News from Sweden

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
RCC: Act II
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby RCC: Act II » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:47 pm

gnome wrote:Wasn't there some question of apples-to-oranges on the Swedish rape statistics?

Once again something I'm having trouble finding straight talk about. Hand-waving or exaggerating, little in-between.


Yes. All comparative criminal statistics are bullshit, because of different definitions and recording practices. Rape in Sweden is no different.

link

"In Sweden there has been this ambition explicitly to record every case of sexual violence separately, to make it visible in the statistics," she says.

"So, for instance, when a woman comes to the police and she says my husband or my fiance raped me almost every day during the last year, the police have to record each of these events, which might be more than 300 events. In many other countries it would just be one record - one victim, one type of crime, one record."

xxxxxxxxxxxx

"There might also be some increase in actual crime because of societal changes. Due to the internet, for example, it's much easier these days to meet somebody, just the same evening if you want to. Also, alcohol consumption has increased quite a lot during this period.

"But the major explanation is partly that people go to the police more often, but also the fact that in 2005 there has been reform in the sex crime legislation, which made the legal definition of rape much wider than before."


User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 68850
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2619 times
Been thanked: 1026 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:54 pm

Mentat wrote:It's not the 1920s any more. Populism is usually characterized as anti-establishment. But also can involve anti-academia and also anti-minority sentiment.


So my previous explanation still stands even if Skeeve somehow was one a little "prematurely".
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Mentat
Posts: 10271
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Hangar 18
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Mentat » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mentat wrote:It's not the 1920s any more. Populism is usually characterized as anti-establishment. But also can involve anti-academia and also anti-minority sentiment.


So my previous explanation still stands even if Skeeve somehow was one a little "prematurely".


Uh, no. You just described right wing populism. There is left wing populism too.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 9770
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Skeeve » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:49 pm

Gender quotas and the crisis of the mediocre man

...
Our study provides a unique window on quotas and, at the same time, pushes forward the measurement of competence in political selection. It uses the fact that, in 1993, Sweden’s Social Democratic party voluntarily introduced a strict gender quota for its candidates. In internal discussions of the reform, the party’s Women’s branch observed that some men were more critical than others. The quota became known colloquially as the “Crisis of the Mediocre Man,” since the incompetent men had the most to fear from an influx of women into politics.
...
While we have focused on politics, the results may also be relevant for judging gender quotas in other organisations.
...
Many firms have a history of male-dominated leadership and are sometimes accused of having “locker-room” mentalities and cozy selection rules. These reinforce the selection of men, and leaders may feel comfortable being surrounded by non-threatening mediocrity. Just as in politics, therefore, a quota has the potential to undercut the dominance of a mediocre elite.

As if politicians are typically anything but mediocre to begin with...

And yet another reason Sweeden is...
...wait for it...
a success, yes, a flaming success!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

RCC: Act II
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby RCC: Act II » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:41 am

(looks at various quality of life and failed state rankings)

Yeah, doing pretty good over there.

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 32554
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Been thanked: 1496 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Grammatron » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:48 am

RCC: Act II wrote:(looks at various quality of life and failed state rankings)

Yeah, doing pretty good over there.


How many apples can one get for an orange over there?
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 66027
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3093 times
Been thanked: 1963 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Doctor X » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:55 am

Do not bother.

It is scratched.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 9770
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Skeeve » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:However, the Swedish situation cannot be understood entirely in terms of so called "political correctness" or LIBBERULizm. It may be all of that, but only incidentally.
...
Absent Muslim settlers, grass would be growing through cracks in the pavement by now as the indigenous peoples died out without being replaced.

There are some nice data sets here: https://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=27&c=sw&l=en

This is the data for: Net Migration, notice the "surge" from 2013 to 2014...

Code: Select all

Country   2004   2005   2006   2007   2008   2009   2010   2011   2012   2013   2014
Sweden   1.67   1.67   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.65   1.65   1.65   1.64   5.46

Compare this with the population growth rate

Code: Select all

Country   2004   2005   2006   2007   2008   2009   2010   2011   2012   2013   2014
Sweden   0.18   0.17   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.17   0.18   0.79

And the Total fertility rate (children born/woman)

Code: Select all

Country   2004   2005   2006   2007   2008   2009   2010   2011   2012   2013   2014
Sweden   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.88

Note:
Definition of Total fertility rate: This entry gives a figure for the average number of children that would be born per woman if all women lived to the end of their childbearing years and bore children according to a given fertility rate at each age. The total fertility rate (TFR) is a more direct measure of the level of fertility than the crude birth rate, since it refers to births per woman. This indicator shows the potential for population change in the country. A rate of two children per woman is considered the replacement rate for a population, resulting in relative stability in terms of total numbers. Rates above two children indicate populations growing in size and whose median age is declining. Higher rates may also indicate difficulties for families, in some situations, to feed and educate their children and for women to enter the labor force. Rates below two children indicate populations decreasing in size and growing older. Global fertility rates are in general decline and this trend is most pronounced in industrialized countries, especially Western Europe, where populations are projected to decline dramatically over the next 50 years.

After a long period of decline, Sweden is finally starting to approach a rate of 2 again.
However, if you consider who is having the babies, this is not as "Breitbart" as you may think.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

RCC: Act II
Posts: 548
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby RCC: Act II » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Grammatron wrote:
RCC: Act II wrote:(looks at various quality of life and failed state rankings)

Yeah, doing pretty good over there.


How many apples can one get for an orange over there?


Depends on market price.

