#MeToo (generic)....

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Re: #MeToo (generic)....

Post by WildCat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:13 am
Again, their lives are fucked because she wanted some drama,
and all she gets is 1 year behind bars....
And that's without considering the horrible diseases this bimbo probably passed on to them.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:20 pm
And above all keep your mouth shut in the elevator. :BigGrin3:
When I was a freshman in college 2 friends and I were very drunk, and on the elevator to go back to our dorm floor. A girl got on with us. After the doors closed one of my friends says to her "you know there's been a lot of rapes on the elevators lately"... instantly the mace comes out and we all got sprayed.

The next day at lunch we're all nursing our hangovers, and had no recollection of the incident. My friend who made the comment kept looking at this girl at the same table we were at, and saying "she looks familiar for some reason". And then the memories came back "she maced us on the elevator last night!"

We all had a good laugh about it. These days she probably would have reported us and we'd have been tossed out of school.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:32 pm

Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost
No more dinners with female colleagues. Don’t sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is “an unknown risk.” What if she took something he said the wrong way?

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.

Call it the Pence Effect, after U.S. Vice President Mike Pence, who has said he avoids dining alone with any woman other than his wife. In finance, the overarching impact can be, in essence, gender segregation.

Interviews with more than 30 senior executives suggest many are spooked by #MeToo and struggling to cope. “It’s creating a sense of walking on eggshells,” said David Bahnsen, a former managing director at Morgan Stanley who’s now an independent adviser overseeing more than $1.5 billion.
“If men avoid working or traveling with women alone, or stop mentoring women for fear of being accused of sexual harassment,” he said, “those men are going to back out of a sexual harassment complaint and right into a sex discrimination complaint.”
Really?
If they don't hire you in the first place, how are you going to do that?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 am

The inevitable unintended consequences of #MeToo
A recent Bloomberg News headline came as no surprise: “Wall Street Rule for the #MeToo Era: Avoid Women at All Cost.”

In a word, it was inevitable. Some men are so concerned about the possible repercussions of what they might say or do that they’re steering clear of women in the workplace altogether. And as a result, according to the report, Wall Street “risks becoming more of a boy’s club, rather than less of one.”
:lol:
The article focused on the various ways some senior executives in finance have been “spooked” by #MeToo and are “struggling to cope” — resorting to staying on different hotel floors from women when on business trips, not dining alone with any woman 35 or younger, leaving an office door open when meeting one-on-one with a junior female. Generally speaking, these might not be such bad rules but for the fact that, as Bloomberg News pointed out, young women often need mentors to advance and female executives are far scarcer than men on Wall Street. And as one wealth adviser said, simply hiring a woman has become “an unknown risk.”

The story called these collateral adjustments the “Pence Effect,” referring to Vice President Pence’s personal rule of not dining alone with a woman who isn’t his wife. As a cultural aside, many men, especially the religiously devout, as Pence is, try to avoid potentially compromising situations involving the opposite sex. Perception more than temptation is often the driving force.

Further, to be fair, these newly devised workplace protocols are not primarily a function of paranoia but of reality. Everyone has seen or experienced how fraught workplace relationships can be — and even casual interactions can seem unnecessarily risky.
Exactly!
Corporate lawyers have come down against social events in corporate-land, maybe because:
1, The potential for blow back (due to personal interactions) is now greater.
2. Doing away with corporate-sponsored social events saves money (not much, but...)!
3. Its a win-win...
And this new reality isn’t limited to the world of finance. Many men across all industries now fear being alone with a female colleague.

This probably goes without saying, but it’s also true that fewer women of the baby boom generation were likely to think of themselves as victims in instances of workplace harassment, barring sexual assault as opposed to sophomoric buffoonery, or a misinterpretation of context or intent. Perceptions have changed significantly the past several decades, for the good, but we still have much work to do in defining what is and isn’t “abuse.”

In many ways, this is all new terrain for us societally: How do we balance the right of every individual to be believed innocent until proven otherwise, while also giving accusers a platform to be heard? The recent Supreme Court confirmation hearings for Brett M. Kavanaugh highlighted the impossible position of being forced to prove one’s innocence against accusations backed by no verifiable evidence. We should sleep uneasily in the wake of such an abuse of due process, not as a legal matter but as a time-honored principle of fairness.

We’ve yet to see the full spectrum of collateral damage to come, but we’ve gotten a sense of its scope. Already, some men are silencing themselves rather than engaging in a losing battle. Several have told me that, like the wealth adviser Bloomberg News interviewed, they’re more hesitant to hire women or even to be alone with them. My orthopedist tells me he’s no longer comfortable hugging his patients, as he’d always done.

I’ve had a similar discussion with my dentist. (Apparently, my social life revolves around doctors.) We were chatting about the Kavanaugh hearings and he was visibly tense until I voiced my concerns about the erosion of due process. Relieved to sense a sympathetic point of view, he relaxed and chimed in.

Many men are so intimidated by the #MeToo movement and the plausibility that they, too, could be ruined on the basis of a single woman’s misinterpretation of an innocent gesture that they’re essentially shutting down and stepping away. Suffice it to say, this side effect won’t serve women well in the long run. Indeed, it seems obvious that they’ll suffer.

There surely is a balance to be found lest the sexes further alienate and segregate. We should seek it with a sense of urgency.
Oh well.....

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:42 am

Well, the women who will benefit are those that don't have real jobs. Title IX involved chicks for one.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:46 am

Vaguely remembering various things written by and about PZ Myers over the years.

I wonder how some of his conduct would stand up to #MeToo scrutiny?
That's not just a gay thing, MAJeff. I won't meet privately with students either -- I always keep my office door wide open, and when I'm working with students in the lab, I find excuses to move out and let them work on their own if it turns into a one-on-one event. I just can't afford the risk.

