News from Sweden

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Witness

Re: News from Sweden

Post by Witness » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:33 am

From May.
Denmark becomes latest European country to ban burqas and niqabs

‘This blanket ban is neither necessary nor proportionate and violates the rights to freedom of expression and religion’

Denmark became the latest European country to ban garments that cover the face, including Islamic veils such as the niqab or burqa, after a vote in the country’s parliament. Human rights organisations criticised the move.

MPs in the Scandinavian country approved the bill after it was introduced by the centre-right governing coalition, by a majority of 75 to 30, although 74 abstained.

The government said that the new law, which does not ban headscarves, turbans or the traditional Jewish skull cap, was not aimed at any religion.

However, many see it as directed at the dress worn by some conservative Muslim women, although full face veils are uncommon in the Scandinavian country.

Gauri van Gulik, Amnesty International’s Europe director, criticised the move.

“All women should be free to dress as they please and to wear clothing that expresses their identity or beliefs,” she said. “This ban will have a particularly negative impact on Muslim women who choose to wear the niqab or burqa.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 77586.html

I'm confident they "freely choose" to wear their portable modesty tent. :mrgreen:

Addendum: women protest the ban as the law comes into force.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 72786.html

gnome

Post by gnome » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:06 pm

If the government wants to investigate ways to reduce hidden coercion disguised as "free choice" I'm fine with that. I am not fine with them deciding they will counter coercion by removing someone's choice.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:38 am

From 2015, already:
Out of fear of racism, Sweden changes the names of bird species

Bird watching has long been a popular and seemingly harmless weekend activity in Sweden. Its innocence, however, came to an abrupt end when many of the country's bird lovers were suddenly confronted with allegations of racism.

For centuries, it has now been revealed, the Swedish had given birds some names that now could be considered offensive to certain groups. One species, for instance, was called "gypsy bird," whereas another was named "negro." The insult "caffer," which was used by white against blacks in South Africa, also resembled a Swedish bird species called "kaffer." There were other offensive bird names in Sweden, such as "Hottentot" — apparently inspired by the name of the language of an indigenous southwest African tribe called Khoikhoi, yet also a derogatory term for that tribe.

Despite the prominence of bird watching among Swedes, the existence of these names and others like them had sparked little outrage and publicity until recently. When Sweden's Ornithological Society completed its first-ever global list of all 10,709 Swedish bird names two weeks ago, the organization also announced some awkward name changes.

In the process of categorizing the names, staffers had raised concerns over some that had a potentially offensive nature. As a result, several of them have now been changed: "negro" bird, for instance, will now be called "black" bird. "When working on the list, it became obvious that some older names no longer were appropriate," Anders Wirdheim, Communications Officer at the Swedish Ornithological Society told The Washington Post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... b3d219ab3d

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:51 am

Witness wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:38 am
From 2015, already:
Out of fear of racism, Sweden changes the names of bird species

Bird watching has long been a popular and seemingly harmless weekend activity in Sweden. Its innocence, however, came to an abrupt end when many of the country's bird lovers were suddenly confronted with allegations of racism.

For centuries, it has now been revealed, the Swedish had given birds some names that now could be considered offensive to certain groups. One species, for instance, was called "gypsy bird," whereas another was named "negro." The insult "caffer," which was used by white against blacks in South Africa, also resembled a Swedish bird species called "kaffer." There were other offensive bird names in Sweden, such as "Hottentot" — apparently inspired by the name of the language of an indigenous southwest African tribe called Khoikhoi, yet also a derogatory term for that tribe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... b3d219ab3d
Non-Muslims are considered Kafir by many devout Muslims so...
Spoiler:
Raping kafirs is acceptable.
Muhammad was clear that it is not zina (adultery), and that any marriage to another man is anulled by god.

You may not however rape kafirs that are sex slaves of another muslim man.

https://www.quora.com/Is-rape-legal-in- ... acceptable
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Witness

Post by Witness » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 am

Skeeve wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:51 am

Spoiler:
Muhammad was clear that it is not zina (adultery), and that any marriage to another man is anulled by god.

It's not so much a Muslim as an early medieval thing. The Franks had very analogous laws in these matters (the weirdest I read about was that you were prohibited from helping a guy you found at the crossroads with severed hands & feet – as you could only make things worse by intervening in a vendetta; they finally curbed the continuous bloodbaths of vendetta/counter-vendetta by introducing the wergelt (or weregild, wergeld, &c.), literally "the man's gold/money/price", i. e. financial compensation).

It's just that some parts of the world cling onto medieval laws and customs. Because gOD said so.

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:46 am

One assumes that eventually they too will catch up with modernity. It will just take some time.

It's a sort of optimistic thought of mine to remember that "Christendom" was once every bit as backwards and repressive and fanatical and willing to kill heretics/infidels/apostates/heathens as certain fundamentalist sects of Islam still are today. And yet, eventually things did get better and the Church(es) lost most of their power and influence. What remains is but a shadow of its former self, much like the Monarchy in Britain remains in form, but not in a position of serious power or influence or able to command obedience through fear and intimidation, like in the old days.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:31 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:46 am
One assumes that eventually they too will catch up with modernity. It will just take some time.