User avatar
Giz
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Giz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:01 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:However, the Swedish situation cannot be understood entirely in terms of so called "political correctness" or LIBBERULizm. It may be all of that, but only incidentally.
...
Absent Muslim settlers, grass would be growing through cracks in the pavement by now as the indigenous peoples died out without being replaced.

There are some nice data sets here: https://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?v=27&c=sw&l=en

This is the data for: Net Migration, notice the "surge" from 2013 to 2014...

Code: Select all

Country   2004   2005   2006   2007   2008   2009   2010   2011   2012   2013   2014
Sweden   1.67   1.67   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.65   1.65   1.65   1.64   5.46

Compare this with the population growth rate

Code: Select all

Country   2004   2005   2006   2007   2008   2009   2010   2011   2012   2013   2014
Sweden   0.18   0.17   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.16   0.17   0.18   0.79

And the Total fertility rate (children born/woman)

Code: Select all

Country   2004   2005   2006   2007   2008   2009   2010   2011   2012   2013   2014
Sweden   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.66   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.67   1.88

Note:
Definition of Total fertility rate: This entry gives a figure for the average number of children that would be born per woman if all women lived to the end of their childbearing years and bore children according to a given fertility rate at each age. The total fertility rate (TFR) is a more direct measure of the level of fertility than the crude birth rate, since it refers to births per woman. This indicator shows the potential for population change in the country. A rate of two children per woman is considered the replacement rate for a population, resulting in relative stability in terms of total numbers. Rates above two children indicate populations growing in size and whose median age is declining. Higher rates may also indicate difficulties for families, in some situations, to feed and educate their children and for women to enter the labor force. Rates below two children indicate populations decreasing in size and growing older. Global fertility rates are in general decline and this trend is most pronounced in industrialized countries, especially Western Europe, where populations are projected to decline dramatically over the next 50 years.

After a long period of decline, Sweden is finally starting to approach a rate of 2 again.
However, if you consider who is having the babies, this is not as "Breitbart" as you may think.


From the Guardian (so, impeccably not breitbart): sweden to be 30% muslim soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... han-double

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 68850
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2619 times
Been thanked: 1026 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Skeeve wrote: ... After a long period of decline, Sweden is finally starting to approach a rate of 2 again.


But what is the birth rate for infidel Swedes only? :MuhammadBoom:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
ed
Posts: 32160
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps
Has thanked: 407 times
Been thanked: 672 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby ed » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Why would they allow that to happen? Basically, they are allowing their culture to be destroyed in less than a generation. Why?
- new minimalist ethos -

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19743
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 569 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Rob Lister » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm

They're paving a road of good intentions.

User avatar
Mentat
Posts: 10271
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Hangar 18
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Mentat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:00 pm

It's the same story with the irish, catholics, mexicans, chinese, mormons, etc. How many times were we supposed fall apart and be over run by $demographic, and how many times has it actually happened?
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19743
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 569 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Rob Lister » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:07 pm

Mentat wrote:It's the same story with the irish, catholics, mexicans, chinese, mormons, etc. How many times were we supposed fall apart and be over run by $demographic, and how many times has it actually happened?


Image

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 32554
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Been thanked: 1496 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Grammatron » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:08 pm

Mentat wrote:It's the same story with the irish, catholics, mexicans, chinese, mormons, etc. How many times were we supposed fall apart and be over run by $demographic, and how many times has it actually happened?


When left unchecked, all of the above.

The extreme elements of those communities will grab a foothold and will operate using old-world fears that still linger. That will continue until the government or the communities themselves engage in battle with the extreme elements. There are countless examples in history.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

User avatar
Giz
Posts: 645
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: UK
Has thanked: 63 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Giz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Mentat wrote:It's the same story with the irish, catholics, mexicans, chinese, mormons, etc. How many times were we supposed fall apart and be over run by $demographic, and how many times has it actually happened?


Relatively small amounts of relatively similar cultures assimilated by a culturally confident expanding melting pot is not the same as a stagnant culturally apologetic host taking on relatively large numbers of non-assimilationist, culturally very different immigrants.

It's like asking a small Californian city of wiccans and hippies to take on a 50% increase in population... made up of time travelers from Salam Massachusetts, c. 1690.

User avatar
Mentat
Posts: 10271
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Hangar 18
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Mentat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:36 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Mentat wrote:It's the same story with the irish, catholics, mexicans, chinese, mormons, etc. How many times were we supposed fall apart and be over run by $demographic, and how many times has it actually happened?


When left unchecked, all of the above.

The extreme elements of those communities will grab a foothold and will operate using old-world fears that still linger. That will continue until the government or the communities themselves engage in battle with the extreme elements. There are countless examples in history.


And there are countless examples of false racist hysteria that society will collapse because of those demographics taking over america, and yet here we are.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

User avatar
Rob Lister
Posts: 19743
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:15 pm
Title: Incipient toppler
Location: Swimming in Lake Ed
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 569 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Rob Lister » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:38 pm

Mentat wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
Mentat wrote:It's the same story with the irish, catholics, mexicans, chinese, mormons, etc. How many times were we supposed fall apart and be over run by $demographic, and how many times has it actually happened?


When left unchecked, all of the above.

The extreme elements of those communities will grab a foothold and will operate using old-world fears that still linger. That will continue until the government or the communities themselves engage in battle with the extreme elements. There are countless examples in history.


And there are countless examples of false racist hysteria that society will collapse because of those demographics taking over america, and yet here we are.


What the fuck is we, paleface.

User avatar
Mentat
Posts: 10271
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: Hangar 18
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 124 times

Re: News from Sweeden

Postby Mentat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:38 pm

Alive and not in the ruins of a dead society.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?


Return to “Politics & Social Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests