Debating with Neo-Nazis

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
tempta

Debating with Neo-Nazis

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:21 am

Hi, firstly happy new year all. :D

Anyone ever debated against a neo-nazi before? I'm currently having a debate with my (former) friend about who controls the media, and he showed me this:

At first I was skeptical, but he provided me the links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Zucker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_L._Roberts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Iger

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumner_Redstone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Plepler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Ochs_Sulzberger_Jr.

And according to their Wiki pages, they all do indeed appear to be Jewish. The rest, like Zuckerberg, all have Jewish names so it's pretty clear that there's verifiably a lot of Jews in high places.

I pointed out that Rupert Murdoch, who owns FOX, is not a Jew, then he responded and told me that Rupert Murdoch sold FOX to Bob Iger (in the image) last month and therefore every single American major media outlet in existence is currently owned by a Jew.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/14/dis ... ion-x-men/

I know that he's an idiot, but I'm trying to get my point across to him as I've been there before as well.

:freedom:
Last edited by tempta on Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Debating with Neo-Nazis

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 am

Image Oh yeah this guy.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:37 am

I think that it's more than that. Back in my day, media departments at agencies were run by jews, largely. And I think that if you drill down into the next level of media you still find a disproportionate jewish representation.
- new minimalist ethos -

tempta

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:42 am

No, you guys don't get it. He's using it as an excuse to believe in a conspiracy theory that the Jews control the media. That's racist as hell.

ed

Postby ed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:47 am

Define "control".
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:50 am

It comes back to the whole idea that "the media" are somehow like Svengali.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

tempta

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:53 am

I suppose it implies that "Jews", as a collective, have a monopoly over the flow of information in America and thus your mind, so to say. He's basically saying that the Jews are the "illuminati" described in pop-culture.

It holds nefarious connotations and is therefore racist.

ed

Postby ed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:58 am

If Svengali were Svengali they would have something.

Perceptions change due to repetition and acceptance by authority figures.

Tell me, did you imagine that this country would embrace gay marriage even ten years ago?

I didn't think that Jews or anyone specific is "planning" on changing anything but if a group generally holds progressive views on social issues and they are the ones who largely decide what gets produced, what gets funded, what gets advertised on etc etc, you would expect that those views would leach into the stuff that is made to entertain, nu?
- new minimalist ethos -

tempta

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:05 am

Well, let's suppose that Jewish people have a tendency to hold a particular ideology (i.e. progressivism), and the "Jews" are using their grip on the media to promote it while attacking contrary ideologies.

Would a neo-nazi, or even a Trump supporter, be justified to blame the "Jews" for any type of discrimination against their own racist ideologies?

ed

Postby ed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:14 am

tempta wrote:I suppose it implies that "Jews", as a collective, have a monopoly over the flow of information in America and thus your mind, so to say. He's basically saying that the Jews are the "illuminati" described in pop-culture.

It holds nefarious connotations and is therefore racist.

The word "racist" has ceased to have meaning in the US since it is used indiscriminately and as a cudgel. It's use signifies an inferior and lazy mind.

I don't understand the word "collective".

do you doubt the basic premise?

Do you doubt that black americans murder at a rate roughly 10 times that of whites?
- new minimalist ethos -

ed

Postby ed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:22 am

tempta wrote:Well, let's suppose that Jewish people have a tendency to hold a particular ideology (i.e. progressivism), and the "Jews" are using their grip on the media to promote it while attacking contrary ideologies.

Read what I wrote. You ever hear of the Grinspoon Effect? It refers to non-verbal conditioning in humans. Go to a classroom. Sit towards the front. Now, when the teacher moves to the right, smile. The left, frown. You'll have him in the area that you reinforce. Now, reverse it. Same thing. You can do it on cold running speech. Reinforce the occurrence of plural adjectives (a simple "um hum" will do the trick). Stop the reinforcement, the behavior extinguishes. People are animals. They will respond to subtle cues. Not necessarily nefarious in the least. A social proclivity reflected in TV shows will, over time, impact behaviour. If the people who controlled the programming were mennonites we'd see some of their cultural mores slipped in.

So?

Would a neo-nazi, or even a Trump supporter, be justified to blame the "Jews" for any type of discrimination against their own racist ideologies?

I have no idea what that sentence means.
- new minimalist ethos -

tempta

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:29 am

ed wrote:The word "racist" has ceased to have meaning in the US since it is used indiscriminately and as a cudgel. It's use signifies an inferior and lazy mind.

I don't understand the word "collective".

do you doubt the basic premise?

Do you doubt that black americans murder at a rate roughly 10 times that of whites?

Well, the general reaction to the idea that Jews control the media is that it's a "conspiracy theory", and therefore false, due to the connotations associated with the term.

