahan said, “do you honestly think I’m gonna get validation from a society who’s been telling me since I was young that I don’t have a voice?”
An Iranian woman of color...so where does that put you in the oppression pyramid...I'll have to check
According to Minnesota Public Radio, Monahan shared more than 100 text and Twitter messages between herself and Ellison with the outlet, but MPR said the messages do not contain evidence of the alleged physical abuse.
Okay, so what do we really have?
And alleged event, with no police report filed, and
Her son alleging something about a video she apparently can't produce, and
Even MPR says she ain't got shit....
Full disclosure: The writer of this post is a former employee of the National Iranian American Council, where Karen Monahan has served as a volunteer.
Oh, and Fuck!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:42 pm

MeToo activist Asia Argento settled sex assault complaint for $380,000 (Report)
NEW YORK -- Italian actress Asia Argento recently settled a complaint filed against her by a young actor and musician Jimmy Bennett who said she sexually assaulted him when he was 17, the New York Times reported. The 42-year old Argento settled the notice of intent to sue filed by Jimmy Bennett, who is now 22, for $380,000 shortly after she said last October that movie mogul Harvey Weinstein raped her, the Times reported.

Argento – one of the most prominent activists of the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment – co-starred with Bennett in a 2004 film called "The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things" in which Argento played Bennett's prostitute mother.

Bennett says in the notice that he had sex with Argento in a California hotel in 2013. The age of consent in California is 18.

The notice says the encounter traumatized Bennett and hurt his career, the Times reported.

The newspaper said it received court documents that included a selfie of Argento and Bennett in bed. Three people familiar with the case said the documents were authentic, the Times reported.

CBS News reached out to Argento for comment but have not heard back. Bennett declined to comment.

Argento became one of the most well-known activists of the #MeToo movement after she told the New Yorker magazine that Weinstein raped her at the Cannes Film Festival in 1997 when she was 21.
So, for (apparently) committing an actual crime, this THOT, gets to pay a fine, and (maybe) keep her career....

Yep, Feminism, its all about equality, right?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:06 am

"THOT"? :? Is that what the kewl "red-pilled" kids say these days?

Anyway, it is a bit ironic, isn't it. What do they say about glass houses?
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:30 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:06 am
Anyway, it is a bit ironic, isn't it. What do they say about glass houses?
I do not know, but in grass houses you should not stow thrones.

--J.D.

P.S. As for this:

and that is the problem.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Asia Argento, the #metoo "victim" who raped a 17 year old boy...

Stage one, DENIAL
Asia Argento Denies Sexual Assault Allegations, Calls Them Part of “Long-Standing Persecution”
Wow, sounds a lot like "some vast right-wing conspiracy."

Stage 2, Blame the victim...
Asia Argento slams child star she paid off, claims he 'jumped' her

Stage 3, Blame a dead guy...
Asia Argento denies sexual assault tale, blames payoff on Anthony Bourdain

Stage 4, Acceptance, depression, and a plea to be "gentle,"
to one of Harvey Weinstein's accusers, from the first Harvey Weinstein accuser...

Rose McGowan criticized after urging people to be 'gentle' on Asia Argento amid sexual assault claims
Rose McGowan is facing backlash on social media after urging people on Monday to be “gentle” and not jump to conclusions after a bombshell report revealed that Asia Argento agreed to pay $380,000 to an actor who accused her of sexually assaulting him when he was 17 years old.

“I got to know Asia Argento ten months ago. Our commonality is the shared pain of being assaulted by Harvey Weinstein. My heart is broken. I will continue my work on behalf of victims everywhere,” said McGowan, who played a pivotal role in the downfall of disgraced Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein.

“None of us know the truth of the situation and I’m sure more will be revealed. Be gentle,” she added, sparking condemnations and accusations of hypocrisy.
Ya think?
:doglaugh:

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:27 am

Could Asia Argento Face Prosecution for Alleged Sex with 17-Year-Old?
News that Asia Argento paid a financial settlement to a former child actor who accused her of sexual assault raises a key question: Could the actress and #MeToo activist could face prosecution?

The Italian star, 42, allegedly had sex with Bennett, 22, in 2013, when she was 37 and he was 17. In California, the age of consent is 18. That’s led to speculation that Argento could be charged with statutory rape for sex acts allegedly performed in a Marina del Rey, California hotel room five years ago.
Well it's NOT very likely...because...
L.A.-based criminal defense attorney Alaleh Kamran — who is not involved in the matter— tells PEOPLE that the statute of limitations in California means it’s too late for prosecutors to try to bring the most typical charges for a case like this.

