Yes, It is ALL Fakenews

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Yes, It is ALL Fakenews

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:16 am

Witness wrote:That, and the fact that bushmeat is considered a delicacy. (Just hope they cook it long enough…)

At least the French (in France) truffle it and discreetly call it something else.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:36 pm

Talk about fake news, this story sets the bar even lower: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
President Donald Trump says he's a genius. Sometimes people even say it for him.

"You're an F-ing genius," someone wrote to him on Twitter in 2013. "I.Q. tests confirm!" Trump replied. In fact, he wrote this weekend, his lifetime of success in business, TV and politics "would qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"

He's been less enthusiastic about providing evidence of his intelligence.

Trump has repeatedly challenged people to IQ tests, but when someone once asked him to prove his own score, he simply replied: "The highest, a-hole!" The Washington Post asked the White House if it would share his IQ test results on Sunday, if there are any, but got no immediate reply.

So be it. There's no law that a president has to document his intelligence. But if Trump doesn't, he should know that someone might come along and try to measure it for him.

It's happened before.

In 2006, a psychologist at the University of California at Davis applied a statistical algorithm to reams of presidential biographies, surveys, polls and other historical sources, and concluded that the smartest man to have ever occupied the White House was our sixth president, John Quincy Adams. (Talk about peaking early.)

With an estimated IQ between 165 and 175, Adams was a genius by any common definition of the term, according to the study. By comparison, most people score about 100. (A child with an IQ in the 160s was declared smarter than Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking by international tabloids.)

There are, of course, many asterisks beside Adams's big number. He never took an intelligence test, which Politico notes were not invented until the early 1900s, long after his death. And the definition and meaning of an IQ has evolved even since then.

But as psychologist Dean Keith Simonton wrote in his 2006 study, Adams was among eight U.S. presidents declared geniuses in a 1926 study by an early intelligence researcher named Catharine Cox. She had sifted through the biographies of hundreds of famous people and worked out a method to estimate IQs based on childhood and adolescent achievements.

Does that even rise to the level of junk science?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

gnome

Postby gnome » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:39 pm

For me the news is that Donald Trump views relative IQ scores as yet another dick-size contest, and will declare himself the winner without actually reviewing any results.

Is that fake?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:25 am

its like Scott Adams pointed out

He took the steam out of that stupid book and instead got people debating his level of genius.

The influence game is a fun one to watch.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:46 am

Still:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYabrQrXt4A

What I like about that scene which does not show up well in that short clip so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Weaop_aiTg

at 1:05 after he screams at Michael his face immediately turns back to being a scared mouse. Wonderful actor who died far too young.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.

Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Witness

Postby Witness » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:44 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:At least the French (in France) truffle it and discreetly call it something else.
Hmmm… Never seen a recipe truffles + venison, but only with "tame" ingredients. That would be something for morels, boletus, &c.

Got me thinking. Image

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:26 am

The Shitlord in Chief held a working session with congressional dems and republicans today on DACA. He was serious the whole time and acted as a dealmaker just trying to get the conversation started and everyone on the same page. At the end, he let them know that the ball was in their court and he would sign whatever bill he received.

So The Very Stable Genius basically acted like an adult for hour and ruined all the FakeNews narratives about him suffering him dementia or being insane.

Very Stable Genius indeed. Kek.

I am amused by him although I can not support him.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 am

The thing is this.

Let us stipulate that DACA is desirable. Let us further stipulate that Obama was correct in saying there was an emergency that required selective enforcement by executive order right that minute.

That stipulated,in the long run isn't having a law with its provisions spelled out preferable to selective enforcement by executive order forever?

So Trump is doing what Obama should have done from a Democrat pro-immigration point of view.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:01 am

Book review of Fire & Fury by Isaac Chotiner in Slate:

Fire and Flimsy -- Fire and Fury’s shoddy journalism manages to indict both Wolff’s tactics and the whole media ecosystem around him

Since Fire and Fury’s thunderous debut last week, much ink has been spilled over Wolff’s small errors, the unbelievability of several of the stories he relates, and his general character as a journalist. These critiques are all essentially correct: He has been known to make lazy mistakes; he tells stories that prompt eye-rolls because something about them just doesn’t ring true. Yet Fire and Fury is a much worse book than any of these criticisms suggest. Wolff is not merely out of his depth—he frequently seems confused by even basic matters of political ideology—but he also rather starkly displays all the problems with writing palace-intrigue stories about dishonest and unscrupulous people. Another throughline of the book—that the media has abysmally failed to cover Trump fairly or adequately—is correct, but not in the way he thinks. The starkest sign of a rotten media ecosystem is that a book this flimsy and dubious could dominate the news cycle.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 am

The idiot just had to write a book that the Anti-Trumpsters wanted.

