Some Extraordinary Revelations In Congress Yesterday 12/7

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Re: Some Extraordinary Revelations In Congress Yesterday 12/7

Post by ed » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Doctor X wrote:I am sure Comey had a draft recommending charges for indictment that he written before the principle witnesses were interviewed.

--J.D.
Thats really the point, isn't it?

Sorry, RC, or whatever name you are going by today. I don't think that they ever had any intention of indicting Hillary or any of her minions.

If they did, why would they not have followed Fed Practices 101: get an underling (Huma for example) on lies (she didn't know about the server? Really?) and maybe sharing secret documents with the Weiner and nail her with the limt. Isn't that what they do when they are serious? Say 30 years Huma. Then she flips.

They didn't and that stinks since it would have been childs play. Christ, even Cool Hand could have done it and he's dead.
- new minimalist ethos -

RCC: Act II

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:35 pm

ed wrote:
Doctor X wrote:I am sure Comey had a draft recommending charges for indictment that he written before the principle witnesses were interviewed.

--J.D.

Sorry, RC, or whatever name you are going by today. I don't think that they ever had any intention of indicting Hillary or any of her minions.

If they did, why would they not have followed Fed Practices 101: get an underling (Huma for example) on lies (she didn't know about the server? Really?) and maybe sharing secret documents with the Weiner and nail her with the limt. Isn't that what they do when they are serious? Say 30 years Huma. Then she flips.

They didn't and that stinks since it would have been childs play. Christ, even Cool Hand could have done it and he's dead.
So... because they never intended to indict someone whom they at no point found sufficient evidence to indict, and didn't use dishonest thug tactics to force what could very well be false testimony... they are corrupt?

Yikes.

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:37 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
ed wrote:

--J.D.

So... because they never intended to indict someone whom they at no point found sufficient evidence to indict, and didn't use dishonest thug tactics to force what could very well be false testimony... they are corrupt?

Yikes.
I mean, you understand that a working draft is something that considers the evidence as understood to that point and not just guessing at possible facts, right?

ed

Post by ed » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:32 am

RCC: Act II wrote:
ed wrote:

--J.D.

Yikes.
- I am personally convinced that they didn't really look. Could be wrong but they didn't grab the machines, they didn't go after the techies. They did not seem to do the things that they do when they want to succeed.

- Those thug tactics are why the conviction rate for the feds is so high. You are the lawyer. Give us a primer on sentence stacking and how it is used. Seriously, tell us in detail how the feds stack charges and face some poor bastard with the threat of 60 years in the pen unless they rat. I think that shit goes on daily. Am I wrong? Are the feds really beneficent?

Yikes indeed. That is our justice system.
- new minimalist ethos -

Post by RCC: Act II » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:15 am

Stuff happens, just maybe not as much as you think. The point remains that the complaint is that the feds are not using unjust tactics and rushing to judgment. So they investigate, start to realize there isn't much there, and start drafting while the investigation is winding down. Yawn. Sorry they aren't acting like movie villains.

The federal system is more known for being excessively punitive to people who are clearly guilty than for wrongful convictions based on total bullshit. They may get person A to roll with the threat of time, but that is usually because they have tons of evidence on person A, and once person A rolls on person B, they usually have a shitload more than the word of A before they drop the hammer on B.

The FBI differs from local and state law enforcement in large part because the FBI gets to cherry pick. They are rarely in a position where they are under pressure to solve a crime, and when they are they have absurdly deep resources.

Not to say bad things don't happen, or that the feds are somehow nice-nice. They are well funded, have the most competent officers, and are rarely if ever under pressure to cut corners to solve a case. That is why they fuck around far, far, less than the local agencies for whom these three things are huge issues.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:54 pm

A growing number of Republicans are demanding the release of a classified report that they say reveals political bias at the FBI and Department of Justice in the investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russian election meddling

Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) spearheaded the effort this week to allow lawmakers to view a top-secret report compiled by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.).

Scores of Republicans have since viewed the document in a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility on Capitol Hill. They left expressing shock, saying the special counsel investigation into whether Trump’s campaign officials had improper contacts with Russia is based on politically motivated actions at the highest level of law enforcement.

House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) called the memo “shocking.”

“I’m here to tell all of a America tonight that I’m shocked to read exactly what has taken place,” Meadows (R-N.C.) said in a speech on the House floor.
“I thought it could never happen in a country that loves freedom and democracy like this country. It is time that we become transparent with all of this, and I’m calling on our leadership to make this available so all Americans can judge for themselves.”

