Yes, It is ALL Fakenews

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
gnome

Re: Yes, It is ALL Fakenews

Post by gnome » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Think I'll try it and post my experience. Interesting idea.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:09 pm

gnome wrote:Think I'll try it and post my experience. Interesting idea.
Thank you, I respect the fact you are even thinking about doing this.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:00 pm

Lets hear it for CNN....

Lights,
Camera,
AstroTurf!
Then Skank Of America could start in...

gnome

Post by gnome » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:30 pm

Love how the comments start in about crisis actors and sandy hook...

What am I looking at? Give me the tl;dr version besides what it looks like, that demonstrators are posing for a camera op.
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:03 am

corplinx wrote:Steve Bannon Shadow President was a serious story even though he was apparently a token for the Mercer money.

And they all knew it.

It's a lie of omission to not mention the bogus story yourself when it's the "narrative of the week" for the sake of calling BS on it. So just because they chose not to run the narrative doesn't mean they are guiltless.

So yes, It's all Fakenews.

It's Fake until Proven Correct. There is no assumption of credibility anywhere in the news-sphere except for maybe The Intercept for me now. They are leftists, they admit it, they admit their skew, but when they aren't spouting opinion at least they have a real goddamn source.
I note that the narrative has changed though. It used to be that these sources were fictional and reporters were making it all up. Now Sloppy Steve was the leaker. Or one of the biggest leakers. Eventually he was fired because he got too sloppy. To say that he never had any influence is also a lie.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Grammatron

Post by Grammatron » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:06 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
corplinx wrote:Steve Bannon Shadow President was a serious story even though he was apparently a token for the Mercer money.

And they all knew it.

It's a lie of omission to not mention the bogus story yourself when it's the "narrative of the week" for the sake of calling BS on it. So just because they chose not to run the narrative doesn't mean they are guiltless.

So yes, It's all Fakenews.

It's Fake until Proven Correct. There is no assumption of credibility anywhere in the news-sphere except for maybe The Intercept for me now. They are leftists, they admit it, they admit their skew, but when they aren't spouting opinion at least they have a real goddamn source.
I note that the narrative has changed though. It used to be that these sources were fictional and reporters were making it all up. Now Sloppy Steve was the leaker. Or one of the biggest leakers. Eventually he was fired because he got too sloppy. To say that he never had any influence is also a lie.
Like the leaked information about Rex getting fired?

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:12 am

Grammatron wrote:
Like the leaked information about Rex getting fired?
I doubt he's the source for that one. He was already out when the Tillerson rumors were reported.

There are other leakers too.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:58 am

Meanwhile, Tom Brady is upset he has not won a team award that does not exist.

What?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Bill Belichick 'sees an opening' to coach Giants and might take it amid Patriots drama: source :hyper:
Can Bill Belichick, yes Bill Belichick, be the next coach of the Giants? With a report of turmoil in New England involving him, Tom Brady and Robert Kraft, it certainly seems feasible.

“I’m sure Bill knows this is his last chance to be the Giants coach,” a source close to Belichick said Friday. “Bill sees an opening — an opening to get to the Giants.”

The source has not spoken to Belichick since the story came out, but is very familiar with The Hoodie’s desire to coach the Giants.

The source also said he’s not certain if the reported friction and tension in New England will prompt Belichick to force his way out, but if he does, he said he is certain, “The Giants are the only place he wants to be.”

John Mara, Steve Tisch and Dave Gettleman must work their contacts to find out if Belichick wants the Giants head coaching job after explosive details emerged Friday in an ESPN story of a fracture in the relationship between Belichick on one side and Tom Brady and Robert Kraft on the other.
:wedgie:
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:08 pm

. . . while I am waiting to see if Mila Kunis beats Margot Robbie in the Tiger Pit to see who gets to rub lotion into my skin.

The delicious tears of New York fans.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

AL Champions!!!

