Trump Derangement Syndrome

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by RCC: Act II » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 pm
RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm
Like I said, if I were building a case to impeach or imprison Trump, Treason would be at the end of both. For impeachment, the enolument clause would be the best place to start as to more technical grounds rather than political. For imprisonment, obstruction.

Those strike me as the lowest hanging fruits.
There's already an emolument working its way through courts
Ergo, probably easier to prove than treason.

User avatar
Grammatron
Posts: 33645
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:21 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Been thanked: 1760 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by Grammatron » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 pm
Grammatron wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 pm
RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm
Like I said, if I were building a case to impeach or imprison Trump, Treason would be at the end of both. For impeachment, the enolument clause would be the best place to start as to more technical grounds rather than political. For imprisonment, obstruction.

Those strike me as the lowest hanging fruits.
There's already an emolument working its way through courts
Ergo, probably easier to prove than treason.
Maybe, but one case has already been dismissed and judge pointing to congress as the body that decides on this matter.

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by RCC: Act II » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 pm

xouper wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 pm
RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm
. . . For impeachment, the enolument clause would be the best place to start as to more technical grounds rather than political. For imprisonment, obstruction.
Please explain your case against Trump on those two allegations.
me wrote:Like I said, if I were building a case

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by RCC: Act II » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:07 pm

Grammatron wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 pm
RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 pm
Grammatron wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 pm
RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm
Like I said, if I were building a case to impeach or imprison Trump, Treason would be at the end of both. For impeachment, the enolument clause would be the best place to start as to more technical grounds rather than political. For imprisonment, obstruction.

Those strike me as the lowest hanging fruits.
There's already an emolument working its way through courts
Ergo, probably easier to prove than treason.
Maybe, but one case has already been dismissed and judge pointing to congress as the body that decides on this matter.
JULY 25, 2018 / 1:05 PM / 6 DAYS AGO
Emoluments case alleging Trump violated Constitution can proceed: U.S. judge
link

Even without that, I specified the enolument was grounds for impeachment, which is, yes, ultimately a matter for congress.

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8965
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by xouper » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:19 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:03 pm
xouper wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:25 pm
RCC: Act II wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:11 pm
. . . For impeachment, the enolument clause would be the best place to start as to more technical grounds rather than political. For imprisonment, obstruction.
Please explain your case against Trump on those two allegations.
me wrote:Like I said, if I were building a case
OK, I'm fine with that answer. Thanks for clarifying that you were just offering a personal conjecture, not an actual legal argument.

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 14100
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 364 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by WildCat » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 am

The emoluments clause truthers are especially loony. By their theory no sitting President could ever have a business that has foreigners as customers.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33433
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 460 times
Been thanked: 788 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by ed » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am

I trust that the Trump resisters and proponents of charges of treason etc etc will remember that what goes round, comes round.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10544
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by Skeeve » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:35 pm
corplinx wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:32 pm
They [CNN] know it's bullshit ...
Yes.
... they're just deranged walking around shouting treason at clouds.
No.

I get the sense they still believe they can control public opinion.

Which may be delusional, but it's not TDS.
Question for you Abdul: How do you define Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33433
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 460 times
Been thanked: 788 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by ed » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Let me try:

-An immediate assumption that anything that Trump or one of his supporters do or says is evil in intent and in outcome
-A hyper sensitivity to events that might, in some implausible way, relate to Trump or one of his supporters then (1), above
-A visceral and immediate demonstration, visual or aural or, preferably both,of massive disapproval whenever the name "Trump" is heard or seen
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:06 pm

WildCat wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 am
The emoluments clause truthers are especially loony. By their theory no sitting President could ever have a business that has foreigners as customers.
He shouldn't, and up until now it hasn't been an issue because every modern sitting president has taken measures to either divest business interests or place them in a blind trust. Carter gave up a peanut farm because that was seen as a possible conflict of interest.

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm

ed wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am
I trust that the Trump resisters and proponents of charges of treason etc etc will remember that what goes round, comes round.
Yeah. Maybe in response the GOP will do something really crazy and push for impeachment of a Dem President based on non-material misleading testimony in a civil case having nothing directly to do with the presidency.

Anyone who worries about making Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 14100
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 364 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by WildCat » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:55 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:06 pm
WildCat wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 am
The emoluments clause truthers are especially loony. By their theory no sitting President could ever have a business that has foreigners as customers.
He shouldn't, and up until now it hasn't been an issue because every modern sitting president has taken measures to either divest business interests or place them in a blind trust. Carter gave up a peanut farm because that was seen as a possible conflict of interest.
How do you place a busines you started abd you own that bears your name in a blind trust?

It's a stupid theory.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 20267
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 679 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by corplinx » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:00 pm

If there is 4.1 growth and you are muttering the word Russia you might have TDS.

If you talk about impeachment and the subject isn't history you might have TDS.

If you call Ivanka a feckless cunt because she posts a family photo on twitter you might have TDS.

If you dog whistle for violence against others via the term "resistance" because you are butthurt over losing you might have TDS.

It's sort of like the Jeff Foxworthy joke except it's less funny.

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8965
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:03 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm
Anyone who worries about making Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.
Anyone who worries about making anti-Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8965
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Skeeve wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm
Question for you Abdul: How do you define Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Image

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:17 pm

xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:03 pm
RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm
Anyone who worries about making Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.
Anyone who worries about making anti-Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.
Unfortunately, most anti-Trumpers are way to naive to accept the point I made, so your point might not quite hold water.

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by RCC: Act II » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:21 pm

xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:06 pm
Skeeve wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm
Question for you Abdul: How do you define Trump Derangement Syndrome?
Image
It is telling that the guy is pleased with himself.

Doing something you know that will make someone angry for no reason but to see them explode is far worse behavior than being angry.

I mean, unless it is a friend. That's good stuff. At least in moderation.

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8965
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:21 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm
Anyone who worries about making Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.
xouper wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:03 pm
Anyone who worries about making anti-Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.
RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:17 pm
Unfortunately, most anti-Trumpers are way to naive to accept the point I made, so your point might not quite hold water.
Unfortunately, most anti-Trumpers are way to naive to accept the point I made, so your point might not quite hold water.

User avatar
ed
Posts: 33433
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:52 pm
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp
Has thanked: 460 times
Been thanked: 788 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by ed » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:31 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 pm
ed wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:17 am
I trust that the Trump resisters and proponents of charges of treason etc etc will remember that what goes round, comes round.
Yeah. Maybe in response the GOP will do something really crazy and push for impeachment of a Dem President based on non-material misleading testimony in a civil case having nothing directly to do with the presidency.

Anyone who worries about making Trumpers mad is a fool. They are going to be as dirty and nasty as possible no matter what happens.
You miss the point entirely.

This goes beyond MAGA types, this is making undecideds wonder about the anti-trumpers. And to the extent that they are not disavowed by the dem leadership, the democratic party generally.
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

User avatar
xouper
Posts: 8965
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:52 am
Location: HockeyTown USA
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Trump Derangement Syndrome

Post by xouper » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:32 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:21 pm
It is telling that the guy is pleased with himself.

Doing something you know that will make someone angry for no reason but to see them explode is far worse behavior than being angry.
I disagree with your characterization of motive. Far from having "no reason", he had a very good reason.

His primary motive is to show by example what Trump Derangement Syndrome looks like, for those who want to understand what TDS is. The fact that her head explodes is an unfortunate but necessary part of how he answers the question what is Trump Derangement Syndrome.