News from Sweden

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skeeve

News from Sweden

Postby Skeeve » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Swedish Gang Rapes: Hundreds Protest After Third Attack In Weeks Leaves 17-Year-Old Hospitalized

Hundreds took to the streets in the southern Swedish town of Malmo this week to protest the government's response to a three brutal gang rapes of teenage girls over a three week period - the most recent of which took place in a playground last Saturday and left a 17-year-old girl hospitalized.

Authorities haven't disclosed the identity of the suspect(s) and have offered scant details of the attack - though it has been described by authorities as particularly brutal, with unconfirmed reports on social media claiming the victim had lighter fluid poured in her vagina and set on fire.
Attin adds that the 17-year-old victim was exposed to a "special ruthlessness," during the violent encounter, however he did not go into further detail.
The protesters in Malmo outlined a series of demands on the Swedish government - which prides itself on being feminist: tougher punishment for rapes, a Minster of Justice with competence in sexual violence issues and a National Police Commissioner 'who cares about women' - according to the Daily Mail.

Gang rapes were virtually unknown to Sweden before 1995, and rapidly rose with the tide of primarily Islamic asylum seekers from third world countries. In 2008, Sweden's Crime Prevention Council published a report on rape against people over the age of 15, which concluded "rapes with several perpetrators" (gang rapes) have increased sharply since the mid-90's. In 1995, there were 116 reported gang rapes in Sweden. In 2006, that had jumped to 553 - an increase of nearly 500% over ten years.

Could it have something to do with immigration?

I am actually surprised they published the last two paragraphs.
Last edited by Skeeve on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:50 pm

Swedeen.

Bad speeling, or some subtle gag I'm not getting?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Rob Lister
Title: Incipient toppler

Postby Rob Lister » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Swedeen.

I'm going to chalk that up to skeeve schizophrenia. he ain't him today.

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:29 pm

Nothing to see here, just Sweden getting culturally enriched.

Meanwhile, the New York Times writes an article about the violent anti-Semitism on the rise in Sweden and "forgets" to mention it's perpetrated by Muslims: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/12/worl ... .html?_r=0
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:35 pm

But a few days later even the NYT recognized the truth:
Historically, anti-Semitism in Sweden could mainly be attributed to right-wing extremists. While this problem persists, a study from 2013 showed that 51 percent of anti-Semitic incidents in Sweden were attributed to Muslim extremists. Only 5 percent were carried out by right-wing extremists; 25 percent were perpetrated by left-wing extremists.

Swedish politicians have no problem condemning anti-Semitism carried out by right-wingers. When neo-Nazis planned a march that would go past the Goteborg synagogue on Yom Kippur this September, for example, it stirred up outrage across the political spectrum. A court ruled that the demonstrators had to change their route.

There is, however, tremendous hesitation to speak out against hate crimes committed by members of another minority group in a country that prides itself on welcoming minorities and immigrants. In 2015, Sweden was second only to Germany in the number of Syrian refugees it welcomed. Yet the three men arrested in the Molotov cocktail attack were newly arrived immigrants, two Syrians and a Palestinian.

The fear of being accused of intolerance has paralyzed Sweden’s leaders from properly addressing deep-seated intolerance.

Some of the country’s leaders have even used Israel as a convenient boogeyman to explain violence. After the terrorist attacks in Paris in November 2015, Sweden’s foreign minister, Margot Wallstrom, explained radicalism among European Muslims with reference to Israel: “Here, once again, we are brought back to situations like the one in the Middle East, where not least, the Palestinians see that there isn’t a future. We must either accept a desperate situation or resort to violence.”

In an interview in June, Prime Minister Stefan Lofven was asked whether Sweden had been naïve about the link between immigration and anti-Semitism. His response was typical of the way in which leading politicians have avoided giving straight answers about the threat against the country’s Jews: “We have a problem in Sweden with anti-Semitism, and it doesn’t matter who expresses it, it’s still as darn wrong.”

But the problem has grown so dire that it finally forced Mr. Lofven to admit in an interview this month: “We will not ignore the fact that many people have come here from the Middle East, where anti-Semitism is a widespread idea, almost part of the ideology. We must become even clearer, dare to talk more about it.”

He’s right. Unfortunately, the country’s news media is often unable to speak plainly about the issue.

Two years ago, Sweden’s biggest newspaper, Aftonbladet, published a column that ridiculed the notion that Jews were talking of leaving the country because of anti-Semitism, dismissing it as “lying” and “hysteria,” and scoffing at the “especially cool” machine guns that police officers use when protecting Jewish schools. The same newspaper accused Israel of harvesting Palestinian organs in 2009 — the modern equivalent of the blood libel.

On Dec. 6, Sweden’s state TV attributed President Trump’s announcement on Jerusalem to the supposed extreme strength of the so-called Jewish lobby in the United States. The channel later apologized. TT, Sweden’s leading news agency, cited ”influential Jewish donors” in its analysis of the move. “Attack against synagogue linked to Trump,” was the headline chosen by Swedish Metro to explain the fire bomb attack in Goteborg.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:32 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Swedeen.