I was also subject to accusations of harassment, once upon a time. A female student came into my lab when I was alone, unhappy about an exam grade, and openly threatened me -- by going public with a story about a completely nonexistent sexual encounter right there.

Zoom, I was right out the door at that instant; asked a female grad student in the lab next door to sit with the student for a bit, and went straight to the chair of the department to explain the situation. I had to work fast, because I knew that if it turned into a he-said-she-said story, it wouldn't matter that she was lying, it could get dragged out into an investigation that would easily destroy my career, no matter that I was innocent.

I was in a total panic, knowing full well how damaging that kind of accusation can be. Fortunately, I'd done the right thing by blowing it all wide open at the first hint of a threat, and getting witnesses on the spot.
PZ Myers, following the Mike Pence rule before it was cool! Won't mentor female students one-on-one because too risky!

Linky poo
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Nobody ever said Peezus was a dummy.

The only difference is that the NYC corporate world now is where academia was 10 years ago.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Peezus clearly prevents women from enjoying the same opportunities he gives men!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:02 am

About Les Moonves, formerly of CBS:

https://slate.com/culture/2018/12/les-m ... t-cbs.html

Apperently he had up to 4 female employees who were "on call" to perform fellatio on him on demand.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:07 am

"It's good to be the king."

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 am

Until the peasants are revolting.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 am

They stink on ice!

--J.D.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 am

William Shakespeare

ed

Post by ed » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:26 am

Everyone who has a care in their interactions with women are, ipso facto, declaring that women cannot be trusted.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:42 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:28 pm
THEN: A Facebook selfie saved this man from spending 99 years in prison
shuize wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:37 pm
Skeeve wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:46 pm
Well, if the law does nothing, perhaps they will sue her into the stone age....
I'm not sure why she wouldn't be charged with false reporting of a crime. Maybe she's mentally ill? Maybe the prosecutors are white knighting?

But not charging her sends the wrong message. People alleging sexual assault need to be heard, but those making demonstrably false claims on such serious charges need to do time.
UPDATE NOW: 'I want her to realize the pain she caused me'...
AUSTIN — Last year, a Cedar Park man's ex-girlfriend accused him of carving an "X" into her chest with a box cutter -- an accusation that almost sent him to prison for 99 years.

Now, she's the one facing jail time.

On Tuesday, Bell County authorities charged 19-year-old Faith Cox with making a false report to police, after she accused Cristopher Precopia of assault.
She faces up to 180 days in jail after authorities say she made up her claim.

KVUE News first revealed Precopia's story last month, touching off a wave of public support for him.
One can only hope she gets to bunk with the meanest bull-dyke on the cell block!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 pm

A Year Into #MeToo, Public Worried About False Allegations
About a year after the #MeToo movement gained prominence, a new poll finds most of the public is equally concerned for young men facing possible false allegations as they are for young women facing sexual assault.
Spoiler:
Fifty-seven percent of U.S. adults in the Oct. 4-8 survey said the #MeToo movement, which sought to draw attention to sexual harassment and assault, has made them equally concerned for young men facing false accusations and for women facing sexual harassment and assault. That includes 58 percent of Republicans and 54 percent of Democrats.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:40 pm

The expected differences are only at the extremes. Even Democrat women mostly human beings.

I suspect we'd see something more interesting if they broke it down by social class as well.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:12 am

Former Miss Kentucky charged with sending nude photos of herself to 15-year-old student
(CNN) — A middle school teacher and former Miss Kentucky pageant winner has been arrested and charged with sending nude photographs of herself to a 15-year-old boy, authorities said.

Ramsey Bearse, a 28-year-old teacher at Andrew Jackson Middle School outside Charleston, West Virginia, allegedly sent the photos to a former student, according to the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office.

The boy’s parents found the photos on his phone and told police about them last week. They said their son was a student at Andrew Jackson from 6th to 8th grade and that Bearse was a teacher there during some of that time, according to a criminal complaint.

In an interview with police, Bearse admitted to sending at least four photos of her topless via Snapchat from about August to October, the complaint states.

She is charged with four counts of distributing obscene materials to a minor, a felony.
Well, at least she was charged and it looks to be serious.
Quite often the reaction of law enforcement used to be like that episode of South Park.

The former beauty queen has been suspended from her teaching position and was released on a $10,000 property bond after her arraignment, the sheriff’s office said.

Bearse, who competed in pageants under the name Ramsey Carpenter, was named Miss Kentucky in 2014.

She won the preliminary talent competition at the national Miss America pageant in Atlantic City for her fiddle performance,...

:doglaugh:
I swear I can't make this shit up...

Okay, lets drop the south park version, how about something a bit darker?

What, too dark?
Not the same thing?

Perhaps, but until we start regarding sex abuse equally across the sexes,
THOT's like this will continue to recieve...
for a sentence, for the kind of crime men get to do hard time for.

Dark enough for you yet?

ed

Post by ed » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:33 am

"Dark"? Are you a racist?

I think so.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:55 am

#MeToo Brought Down 201 Powerful Men. Nearly Half of Their Replacements Are Women.
Forty-three percent of their replacements were women. Of those, one-third are in news media, one-quarter in government, and one-fifth in entertainment and the arts. For example, Robin Wright replaced Kevin Spacey as lead actor on “House of Cards,” Emily Nemens replaced Lorin Stein as editor of “The Paris Review,” and Tina Smith replaced Al Franken as a senator from Minnesota.
Spoiler:
Even more interesting, see the chart titled: People Replacing Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct

It seems that over half of the jobs once held by men
who were accused of some #MeToo offense, were not backfilled refilled.