“Statutory rape [sex with a minor] and/or sexual assault can be charged either as felonies or as misdemeanors,” Kamran says. “The statute of limitations in these types of cases is usually one year for misdemeanors, and three years for felonies.”

The alleged incident occurred five years ago, past either statute of limitations.
Oh well, I guess she will just have to deal with a "tarnished reputation" and not any jail time...sucks to be her!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:28 am

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:41 pm

So, how is our favorite #metoo hypocrite THOT doing?

Asia Argento was a voice of #MeToo. Now she is accused of sexual assault. What does it mean for the movement?
The two encounters happened 16 years apart, but they have striking similarities. In both cases, a young actor was summoned to a hotel room by a prominent Hollywood figure more than twice their age. There, the victims allege, they were coaxed onto a bed and sexually assaulted.

In one story, the alleged attacker is Harvey Weinstein. In the other, it’s one of his most vocal accusers.
:o :shock:
The two encounters happened 16 years apart, but they have striking similarities. In both cases, a young actor was summoned to a hotel room by a prominent Hollywood figure more than twice their age. There, the victims allege, they were coaxed onto a bed and sexually assaulted.

In one story, the alleged attacker is Harvey Weinstein. In the other, it’s one of his most vocal accusers.

Asia Argento emerged as a powerful figure in the #MeToo movement last fall after telling the New Yorker that during the Cannes Film Festival in 1997, Weinstein invited her to his hotel, came out in a bathrobe and sexually assaulted her. At this year’s festival, she delivered a bold speech about the experience.
But now, the 42-year-old actress and director faces a reckoning of her own.

She is the subject of a criminal inquiry and has been attacked by critics calling her a hypocrite after the New York Times reported Sunday that she recently paid off a former child actor who said she sexually assaulted him in a Marina del Rey hotel room in 2013, when he was 17. In California, the age of consent is 18.

Two lawyers who represent Argento have not returned phone calls or emails seeking comment.
Well Asa, we're waiting....
“With power comes responsibility, and leading the charge of this movement risks more attention and scrutiny to your behavior,” Medwed said. “It sends a signal that if you get out in front of the movement, everything you’ve done can be unearthed.”
Fuckin' A!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:15 pm

The two 'pound-me-too' THOT's that started it all, at each others throats....

Asia Argento Threatens to Sue Rose McGowan Over 'Horrendous Lies' About Sexual Assault Allegations

She Said:
Asia Argento says she wants Rose McGowan to apologize for allegedly making up “horrendous lies” about her — or face legal action.

On Monday, the Italian actress — who has been accused of sexually assaulting an underage boy — tweeted at McGowan, threatening to take “legal action” against her.

“It is with genuine regret that I am giving you 24 hours to retract and apologize for the horrendous lies made against me in your statement [on] August 27th,” Argento, 42, wrote to McGowan. “If you fail to address this libel I will have no option other than to take immediate legal action.”
Sue for what?
Rosie claimed Asia had sex with an under-age boy....

but since it seems that she did...

He Said:
“I did not initially speak out about my story because I chose to handle it in private with the person who wronged me,” the statement said. “My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself. I have not made a public statement in the past days and hours because I was ashamed and afraid to be part of the public narrative. I was underage when the event took place, and I tried to seek justice in a way that made sense to me at the time because I was not ready to deal with the ramifications of my story becoming public.”
Meanwhile She Said:
Argento has repeatedly maintained her innocence. She said in a previous statement, “I am deeply shocked and hurt by having read news that is absolutely false. I have never had any sexual relationship with Bennett.”
:Popcorn:

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Judge appears likely to toss Stormy Daniels' defamation suit against Trump

A federal judge appeared poised Monday to toss out a defamation lawsuit against President Donald Trump by porn actress Stormy Daniels. Judge S. James Otero said in U.S. District Court that a tweet the president wrote in April appears to be "rhetorical hyperbole" and speech protected under the First Amendment.

Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, sued Trump in April after he said a composite sketch of a man she said threatened her in 2011 to keep quiet about an alleged affair with the real estate mogul was a "con job."

Trump tweeted that the man was "nonexistent" and that Daniels was playing the "fake news media for fools." He retweeted a side-by-side photo comparing the sketch with a photo of Daniels' husband.

Otero said he would rule later, but that Trump's statement seemed like an opinion and speech protected under the First Amendment.

"To allow the complaint to go forward and to have one consider this to be defamatory in the context it was made would have a chilling effect," Otero said.

Attorney Ken White who blogs about the case and talks about it on the podcast "All the President's Lawyers" said he thinks Otero wrote a tentative ruling that he would finalize and issue soon.

CBS News
--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!