#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Grammatron

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Post by Grammatron » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:18 pm
"Toxic femininity" is bullshit too.

It's women being evil, not a variety of femininity.

Note: Mutatis mutandis for "toxic masculinity". They just hate masculinity as such.
I would argue that "They" hate masculinity in men.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:14 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:07 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:18 pm
"Toxic femininity" is bullshit too.

It's women being evil, not a variety of femininity.

Note: Mutatis mutandis for "toxic masculinity". They just hate masculinity as such.
I would argue that "They" hate masculinity in men.
I get it. Not masculinity in women. OK.

I think the English language is lacking word that we need.

x :: masculinity <==> effeminacy :: femininity
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Where is Bill Clinton's #MeToo reckoning?

Good question...
A certain gracefully aging man is earning millions from various media ventures. His most recent book, a thriller co-written with the publishing titan James Patterson, spent weeks atop the New York Times bestseller list over the summer. More than a million copies were sold in North America within two months. Showtime is set to turn the novel into a TV series. Soon, this famous man and his equally famous wife will embark on a 13-city tour across the country.

The eminence grise in question is, of course, former President Bill Clinton. And you might say he is on a roll, except for one nagging concern: He faces several credible allegations of sexual assault.

The stories may be decades old, but they are newly relevant in the #MeToo reckoning.
Perhaps one reason the renewed scrutiny of 42 hasn’t gained more traction is that a large segment of the American public seems to be under the misconception that all the allegations against Clinton were long ago determined to be false.

Both he and Hillary Clinton have suggested as much.

But the investigation led by Kenneth W. Starr focused on just one set of allegations: the sexual harassment lawsuit brought by former Arkansas state employee Paula Jones.
But for the most part, Broaddrick’s and Willey’s allegations remained outside of Starr’s purview. Broaddrick appeared in the Starr report only as a footnote in an appendix, where she was referred to as “Jane Doe No. 5.”
And he would have gotten away with it to, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids and that stain on her dress...
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:05 am

Rose McGowan Says #MeToo is 'Bullshit'
In a new interview with the Sunday Times, Rose McGowan gave her thoughts on the current state of Hollywood in the wake of #MeToo.
McGowan also said that she isn't invited to #MeToo events, nor does she want to go. “t’s all bullshit. It’s a lie. It’s a Band-Aid lie to make them feel better,” she explained.

:doglaugh:

,,,The Charmed star was one of the first to come forward and accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual misconduct, but now one of the boldest voices against sexual assault in Hollywood has lost faith in the movement.

So the crazy train has now come full circle....only took about a year.
Then Skank Of America could start in...