Meadows and his allies asked GOP leaders in the House to declassify the report as part of a short-term spending bill the House passed late Thursday night. Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said he wanted to follow House rules on the matter and deferred to Nunes and the Intelligence Committee.

Nunes could call for a vote to release the report on his panel. If a majority on the committee agrees to declassify the report, the executive branch would then need to sign-off to make it public, said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), another Freedom Caucus member.

“It is so alarming the American people have to see this,” Jordan said.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... lance-memo

Democrats, of course, will fight this tooth and nail.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

gnome

Post by gnome » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:19 pm

Bearing in mind, I'm in favor of releasing it, but I don't draw any particular conclusion from Republican superlatives or Democratic obstruction. It's expected behavior and would be mirrored in flipped situations. I would not expect Democrats to want information released that they know someone plans to fish into for damaging information, regardless of whether they thought any such was present in the information.

I do agree that's stupidly partisan behavior and I think they should support transparence if they're so sure of themselves, but while you can conclude that they are being partisan hacks, it still doesn't tell you whether there's anything juicy in it.

Let's have a look at it, and let's get analysis by people that aren't starting with a predetermined outcome.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 pm

gnome wrote:... I don't draw any particular conclusion from Republican superlatives or Democratic obstruction ...
No conclusions from Republican superlatives, OK.

But why no conclusions from Democratic obstruction?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

gnome

Post by gnome » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Because I think they would obstruct it on general principle, just like the Republicans would if they knew someone wanted it to come after them.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:38 pm

gnome wrote:Because I think they would obstruct it on general principle, just like the Republicans would if they knew someone wanted it to come after them.
If the Republican were acting that way, I would conclude they had conspired to rig the election.

But the situation with the Democrats isn't merely that narrative flipped.

1) Trump knew what was up even before the election when he said the election was "rigged".

2) The Democrats lost due to overconfidence.

ed

Post by ed » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:09 pm

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple

- new minimalist ethos -

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:09 am

A battle erupted Friday over a push by Republican lawmakers to release a report they say will reveal high-level government abuse around the federal investigation into possible ties between Trump campaign officials and Russia.

Even as Congress hurtled toward a shutdown, Republicans in the House were buzzing over the contents of a classified memo on alleged surveillance abuses that was produced by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.).

Scores of Republicans viewed the controversial memo in secure settings at the Capitol and concluded it contains hard evidence that the special counsel investigation into whether Trump’s campaign officials had improper contacts with Russia were sparked by the politically motivated actions of senior FBI and Department of Justice (DOJ) officials.

GOP lawmakers described the document as the catalyst that would unravel what they view as a vast conspiracy to undermine President Trump.

“It’s alarming. … You all need to see it,” said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio). “More importantly, the American public needs to see it. What the FBI did is just as wrong as it can be.”

Some Republicans speculated that the memo could provoke criminal prosecutions, or at the very least, that it would lead to the firings of those involved.

“They need to be held accountable,” said Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.).
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... nce-report

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:33 am

Someone took an extra donut from the commissary.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:47 am

They left out the part where Trump got pissy about those strawberries.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:06 am

This is all so laughable.

Satire does it best. Hillary's fucking IT guy asked on _reddit_ how to shred the records of their secret email system (which they totally turned over everything for, even though we keep finding more emails that werent in it through subpoenas of other people's inboxes who werent on that system).

Bleachbit, the tool the guy (who was given immediate immunity) used; didn't like the negative attention thrown their way.

So they wrote a "fuuuuuuuuuuck you" guide to deleting the paper trail for mishandling classified information:
https://www.bleachbit.org/news/how-dele ... t-exchange

People forget that the team who was erasing the nixon tapes err doing her IT was flat out on the surface trying to obstruct justice.

Favorite quote from Bleachbit:
"While you wait, clean the server's case, keyboard, and screen "like with cloth or something" to remove any fingerprints."

But the usually parade of "NOTHING TO SEE HERE" will go on, because we always pardon the rich and connected unless they poll at 80 percent disapproval.

RCC will be doing some variation of this as a rebuttal:

gnome

Post by gnome » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 am

Mansplaining?
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 am

corplinx wrote:This is all so laughable.

Satire does it best. Hillary's fucking blah . . .blah . . . blah . . . blood! BLOOD! . . . blah . . . blah . . . Rightful Heir to the Throne! . . . blah . . . blah . . . bowl of porridge . . . . RCC will be doing some variation of this as a rebuttal:

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Because it's funny when the state security and intelligence apparatus are used for political purposes to influence elections for the favored candidate.