He went too far.

Thought he was Roger Goodell.

In the rain.

--J.D.
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron

ImageWS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! ImageStanley Cup!Image SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!! Image

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:08 am

I'm sure his top priority was to sell as many books as possible and get as much attention as possible, not to please fussy fact-checkers.
In that, he succeeded. He does write for The Hollywood Reporter after all, not The New York Times.
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:44 am

Oh I am sure he is laughing all the way to the proverbial fucking bank that fucks.

Though it may be the last book he writes that is taken seriously.

I condemn him because "he fucked up a sandwich." There is a very, very large population that wants to believe Trump is insane, a racist, in the pocket of Putin, all of that. He had an audience a Cunt Coulter or Al "I Get to Do This" Franken could only dream about. By proving so inept, he became a joke.

I compare it to Shattered that nicely described how It's My Time & Co. failed miserably. Certainly the Anyone but Hillary Crowd would love that. It succeeded because it did not "make things up." It does not claim Hillary and Some Slob are "meeting in secret" when it is easily proven that both were in different fucking states at the time!

Compare it to the most hilarious gaff in publishing history since some printers forgot to include some "nots" in their version of the Decalogue:
Dude, I would vote FOR her if she had the balls to write a book titled that. Why not? Seriously! She could buy another server with the profits from it.

Too soon?

Now, she had a St. Peyton of "I Won This Game as a Team" Manning approach to her failure, but, as far as I know, she did not make up events. Her "sources" did not all come out repudiating her descriptions.

This idiot? He is SO bad, I am expecting Chuckles Schumer and The Crypt Keeper to claim TRUMP was behind the book to distract us from Russia-gate, Deflate-gate, and even GrammyBandwagonerGate.

In the rain.

--J.D.

gnome

Postby gnome » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:23 am

corplinx wrote:its like Scott Adams pointed out

He took the steam out of that stupid book and instead got people debating his level of genius.

The influence game is a fun one to watch.

Are the results distinguishable from how it would turn out if he was not secretly clever?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:13 am

Doctor X wrote:Meanwhile, Tom Brady is upset he has not won a team award that does not exist.

What?

--J.D.

Is this what you meant?

Tom Brady was reportedly bitter about not receiving 'Patriot of the Week' honors despite his MVP-caliber season

Tom Brady reportedly feels slighted for not being recognized as "Patriot of the Week" at any point during the 2017 season.
The story comes from Seth Wickersham's bombshell report on tensions within the New England Patriots franchise.
Brady will have a few more chances to win the award as New England begins their campaign for their second straight Super Bowl championship.

Tom Brady is likely the most accomplished quarterback in NFL history, and has already proven himself to be the greatest quarterback to ever play the game.

But even with all of his unmatched accolades, Brady was still reportedly angry this year for never receiving what amounts to be a pretty trivial title — that of "Patriot of the Week," an honor bestowed by head coach Bill Belichick — despite leading the race for league MVP.

The story comes from Seth Wickersham's blockbuster report on the most dominant franchise in football, which revealed many of the rising tensions among Patriots leadership.

"Patriots staffers have noticed that, this year more than ever, he seems to volley between unwavering confidence and driving insecurity. Brady has noted to staff a few times this year that, no matter how many game-changing throws he makes, Belichick hasn't awarded him Patriot of the Week all year."

It's a bit shocking to think that a man who has won two MVPs, four Super Bowl MVPs, and been named to 13 Pro Bowls would feel stiffed for not receiving what amounts to the football equivalent of "Employee of the Month," but apparently Brady feels overlooked by the lack of recognition.

Tell it to Gisele, Tom. Tell it to Gisele. :freedom:
William Shakespeare

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

Anaxagoras wrote:Tell it to Gisele, Tom. Tell it to Gisele. :freedom:

:meananim:

Though why does a Brazilian shave girl have a Kraut German name?

I am not saying she is a Nazi

I am just asking questions!

Notice how she raises her arm!11!!!

--J.D.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 am

They start them young Anax!

--J.D.

Doctor X

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:33 am

Ice cream, Anax!

Children's ice cream!

--J.D.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:I'm sure his top priority was to sell as many books as possible and get as much attention as possible, not to please fussy fact-checkers.
In that, he succeeded. He does write for The Hollywood Reporter after all, not The New York Times.

With a couple of word changes that I am too lazy to make this applies perfectly to Trump.
- new minimalist ethos -

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”