This is the result of the lack of engineering rigor in our education system.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Don't worry about those 'rape gangs' (allegedly comprised of immigrants from primarily Muslim countries).
Sweden plans change in law to require explicit consent before sexual contact

Sweden is moving closer to making changes to its rape laws that would require people to get explicit consent before sexual contact.

The deputy prime minister, Isabella Lövin, said the recent #metoo anti-harassment campaign had “shown that there is a need” for the new legislation, which was expected to be approved on Thursday in parliament.

Under current Swedish law someone can be prosecuted for rape only if it has been proved that they used threats or violence. Under the proposal, rape could be proved if the accuser hadn’t given their explicit verbal agreement or clearly demonstrate their desire to engage in sexual activity.

The prime minister, Stefan Löfven, said his coalition had been preparing the “historic reform” since taking power in 2014.

Okay, lets see how well this works in the (so called) no-go zones shall we?

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:27 pm

Sweden is moving closer to making changes to its rape laws that would require people to get explicit consent before sexual contact.

Of course it only applies to the indigenous peoples of Sweden.

RCC: Act II

Postby RCC: Act II » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Skeeve wrote:
I am actually surprised they published the last two paragraphs.

You are quoting from a an article by a guy writing under the name "Tyler Durden" and surprised he's making an alarming allegation?

That site is roughly as reliable as timecube.

ed
Title: Trilobite of the Florida swamp

Postby ed » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:52 pm

- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:00 pm

However, the Swedish situation cannot be understood entirely in terms of so called "political correctness" or LIBBERULizm. It may be all of that, but only incidentally.

The Swedish moral commitment to national suicide is not a side effect of LIBBERULizm.

The LIBBERULizm is merely a convenient means of suicide under current conditions.

Absent Muslim settlers, grass would be growing through cracks in the pavement by now as the indigenous peoples died out without being replaced.

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:14 pm

Wasn't there some question of apples-to-oranges on the Swedish rape statistics?

Once again something I'm having trouble finding straight talk about. Hand-waving or exaggerating, little in-between.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Skeeve

Postby Skeeve » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Sweden Dying to be Multicultural

I visited the town where I grew up, Malmo, which is becoming more and more of a tax burden on the rest of Sweden the more multicultural it gets, thus contradicting the blithely confident prediction that migration, apart from all its “positive cultural sides”, was a boon to the economy. The school results are tanking, the Jews have left the city (due to Muslim antisemitism), and the murder rate, at least for 2017 so far, is as high as Chicago’s.
Malmo was once prosperous, but is now one of the poorest cities in Sweden. Only one in four former refugee migrants is in a full time job after eight years. Sweden can afford to bail Malmo out, but who is going to bail Sweden out if its migration pattern and employment patterns come to approximate to Malmo’s today? Sweden’s four poorest towns – of which Malmo is the largest – are the four towns with the highest migrant populations. In a sense, Malmo is the canary in the coalmine. The Swedish elite have enforced a mass migration consensus. But the necessary complement – successful integration – has been a failure.?
Is Sweden still going to be Sweden in thirty years’ time. Are the Swedes still going to be able to have a country to call their own? And what is the point? The world’s population increases by the equivalent of one Sweden every two weeks. Saving the world this way – through a policy of open borders – is like scooping out the ocean with a spoon. The Arabs will still have their identity and own countries in a generation’s time. But Swedes may not.
May not?

Assume the position Sweden

I wonder how the feminists running Sweden will enjoy living under sharia law....

Never mind, they'll probably move out before that happens...

Yes, a success, a flaming success!
Last edited by Skeeve on Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:30 pm

When did Skeeve go all Breitbart on us? Wow.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 am

When have skeeve ever turned their noses up to populism?
It's "pea-can", man.

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:52 am

"Swee" is the sound made when one is lying through his/her one good tooth.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Mentat wrote:When have skeeve ever turned their noses up to populism?

Note: In this context "populism" is a term of art meaning "whatever the fuck Trump is" or possibly "whatever the fuck I'm currently pretending Trump is".

HTH. :mrgreen:

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mentat wrote:When have skeeve ever turned their noses up to populism?

Note: In this context "populism" is a term of art meaning "whatever the fuck Trump is" or possibly "whatever the fuck I'm currently pretending Trump is".

HTH. :mrgreen:

Uh, no. Skeeve has always been populist from the start. He's just now starting to sound like one of those gamergate dolts.
It's "pea-can", man.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:31 pm

Define "populist".

If your definition implicitly excludes Teddy Roosevelt, you are wrong.

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:30 pm

It's not the 1920s any more. Populism is usually characterized as anti-establishment. But also can involve anti-academia and also anti-minority sentiment.
It's "pea-can", man.

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”