#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Post by Doctor X » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:23 pm

It is a bit date-rapey. . . .

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Neil deGrasse Tyson has been accused of alleged misbehavior.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:57 pm

You mean he was allegedly accused of alleged misbehavior? :notsure:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Apparently.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:57 pm
You mean he was allegedly accused of alleged misbehavior? :notsure:
I’d like to give deGrasse Tyson the benefit of the doubt. Due process and all. But if there’s one thing the metoo movement has taught me, it’s “Believe All Women.” So if Pyrrho says it happened, that’s good enough for me.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Code: Select all

https://www.facebook.com/notes/neil-degrasse-tyson/on-being-accused/10156870826326613/
Last edited by Pyrrho on Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 pm
Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/neil-deg ... 826326613/
No problem at all this way. 8)

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:42 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 pm
Pyrrho wrote:
Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

Maybe I should convert the forum to simple alphanumeric.

shuize

Post by shuize » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:52 pm

Tyson lost me with his “most justified” remark in the very first sentence. I read it as: “Let me keep my liberal street cred by agreeing the mob is ‘justified’ in their presumption of guilt in most metoo cases, just not mine.”

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:57 pm

Neil deGrasse Tyson wrote:For a variety of reasons, most justified, some unjustified, men accused of sexual impropriety in today’s “me-too” climate are presumed to be guilty by the court of public opinion. Emotions bypass due-process, people choose sides, and the social media wars begin.

In any claim, evidence matters. Evidence always matters. But what happens when it’s just one person’s word against another’s, and the stories don’t agree? That’s when people tend to pass judgment on who is more credible than whom. And that’s when an impartial investigation can best serve the truth – and would have my full cooperation to do so.

I’ve recently been publically accused of sexual misconduct. These accusations have received a fair amount of press in the past forty-eight hours, unaccompanied by my reactions. In many cases, it’s not the media’s fault. I declined comment on the grounds that serious accusations should not be adjudicated in the press. But clearly I cannot continue to stay silent. So below I offer my account of each accusation.
"Don't talk to cops." Should retain a lawyer.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Pyrrho wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:42 pm
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:38 pm
Pyrrho wrote:

Maybe I should convert the forum to simple alphanumeric.
I don't disable my ad blocker even for a nice guy like you. :P

Scripts are a different matter. SC is white listed.

But Facebook? Never!

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:13 pm

Time to exhume Bush I and re-bury him at the crossroads.

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/1/17274466/ ... too-legacy

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm

About Tyson:

Things really hopping over by Mudville.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142214399

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:28 pm

THEN: A Facebook selfie saved this man from spending 99 years in prison
shuize wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:37 pm
Skeeve wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:46 pm
Well, if the law does nothing, perhaps they will sue her into the stone age....
I'm not sure why she wouldn't be charged with false reporting of a crime. Maybe she's mentally ill? Maybe the prosecutors are white knighting?

But not charging her sends the wrong message. People alleging sexual assault need to be heard, but those making demonstrably false claims on such serious charges need to do time.
NOW: The woman who falsely accused a Williamson County man of assault will be arrested
TEMPLE, Texas — Earlier in November, we told you the story of Cristopher Precopia, a Williamson County man who was falsely accused of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and found himself facing 99 years in prison.

Originally, we reported that Precopia's accuser was not facing any charges.

Now, that has changed.

Jim Nichols, with the Bell County Attorney's Office, has instructed the Temple Police Department to seek a warrant for the arrest of Faith Cox, the woman who falsely accused Precopia.

Cox will be arrested and charged with filing a false police report, which is a Class B misdemeanor and carries a maximum fine of $2,000 and a maximum of 180 days in jail.

Nichols said Cox will turn herself in to authorities, likely next week. She has an attorney.

The Precopia family has been notified of the warrant for Cox's arrest and will likely meet with Nichols in two weeks to discuss the charge against Cox.
Well, I guess that is something. Still note the difference;

Cristopher Precopia was facing up to 99 years in prison,
Faith Cox will be getting (at most) 180 days in jail.

I suppose Ms. Cox will also be forever known as a liar, false accuser, and general all around piece of SHIT....at least for now.

I still hope he sues her into the stone age.

Oh, and FUCK!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

shuize

Post by shuize » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:23 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm
About Tyson:

This is interesting for several reasons. Not least of which is the percentage of posters who fail to advocate any form of “innocent until proven guilty” even for one of their own.