It's a sort of optimistic thought of mine to remember that "Christendom" was once every bit as backwards and repressive and fanatical and willing to kill heretics/infidels/apostates/heathens as certain fundamentalist sects of Islam still are today. And yet, eventually things did get better and the Church(es) lost most of their power and influence. What remains is but a shadow of its former self, much like the Monarchy in Britain remains in form, but not in a position of serious power or influence or able to command obedience through fear and intimidation, like in the old days.
It could be an optimistic thought, that they will improve.

It could be a depressing thought, that if they are early medieval now then there might be centuries before “modernity” is reached.

It could be a terrible thought, in that, unlike the crusaders, they have had the advantage of seeing modernity and are in greater and greater numbers... rejecting it.

I’m honestly unsure which it is.

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 am

Modernity requires stability and prosperity.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:19 pm

Witness wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:17 am
Skeeve wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:51 am

Spoiler:

It's not so much a Muslim as an early medieval thing.
It's just that some parts of the world cling onto medieval laws and customs. Because gOD said so.
Giz wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:31 am
Anaxagoras wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:46 am
It could be an optimistic thought, that they will improve.

It could be a depressing thought, that if they are early medieval now then there might be centuries before “modernity” is reached.

It could be a terrible thought, in that, unlike the crusaders, they have had the advantage of seeing modernity and are in greater and greater numbers... rejecting it.

I’m honestly unsure which it is.
Peruse the List of Killings in the Name of Islam (link below)
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/atta ... ?Yr=Last30

I did a summary (already out of date) on July 31 that can be found here
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=44605&p=924382&hili ... ct#p924382
Skeeve wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:49 pm

If my math is correct that is 35,970 attacks, with 232,391 killed, and 311,589 injured...
[since 2001] And that is only so far... we got a way to go in 2018...
Lets see how many more since July 31, shall we?

Today: During this time period, there were 1230 Islamic attacks in 46 countries, in which 7421 people were killed and 7884 injured

July 31:2018: During this time period, there were 1184 Islamic attacks in 46 countries, in which 7158 people were killed and 7608 injured.

So, 46 more attacks, another 263 people dead, and 276 more people injured...
and that is in the last 8 days!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:16 pm

What's with the Swedes having so many racist bird names in the first place?

I can't think of even one in English. :lmao:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:22 pm

Maybe not racist, but "great tit" is surely problematical. Heck, all the tits probably have to go.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Oh yeah.

And now that you mention it, the boobies, too.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 pm

And of course all those cocks :o

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 pm
And of course all those cocks :o
Abdul always has cocks on the brain.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:51 pm

:BigGrin3:

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:35 am

Those "masked youths" are at it in Sweden. I'm sure this is completely unrelated to the refugees they're letting in.

Giz

Post by Giz » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:28 pm

As fight club would say: “it’s company policy to use the indefinite article. It’s some youths, not immigrant youths. Never Syrian youths”.

Skeeve

Re: News from Sweeden

Post by Skeeve » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:58 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:45 pm
"Rosengard is one of the locations in Sweden described as “a geographically-defined area characterized by a low socio-economic status where criminals have an impact on the local community.” Authorities have long struggled to quell the violence associated with conflicts erupting between various gangs and ethnic groups in recent years."

In other words "a no-go zone"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In other words, a bad neighborhood where some people don't feel safe. How novel.

Bad by Swedish standards, at that.
I guess you're right RCC: Act II, Malmo is much worse.

Rosengard must by idyllic by comparison.
WildCat wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:35 am
Those "masked youths" are at it in Sweden. I'm sure this is completely unrelated to the refugees they're letting in.

The 2nd part has "folks" igniting parked cars....

Q: Why doesn't someone shoot these sons of bitches?

Oh yea, I forgot, like most of the EU, fairly strict gun control is in vogue....

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am

UPDATE: Teenager is arrested in Turkey over firebombing of cars in Sweden as four more attacks take place overnight after police said masked youth gangs coordinated the chaos via social media

The EU, ya just gotta love those "open boarders.
A teenager has been arrested in Turkey in connection with the systematic firebombing of cars across Sweden earlier this week.

The man, born in 1999, had fled Sweden yesterday and could be apprehended upon arrival in Turkey, taking the total number of arrests over the arson attacks to three.

More than 100 cars burned in several Swedish cities, including the capital Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmo, as gangs of masked youths went rampaging in a series of arson attacks believed to have been coordinated on social media.

A number of boys under the age of 15 have also been apprehended, but have due to their young age been released into the care of their parents.
"

Yes, a success, a flaming success...but I digress.
In the wake of the fires, Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven reacted with anger and did not hold back during a radio interview on Tuesday morning.

'I'm furious, for real. My question to these people is 'what the f*** are you doing?',' he told Sveriges Radio P1.

'You're ruining things for yourselves, your parents and your neighbourhoods,' Lofven said, adding the incident 'looked very coordinated, almost like a military operation'.
And as usual, no names, no ethnicities....lots of pictures of burning and burned out cars though.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:29 pm

'I'm furious, for real. My question to these people is 'what the f*** are you doing?',' he told Sveriges Radio P1.

They're just enriching your culture is all.