Here's an example:

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/michae ... the-media/

Michael Flynn Jr. retweets anti-Semitic conspiracy theory about Jews controlling the media

Michael Flynn Jr., a former Trump transition official and the son of disgraced former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, retweeted a conspiracy theory being promoted by right-wing activist Laura Loomer claiming that Jews control the media.

Emphasis on the adjective "anti-semitic", meaning it's inherently racist. It propagates the theory that Jews are conspiring together; but simultaneously is it possible to address the over representation without nefarious implications?

I suppose as a neo-nazi, he feels that his "white" ideologies are under-represented in the media despite being a privileged class himself.

ed

Postby ed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:35 am

Over represented = so
Control = no story there
Collusion suggests facts not in evidence.

Do jews control medicine? Finance? Precious metals? Accounting?

Who the fuck cares?

Anyone focused on finding "Racist" flaws in others is indubitably a racist himself. Actually, thinking about it, anyone who actually characterizes someone as racist is entirely too preoccupied with racism and is probably a racist. And if you delve deeply enough, everyone is probably a racist and, so, the term has little meaning.
- new minimalist ethos -

tempta

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:41 am

I guess neo-nazis are trying to point out an alleged "hypocrisy" between this and the ideologies that the media promote, such as affirmative action (the idea that no race should be discriminated against).

I'm trying to explain to him that the Jews are good people with good intentions, and aren't discriminating against whites or trying to "flood" western countries with mass immigration. What should I say to him?

Who the fuck cares?

Anyone focused on finding "Racist" flaws in others is indubitably a racist himself. Actually, thinking about it, anyone who actually characterizes someone as racist is entirely too preoccupied with racism and is probably a racist. And if you delve deeply enough, everyone is probably a racist and, so, the term has little meaning.

I don't, he does.

We could be discussing flying spaghetti monsters for all I care. But it's unfortunate because I can see where he made the logical leap, but I can't explain it well enough to convince him that it's all just a coincidence. He's probably going to spend the rest of his life thinking that the United States has been "infiltrated" by the Jews, who want to depopulate the white race for whatever ridiculous reason, and that Donald Trump is the savior of mankind who came to put an end to their grand master-plan. (I still haven't told him that Jared Kushner is Jewish as well.) :roll:

ed

Postby ed » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:52 am

Read Will Durant's Story of Civilization, volume 4 the Age of Faith, read the chapter on the Jew in Medieval Europe. That set the stage for everything.

If he does not see the wisdom in that, shoot him. Just wound him, mind. Perhaps a shot in the buttocks. That has worked for lister.

Happy New Year to all. I am going to bed.
- new minimalist ethos -

tempta

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:58 am

Thanks! Any documentaries you can suggest? :D

Edit:

Okay, now he linked me this. :roll:

I'm kinda doubtful about this one. I recognize many of the names, but if this is true that's kinda weird because the media would have reported on this in a non-racist manner. Regardless, it's no excuse to become a neo-nazi. :roll:

RCC: Act II

Postby RCC: Act II » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:52 am

ed wrote:
The word "racist" has ceased to have meaning in the US since it is used indiscriminately and as a cudgel. It's use signifies an inferior and lazy mind.

Ah, the interesting point is here in a thread I'm too drunk to follow.

I'd argue that the word ceased to have a meaning because one side became to sensitive to it because / while the other side used it as a form of total and ultimate dismissal, as you suggest.

I'm a racist, at least to some degree. I was raised and now feel comfortable living in a place that is like 98% white, and those that aren't adapted to rural white sensibilities a long time ago. These are my people.

I get this. I do try to get better, but when I'm at the spot on Saturday morning eating my sausage gravy and biscuits and someone makes a joke about... something that is mildly racist, I'm gonna laugh. I might make some humorous point about it, or at least try, but being a strident shithead isn't all that useful. I try to be "woke," but holy shit, criticizing people who don't have the time and energy to follow black twitter or read five think pieces each day, WTF?

If someone get into white nationalism, and we could go around about what that is, it would be a little more confrontational. There is a line between ethnic bickering and dehumanization. I know my leftist buddies would be all pissy about it, but all we can do is try...

Yeah, and Robert C. Byrd is basically my political hero... so fuck it.

RCC: Act II

Postby RCC: Act II » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:56 am

Oh yeah, and the poster who started this thread is pretty clearly a JAQing off antisemite who can go fuck himself.

tempta

Postby tempta » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:10 am

RCC: Act II wrote:Oh yeah, and the poster who started this thread is pretty clearly a JAQing off antisemite who can go fuck himself.

Clearly, you are too drunk to read the thread properly.

I'll accept your apology once you've sobered up. :D

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Postby sparks » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:57 am

Sounds like back sassin' to me.

Captain?
Nice things? Hell no!

Board Crumbmuffin.

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”