Another Trump Victory

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 12600
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Fun fact: Norwegians emigrated to the USA at a rate 42.8 times greater than Americans moved to Norway in 2016, 21.4/100,00 vs. .5/100,000.

I guess they haven't heard the USA is a shithole.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 66416
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2044 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:03 pm

WildCat wrote:Fun fact: Norwegians emigrated to the USA at a rate 42.8 times greater than Americans moved to Norway in 2016, 21.4/100,00 vs. .5/100,000.

I guess they haven't heard the USA is a shithole.


Actual Norwegians, or Muslims passing through?
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 46444
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 1160 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:39 pm

All Hail The Crimson King

User avatar
Nyarlathotep
Posts: 46444
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:50 pm
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 1160 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
WildCat wrote:Fun fact: Norwegians emigrated to the USA at a rate 42.8 times greater than Americans moved to Norway in 2016, 21.4/100,00 vs. .5/100,000.

I guess they haven't heard the USA is a shithole.


Actual Norwegians, or Muslims passing through?


Could also be that it is really difficult to immigrate to another country, legally, unless you already have a job set up. And the US is a far bigger country. So I bet it's far easier for a Norwegian to find a job in the US than vice versa.

Also, the next Scandinavian of any sort I see who has anything good at all to say about the US will be the first. So I am pretty sure our shitholery is well established over there
All Hail The Crimson King

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 66416
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2044 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Nyarlathotep wrote:Also, the next Scandinavian of any sort I see who has anything good at all to say about the US will be the first. So I am pretty sure our shitholery is well established over there


Naah.

Unlike Haitians, those guys hate us for our freedoms. :wink:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 31502
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Been thanked: 1290 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Grammatron » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 am

Anaxagoras wrote:https://www.postandcourier.com/politics/lindsey-graham-statement-i-said-my-piece-to-trump-but/article_e99c2fba-f7a9-11e7-a381-d7950e17b81f.html

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham didn't directly confirm President Donald Trump's use of the term "shithole countries" but did say Friday that he made his feelings known to the president about something negative he'd uttered.


Turns out Graham was just projecting.

Image
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 12600
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
WildCat wrote:Fun fact: Norwegians emigrated to the USA at a rate 42.8 times greater than Americans moved to Norway in 2016, 21.4/100,00 vs. .5/100,000.

I guess they haven't heard the USA is a shithole.


Actual Norwegians, or Muslims passing through?
'
Highly unlikely that it's Muslims passing through, since they'd be the ones most helped by Norway's massive social safety net. Far more likely it's the wealthy who are emigrating to escape high taxation.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 66416
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2044 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm

WildCat wrote:Highly unlikely that it's Muslims passing through, since they'd be the ones most helped by Norway's massive social safety net. Far more likely it's the wealthy who are emigrating to escape high taxation.


So it's not a racial thing at all.

Trump wants more immigrants of his own social class.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 12600
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:54 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
WildCat wrote:Highly unlikely that it's Muslims passing through, since they'd be the ones most helped by Norway's massive social safety net. Far more likely it's the wealthy who are emigrating to escape high taxation.


So it's not a racial thing at all.

Trump wants more immigrants of his own social class.

He wants immigrants with education and skills appropriate to our economy in the 21st century. You seem to be stuck in the past, the reality is importing millions of "poor, huddled masses" is likely to result only in more poor people and more poverty. And poor people tend to have children who are also poor.

It's not 1900 any more Abdul.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 66416
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2044 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Yadda.

Tax shelterers are unproductive parasites too.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
ed
Posts: 30998
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps
Has thanked: 361 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby ed » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:19 pm

Watch that, buddy. :x :x :x :x :x :x
- new minimalist ethos -

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 66416
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2044 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:50 pm

The best immigrants are ambitious bourgeoisie, not rich bastards. :p
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 12600
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Yadda.

Tax shelterers are unproductive parasites too.

Anything to say about what I said, or is that uncomfortable so you're changing the subject?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 66416
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2044 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm

OK.

You refuted an argument I did not make.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 12600
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:OK.

You refuted an argument I did not make.

Is your argument really that Trump only wants billionaires to immigrate here?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 66416
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 2044 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Trump himself is a hypocrite on this issue, but that doesn't affect the real argument either way.

Go back before that bit and read what I said.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 12600
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Trump himself is a hypocrite on this issue, but that doesn't affect the real argument either way.

Go back before that bit and read what I said.

You didn't really say anything as far as I can tell, just hint at various conspiracy theories.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 9349
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Skeeve » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:04 am

WildCat wrote:Fun fact: Norwegians emigrated to the USA at a rate 42.8 times greater than Americans moved to Norway in 2016, 21.4/100,00 vs. .5/100,000.

I guess they haven't heard the USA is a shithole.


Only parts of the US (like parts of CA) are truly shit holes WildCat.

Was there a demographic or racial breakdown of that data?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 19413
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 1145 times
Been thanked: 898 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby Anaxagoras » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:59 pm

WildCat wrote:Fun fact: Norwegians emigrated to the USA at a rate 42.8 times greater than Americans moved to Norway in 2016, 21.4/100,00 vs. .5/100,000.

I guess they haven't heard the USA is a shithole.



As a percentage of each country's population. In absolute numbers though, more Americans moved to Norway.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Emigration from Norway to the U.S. hit its peak in 1882 when almost 29,000 mostly poor Norwegians crossed the Atlantic. In 2016, however, only 1,114 Norwegians moved to the U.S., while 1,603 Americans moved to Norway.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 12600
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 220 times

Re: Another Trump Victory

Postby WildCat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:26 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:
WildCat wrote:Fun fact: Norwegians emigrated to the USA at a rate 42.8 times greater than Americans moved to Norway in 2016, 21.4/100,00 vs. .5/100,000.

I guess they haven't heard the USA is a shithole.



As a percentage of each country's population. In absolute numbers though, more Americans moved to Norway.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Emigration from Norway to the U.S. hit its peak in 1882 when almost 29,000 mostly poor Norwegians crossed the Atlantic. In 2016, however, only 1,114 Norwegians moved to the U.S., while 1,603 Americans moved to Norway.

That's where I got my numbers from. Absolute numbers are meaningless when the USA has 60 times the population of Norway.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj


Return to “Politics & Social Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bill Gates [Der Bingle], CCBot [Bot] and 0 guests