#MeTo (TITLE IX edition)

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
gnome

Re: #MeTo (TITLE IX edition)

Post by gnome » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:38 pm

Misleading headline... while I don't see enough details to evaluate the case being referred to, the person quoted in the headline was not advocating for such a standard, but speaking against it.

I would want to read more before agreeing that the description was an accurate interpretation of the ruling in the case.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Women's March founder Teresa Shook calls on its leaders to step down due to 'antisemitism'

She must be a racist cis-hegemonic Trump supporter.

I also question her commitment to Sparkle Motion.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X4!!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:29 am

Moving right along we have: Rape charge dropped against USC student after video surfaces
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - “I was very surprised that these charges would be brought against me because I hadn’t done anything wrong,” says Armaan Premjee, student at University of Southern California.

Premjee was charged with rape in early May after a night out at an off campus bar, but he says security video from the night of April 1st taken from Banditos proves he’s innocent.

“When I saw the videos I was very relieved that there was proof to substantiate my side of the story,” he said.
Funny I thought it was "innocent until proven guilty," WTF is he having to "prove his innocence?"

Okay, here is the attached video...

“Hearing the judge give a ruling it made us believe that there is justice truth does come out,” his mother said. “We were fortune to have the kind of evidence to support his innocence.”

But Premjee’s innocence will have to be proven once again -

He said USC’s Office of Equity and Diversity is conducting its own investigation.

“I could get suspended or expelled from the university even though the judge has declared me innocent,” he said.

The businesses major who is going into his junior year said he’s staying optimistic.

He wants to stay in school and finish his degree.

“I’m hopeful that USC will make the right decision,” he said. “USC is not above the law and so I’m hoping USC will dismiss the case.”

USC’s investigation, which is still in process, is required by the federal government and must be independently conducted to its conclusion even when a parallel criminal process has ended.
So now that he is cleared by the police, he STILL has to deal with the TITLE IX kangaroo court hosted by the "Office of Equity and Diversity" (think misandrist feminists and or SJW's)...

Thank you Barry (no balls) Obama!!!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:53 pm

Why Does the Department of Education Want to Put Sexual Assault Survivors on Trial?
That’s just one reason I’m raising the alarm about the new regulation on Title IX that Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos released last week. If it becomes law, these rules could force millions of student survivors of sexual assault and harassment to endure the same kind of cruel process Blasey Ford did. It's a sham procedure, not to mention one that puts the survivor on trial and gives the benefit of the doubt to the perpetrator, instead of seeking the truth.
Funny, I thought it was to address some of the "due process" concerns that folks (Including RBG) have raised over what has seemed to become a "Kangaroo court" that rolls over the rights of the accused.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:00 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:53 pm
Why Does the Department of Education Want to Put Sexual Assault Survivors on Trial?
That’s just one reason I’m raising the alarm about the new regulation on Title IX that Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos released last week. If it becomes law, these rules could force millions of student survivors of sexual assault and harassment to endure the same kind of cruel process Blasey Ford did. It's a sham procedure, not to mention one that puts the survivor on trial and gives the benefit of the doubt to the perpetrator, instead of seeking the truth.
Funny, I thought it was to address some of the "due process" concerns that folks (Including RBG) have raised over what has seemed to become a "Kangaroo court" that rolls over the rights of the accused.
Didn't see one comment that supported the author.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 am

Brandon Browner was just sentenced to 8 years in state prison after pleading no contest to attempted murder ... TMZ Sports has learned.

The former Seattle Seahawks star -- an original member of the famed Legion of Boom defense -- was accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend's apartment in La Verne, CA on July 8 and allegedly chased her, dragged her and then smothered her in a carpet.
Her two children were present when the alleged abuse occurred.

Browner was also accused of stealing the woman's Rolex watch. He fled the residence but was later arrested and charged with attempted murder and faced life in prison.

On Tuesday, the 34-year-old appeared in court where he pled no contest to 1 count of attempted murder and 2 counts of willful child endangerment. In exchange, the remaining charges (robbery, burglary and false imprisonment) were dropped.

Browner was immediately remanded into custody during the hearing and is back behind bars.

Browner got credit for 300 days for good behavior during the time he's spent behind bars so far. He's been in custody since the arrest back in July.

Browner is a former Pro Bowl cornerback. He won one Super Bowl with the Seahawks and one with the Patriots.

TMZ
--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

shuize

Post by shuize » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:06 am

Doctor X wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 am
Brandon Browner was just sentenced to 8 years in state prison after pleading no contest to attempted murder ... TMZ Sports has learned.

The former Seattle Seahawks star -- an original member of the famed Legion of Boom defense -- was accused of breaking into his ex-girlfriend's apartment in La Verne, CA on July 8 and allegedly chased her, dragged her and then smothered her in a carpet.
Her two children were present when the alleged abuse occurred.

Browner was also accused of stealing the woman's Rolex watch. He fled the residence but was later arrested and charged with attempted murder and faced life in prison.

On Tuesday, the 34-year-old appeared in court where he pled no contest to 1 count of attempted murder and 2 counts of willful child endangerment. In exchange, the remaining charges (robbery, burglary and false imprisonment) were dropped.
Wow. Eight years for attempted murder and 2 counts of willful child endangerment and robbery, burglary, and false imprisonment dropped. His defense attorney got him one hell of a good deal. But if he is anything like my former clients, he's probably still pissed off he had to take a plea at all.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Post by ed » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:33 am

Skeeve wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:29 am
Moving right along we have: Rape charge dropped against USC student after video surfaces
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (FOX 11) - “I was very surprised that these charges would be brought against me because I hadn’t done anything wrong,” says Armaan Premjee, student at University of Southern California.

Premjee was charged with rape in early May after a night out at an off campus bar, but he says security video from the night of April 1st taken from Banditos proves he’s innocent.

“When I saw the videos I was very relieved that there was proof to substantiate my side of the story,” he said.
Funny I thought it was "innocent until proven guilty," WTF is he having to "prove his innocence?"

Okay, here is the attached video...

“Hearing the judge give a ruling it made us believe that there is justice truth does come out,” his mother said. “We were fortune to have the kind of evidence to support his innocence.”

But Premjee’s innocence will have to be proven once again -

He said USC’s Office of Equity and Diversity is conducting its own investigation.

“I could get suspended or expelled from the university even though the judge has declared me innocent,” he said.

The businesses major who is going into his junior year said he’s staying optimistic.

He wants to stay in school and finish his degree.

“I’m hopeful that USC will make the right decision,” he said. “USC is not above the law and so I’m hoping USC will dismiss the case.”

USC’s investigation, which is still in process, is required by the federal government and must be independently conducted to its conclusion even when a parallel criminal process has ended.
So now that he is cleared by the police, he STILL has to deal with the TITLE IX kangaroo court hosted by the "Office of Equity and Diversity" (think misandrist feminists and or SJW's)...

Thank you Barry (no balls) Obama!!!
Name of the USC Newspaper?
Spoiler:
No sence of irony out there I guess. :D
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:13 pm

shuize wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:06 am
Wow. Eight years for attempted murder and 2 counts of willful child endangerment and robbery, burglary, and false imprisonment dropped. His defense attorney got him one hell of a good deal. But if he is anything like my former clients, he's probably still pissed off he had to take a plea at all.
Reads like he was fucked, knew he was fucked, and, for once, being a "Sport Star" did not get everything ignored. For their part, the prosecution was probably happy they did not have to risk presenting to a jury of his peers.

--J.D.