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm

Fwiw, The Gorilla Channel wasn't in Wolff's book, it was a Twitter hoax:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... ols-1000s/
With off-the-charts anticipation over the release of a tell-all book about President Donald Trump, the Twittersphere was primed for a classic hoax. The Twitter account @pixelatedboat delivered.

"Wow, this extract from Wolff’s book is a shocking insight into Trump’s mind," the prankster said Jan. 4, adding what looked like a picture of a section of the book.

"On his first night in the White House, President Trump complained that the TV in his bedroom was broken, because it didn’t have ‘the gorilla channel’," the faux excerpt began. "To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump’s bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn."
William Shakespeare

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:53 pm

I want there to be a gorilla channel. :evil:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Witness

Post by Witness » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:I want there to be a gorilla channel. :evil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InKcuC4fK78

:mrgreen:

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Witness wrote:
Abdul Alhazred wrote:I want there to be a gorilla channel. :evil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InKcuC4fK78

:mrgreen:
Thank you.

The most interesting bit is where the forest ranger (a Congolese who grew up as a hunter gatherer) explains that he'd never seen a gorilla until he got his job.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:40 pm

The gorilla channel is a hilarious exercise in confirmation bias. 4chan shamed the "cable news entertainment" portion of the country. I wasn't aware of the gorilla channel until last night when I had some idle time.

Btw, as far as FakeNews goes, it works two ways. Our President is a giant shit talker who steers them by the nose with his twitter feed (sadly).

Scott Adams talks about the recent "stable genius" debacle (part of the "high school drama" thing I talked about) which I did not take part in. Scott talks about it the way we should be talking about these things. In terms of how the populace at large perceives things and how the different factions try to steer public opinion through memetics.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YqJDLENMgoJV

It kind of goes back to the "DARK" meme that suddenly popped up overnight in every beltway news source about Trump when it was apparent everyone was on the same mailing list and got the same notes the same day. Organized conspiracy, no. Lazy beltway circlejerk and "tell the hicks what to think" arrogance, yes.

Watch the video, trust me. We should be talking like we're behind the curtain and not being led by the projected Oz.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:Fwiw, The Gorilla Channel wasn't in Wolff's book, it was a Twitter hoax:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... ols-1000s/
With off-the-charts anticipation over the release of a tell-all book about President Donald Trump, the Twittersphere was primed for a classic hoax. The Twitter account @pixelatedboat delivered.

"Wow, this extract from Wolff’s book is a shocking insight into Trump’s mind," the prankster said Jan. 4, adding what looked like a picture of a section of the book.

"On his first night in the White House, President Trump complained that the TV in his bedroom was broken, because it didn’t have ‘the gorilla channel’," the faux excerpt began. "To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump’s bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn."
They should have said he was talking about BET to really feed the TDS narrative. 5/10
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 pm

So who's going to start a petition/GoFundMe/Kickstarter to make The Gorilla Channel a real thing.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:17 pm

After a hunter gets struck blind on the road to Damascus.

--J.D.

AL Champions!!!

Witness

Post by Witness » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:40 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:The most interesting bit is where the forest ranger (a Congolese who grew up as a hunter gatherer) explains that he'd never seen a gorilla until he got his job.
That, and the fact that bushmeat is considered a delicacy. (Just hope they cook it long enough…)

Doctor X

Post by Doctor X » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:39 am

2018 The Year It All Going To Fall Into Place, Delusional Sources Report
WASHINGTON—Fooling themselves into believing things were going to be turning around, delusional sources reported Friday that 2018 will be the year it’s all going to fall into place. “No ifs, ands, or buts about it, everything is finally going to come together in 2018,” said Liam Thomas of Margate, FL, echoing the sentiments of others nationwide who had also completely lost touch with reality and had absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support their optimistic claims. “I just know that things are going to start happening for me. I laid the groundwork in 2017, but 2018 is when my career’s gonna take off, I’ll start eating right, and I might even meet that special someone. Yeah, it’s going to be great.” At press time, sources had already reportedly decided not to make the same mistakes in 2019.

USA Number One Trusted News Source without "Tits on Every Show!"
--J.D.

AL Champions!!!