Another Trump Victory

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
WildCat

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:33 am

ed wrote:
WASHINGTON — President Trump on Wednesday balked at an immigration deal that would include protections for people from Haiti and African countries, demanding to know at a White House meeting why he should accept immigrants from “shithole countries” rather than people from places like Norway, according to people with direct knowledge of the conversation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/11/us/p ... tries.html

People are evidentially taking exception to characterizing Haiti as a "shithole" country.

:lol:

Didn't you hear? It's a thriving paradise on earth since the Clinton Foundation saved it after the earthquake.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 am

And every Good Democrat knows that "shithole" is that land between California and New York.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:41 am

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/9 ... 0557119488

The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:03 am

Trump's america is more prosperous than Bush/Obamas. Facts are facts.

Making "build your plant here" instead of "give me a million bucks" the new pay-to-play for influence was so stupidly simple, it took Trump to do it.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate it took this kind of fucking carnival to end the Bush/Obama "sorry, jobs are a thing of a past" defeatism go away.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:05 am

Of course 55 dems voted against adding warrants to wiretaps, they barely got the warrant they used to bug Trump. Need a non-warrant backup.

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:14 am

This is Haiti, the land Democrats get the vapors over Trump calling a shithole:

Democrats want that girl in the USA cleaning their bathrooms for $5/hr cash.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 am

They want to get out of the shit hole. At least the more enterprising among them do.

If they immigrate legally, I see no problem.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:44 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:They want to get out of the shit hole. At least the more enterprising among them do.

There's 3 billion people, at least, living in shitholes on this planet. If they move to the USA then the USA will be a shithole.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:50 am

WildCat wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:They want to get out of the shit hole. At least the more enterprising among them do.

There's 3 billion people, at least, living in shitholes on this planet. If they move to the USA then the USA will be a shithole.

Maybe so, but I don't see any huge wave of Haitians headed our way.

gnome

Postby gnome » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 am

corplinx wrote:Trump's america is more prosperous than Bush/Obamas. Facts are facts.

Making "build your plant here" instead of "give me a million bucks" the new pay-to-play for influence was so stupidly simple, it took Trump to do it.

I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate it took this kind of fucking carnival to end the Bush/Obama "sorry, jobs are a thing of a past" defeatism go away.

How much has he done that "build your plant here" stuff?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:59 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
WildCat wrote:

Maybe so, but I don't see any huge wave of Haitians headed our way.

Because we don't let them generally. Now, if the open-borders Democrats get their way what's to stop them besides 500 miles of ocean?

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:16 am

I thought the problem was illegal Mexicans?

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
Grammatron wrote:I don't believe he said that for a second.

Why not?

Anyway, out of curiosity I searched this forum for that word, and excluding this thread, a lot of us right here including myself have used that word in reference to certain countries. I don't think Trump would say that on TV, but when he knows there are no cameras or recording devices I could totally imagine it.

Because I am of the opinion that NY Times has lost all objectivity when it comes to reporting on Trump.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:54 am

Finally, I get to see the word "shithole" in a headline of the Tribune, uncensored!

Thanks Donald!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 am

The Chicago Tribune probably felt Trump described Chicago.

Shitholes tend to remain shitholes since the inhabitants do not work to improve it.

As the Chosen Man noted:

There's no shame in being born in the shite, lads, but there's ever so much for wanting to stay in it.

--Sgt. Maj. Patrick Harper, South Essex

Apparently, it is the US's responsibility to transform these shitholes, some of whose transformation into shitholes were performed by European countries vying for colonies. But that would be "wrong" what with imposing US "ideals" upon others. In some ways, that could be a fair criticism of the missionary work. Instead, European countries--and pretty much all Asian countries--would rather the US simply move all of the inhabitants of said shitholes to America.

These are all nice slogans, with little actual solutions.

Though I am reminded that a very long time ago, someone I knew who was a freshly-made lieutenant, traveled to Haiti on one of Reagan's "mercy missions" or whathaveyou when that particular shithole got flushed by a hurricane or "Baby Doc" had an enema or something.

The first thing he saw getting off his transport plane was the charred body of a woman hung and burned as a witch.

Some things are hard to fix. Why politicians kick cans and spout slogans. They--from all countries including said shitholes--hate it when made to do anything.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 am

This is amazing.

On CNN this happened https://v.redd.it/2r4e6g2i3j901

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:37 am

Funny, when [Vomiting.--Ed.] composing that erudite screed, I thought about adding that "just because you come from a shithole does not make you shit."

I figured that was obvious.

Though someone could argue that it remains the responsibility of the inhabitants to fix their shithole. That is an "ideal"--anyone going to blame a German Jew or one of the few Germans opposed to the Nazis for leaving? Blame a slave for running away?

But then, these are complicated issues not solved by slogans.

Nevertheless, he is wrong: Italy was greasy, but it was never a shithole.

What?

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:39 am

Someone also should tell Wolf that Africa is not a country.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:46 am

He forgot to check his White Privilege, Gram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

--J. "US Americans!" D.

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:49 am

Grammatron wrote:
Anaxagoras wrote:
Grammatron wrote:I don't believe he said that for a second.

Why not?

Anyway, out of curiosity I searched this forum for that word, and excluding this thread, a lot of us right here including myself have used that word in reference to certain countries. I don't think Trump would say that on TV, but when he knows there are no cameras or recording devices I could totally imagine it.

Because I am of the opinion that NY Times has lost all objectivity when it comes to reporting on Trump.

If it's not true do you think the White House would issue a denial? Because I don't see any denial. Not on Trump's twitter feed, and according to the story a White House official asked for comment did not dispute it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... c1150dce3b

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they discussed protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to several people briefed on the meeting.

“Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Trump then suggested that the United States should instead bring more people from countries such as Norway, whose prime minister he met with Wednesday. The president, according to a White House official, also suggested he would be open to more immigrants from Asian countries because he felt they help the United States economically.

In addition, the president singled out Haiti, telling lawmakers that immigrants from that country must be left out of any deal, these people said.

“Why do we need more Haitians?” Trump said, according to people familiar with the meeting. “Take them out.”

Lawmakers were taken aback by the comments, according to people familiar with their reactions. Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) and Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) had proposed cutting the visa lottery program by 50 percent and then prioritizing countries already in the system, a White House official said.

A White House spokesman defended Trump’s position on immigration without directly addressing his remarks. White House officials did not dispute the account.

“Certain Washington politicians choose to fight for foreign countries, but President Trump will always fight for the American people,” spokesman Raj Shah said in a statement issued after The Washington Post first reported Trump’s remarks. “. . . Like other nations that have merit-based immigration, President Trump is fighting for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society, grow our economy and assimilate into our great nation.”

Some Republicans also raised objections. Rep. Mia Love (R-Utah), whose family is from Haiti, said in a statement that Trump’s remarks were “unkind, divisive, elitist, and fly in the face of our nation’s values. This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation.”

Hard to imagine that the White House would let all of this go unchallenged if it were untrue.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”