But, as I mentioned above, Tyson himself seems to fall into that category with his, “presumption of guilt is ‘justified’ in ‘most’ cases, just not mine” statement, so fuck him.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:13 am

shuize wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:23 am
This is interesting for several reasons. Not least of which is the percentage of posters who fail to advocate any form of “innocent until proven guilty” even for one of their own.
Here is another flavor bomb for all you sports fans....

White Woman Who Falsely Accused 2 Black Football Players of Rape Rolls Her Eyes Throughout Sentencing Hearing
Nineteen-year-old Nikki Yovino, claimed she was raped by two Sacred Heart University football players and admitted months later to police that she lied to impress a prospective boyfriend. During he sentencing she stood handcuffed, rolling her eyes as one of her victims poured out his heart in court.

In February 2017, Yovino told police that she had been raped by two black Sacred Heart University football players at an off-campus party in Oct. 2016. She claimed the two men pulled her into a bathroom in the basement of the house and told officers that the two held her down and each took a turn sexually assaulting her, reported The Hour. Both men admitted having sex with Yovino in the bathroom, but said it was consensual, The Hour Reported.

Months later Yovino admitted that she lied.
Spoiler:
Updated to add;
Because of her lie, the two young men who were accused lost their scholarships and had to leave school. They lost their opportunities for education, athletic, and future life success all because Yovino was desperate for attention.
Yovino was sentenced to one year behind bars after pleading guilty to two counts of falsely reporting an incident in the second degree and one count of interfering with officers.
Again, their lives are fucked because she wanted some drama,
and all she gets is 1 year behind bars....
Last edited by Skeeve on Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:13 pm

shuize wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:23 am
Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:18 pm
About Tyson:

But, as I mentioned above, Tyson himself seems to fall into that category with his, “presumption of guilt is ‘justified’ in ‘most’ cases, just not mine” statement, so fuck him.
Advice: inviting someone to your apartment/hotel room/whatever for "wine and cheese" is high risk. It is not "innocent" no matter what lies your idiot brain is telling you. Tyson's response is a study in naivete. At some level a person knows what the risks are and that there is potential for sexual behavior, especially when alcohol is involved.

Want to chat with another person at a hotel? Chat at the restaurant. Chat at the tables in the lobby. Do not chat in anyone's hotel room.

Avoid risk. Keep your hands to yourself. Don't drink in situations that can be compromised by your own stupidity.

It's really quite simple.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:20 pm

And above all keep your mouth shut in the elevator. :BigGrin3:

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm

#MeToo accuser interrupts tributes to revive groping allegations against George H.W. Bush

Well of course she does....
Amid the many fulsome tributes to former President George H. W. Bush, who died Friday at 94, some coverage was less laudatory.

The claims he had groped eight women that came to light toward the end of his life were highlighted in a piece on Vox, in which journalist and #MeToo accuser Laura McGann argued they were a part of evaluating the 41st president's legacy.
Remember THOT lives matter!

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:32 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:08 pm
#MeToo accuser interrupts tributes to revive groping allegations against George H.W. Bush

Well of course she does....
Amid the many fulsome tributes to former President George H. W. Bush, who died Friday at 94, some coverage was less laudatory.

The claims he had groped eight women that came to light toward the end of his life were highlighted in a piece on Vox, in which journalist and #MeToo accuser Laura McGann argued they were a part of evaluating the 41st president's legacy.
Remember THOT lives matter!
What To Do About Attention-Seeking Kids
Before deciding a child is a discipline problem, it’s very important to rule out medical issues. I’ll never forget a particularly squirmy and whiny toddler who had developed a gross habit of picking at his bum and smearing his poop on the floor. His mom was at her wit’s end. Sensing something was physically amiss, I referred her back to her pediatrician. The result? A diagnosis of a serious case of pinworms. No wonder the kid was out of control!

Barring medical issues, though, and before considering psychiatric ones (such as ADHD), let’s consider why any child would be so emotionally needy that she constantly makes bids for extra attention, even at the expense of adult disapproval and negative consequences.

One of my teachers, Rudolf Dreikurs, used to say that children need attention like a plant needs sun and water. Mother Nature does her best to make sure both plants and our little ones get what they need. Little children are designed to get adult attention. Watch what happens when adults meet the new baby in the family. His little face and cute little fingers and toes make adults fuss over him and even compete to hold him. His cries bring his mother running. His little coos and smiles keep her engaged.

By trial and error, growing children figure out what makes adults continue to give them attention and what drives them away.
https://psychcentral.com/lib/what-to-do ... king-kids/
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!