Worldwide shitholes

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Worldwide shitholes

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 pm

https://stronglang.wordpress.com/2018/0 ... the-world/
Donald the Trump has yet again opened his cakehole and gifted us – and especially lexicographers – with another citable instance of vulgarity. Naturally, his ass-mouth made headlines around the world when he said “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?” And naturally, this shit has to be reported on in other languages. So what do you do when you’re writing in another language and trying to translate shithole countries effectively?
But no one can quite top the Croatians for this. It’s not that their best word translates exactly to shithole or Bumfuck nowhere. It almost does it better (although Google Translate does render it as ‘shithole’). It’s vukojebina, and it means ‘the place wolves fuck’ – or, if we were to make a real equivalent English place name, something like Wolffuckington or Wolf-fuck-ville. (Birds may not lay eggs there and dogs may not shit there, but the wolves? They get busy.) And Croatia’s Express features that word in its headline.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamp

Re: Worldwide shitholes

Post by ed » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:46 pm

vukojebina, vukojebina

one can conjure with that word
Wenn ich Kultur höre, entsichere ich meinen Browning!

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 pm

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... re/550472/
Great Moments in 'Shithole' Literature
A 1629 manuscript containing the first-known use of the term can be found at the Bodleian Library in Oxford.
The very first known use of shithole in English print literature appears in a remarkable manuscript held at the Bodleian Library in Oxford. The manuscript, titled Liber Lilliati, contains bawdy verse written by the cathedral musician John Lilliat some time before his death in 1629.
Ten tuff Turds did I tosse in thi teeth that I troinst from my tuch hole,

Nine nickinge nockes did I nicke on thi nose that I neisde from my narshole:

Fiue flushing fartes did I flap in thi face that I flunge from my fisthole,

Six shitten shotes did I shoote in thy mowth that I shot from my shithole.

finis.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 pm

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... re/550472/
Great Moments in 'Shithole' Literature
A 1629 manuscript containing the first-known use of the term can be found at the Bodleian Library in Oxford.
The very first known use of shithole in English print literature appears in a remarkable manuscript held at the Bodleian Library in Oxford. The manuscript, titled Liber Lilliati, contains bawdy verse written by the cathedral musician John Lilliat some time before his death in 1629.
Ten tuff Turds did I tosse in thi teeth that I troinst from my tuch hole,

Nine nickinge nockes did I nicke on thi nose that I neisde from my narshole:

Fiue flushing fartes did I flap in thi face that I flunge from my fisthole,

Six shitten shotes did I shoote in thy mowth that I shot from my shithole.

finis.

Boss Paul
Title: Boss

Post by Boss Paul » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Double postin' Pyrrho?!
Get the wax outta your ears!

You call the Captain "Captain!"

And you call the rest of us "Boss," you hear?!

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Need a new mouse here, Boss.

Or a Mac.

shemp
Title: gnat

Post by shemp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:57 pm

Boss Paul wrote:Double postin' Pyrrho?!
Why don't you give him a night in the box, you swamp rat gator-fucker?
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Nyarlathotep

Post by Nyarlathotep » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:47 pm

The whole damned world is a shithole. It's all a matter of specifics and degree
Bango Skank Awaits The Crimson King!

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:35 pm

So basically he just won 2020.

CNN today ran a DAMNING REPORT about how Republicans aren't OUTRAGED by the rumor that Trump called something... maybe Haiti... maybe all of Africa... (fakenews is funny) a SHITHOLE.

Well... everyone I know has called some third world country a shithole at some point. They only outraged people are the media and the bitter hillary voter remnant. The average joe just said "FINALLY a president that talks like me".

This is the disconnect between the press and the rest of us right now.

Nobody gives a shit about this. Him calling Haiti (supposedly, or some other country) a shithole in a _private_ closed door meeting doesn't give gays better treatment under the law, doesn't decriminalize marijuana further, doesn't reduce our fighting overseas, etc, etc.

It's Bullshit News vs FakeNews (which it might be). It's the High School Drama version of news. And for Trump supporters and swing voters, it's a big "So what?"

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:49 pm

• Where the the wolf fucks, there fuck I ...
    -- William Shakespeare
:BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

shemp
Title: gnat

Post by shemp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 pm

corplinx wrote:So basically he just won 2020.

CNN today ran a DAMNING REPORT about how Republicans aren't OUTRAGED by the rumor that Trump called something... maybe Haiti... maybe all of Africa... (fakenews is funny) a SHITHOLE.

Well... everyone I know has called some third world country a shithole at some point. They only outraged people are the media and the bitter hillary voter remnant. The average joe just said "FINALLY a president that talks like me".

Nobody gives a shit about this. Him calling Haiti (supposedly, or some other country) a shithole in a _private_ closed door meeting doesn't give gays better treatment under the law, doesn't decriminalize marijuana further, doesn't reduce our fighting overseas, etc, etc.

It's Bullshit News vs FakeNews (which it might be). It's the High School Drama version of news. And for Trump supporters and swing voters, it's a big "So what?"
Don't you have some medication you should be taking at this time of day?
"It is not I who is mad! It is I who is crazy!" -- Ren Hoek

Freedom of choice
Is what you got
Freedom from choice
Is what you want

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Post by Doctor X » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:06 pm

The State Department has been calling shitholes "shitholes" for decades.

--J. "You Live in a Fucking DESERT!" D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

sparks
Location: Friar McWallclocks Bar -- Where time stands still while you lean over!

Post by sparks » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:13 pm

The Media wouldn't be reporting High School Drama if Teh Orange Fucktard and the rest of those shitheels(tm) in DC weren't presenting as pimply faced empty headed miserable little shits who need serious time in solitary confinement followed up by a meat grinder.

With kittens.

And so on.
You can lead them to knowledge, but you can't make them think.

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Post by corplinx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:09 am

sparks wrote:

The Media wouldn't be reporting High School Drama if Teh Orange Fucktard and the rest of those shitheels(tm) in DC weren't presenting as pimply faced empty headed miserable little shits who need serious time in solitary confinement followed up by a meat grinder.

With kittens.

And so on.
you have a good point

This is why I leave it turned off, only reason i know about this is because David Brocks bot army upvoted it on reddit.

A. it's a big "so fucking what"
B. the real problem is supposedly Durbin snitched about something off the cuff which could only serve to sabotage the daca effort and hurt foreign relations. If Trump really did say it, why leak it you fucking retard? You are never going to another closed door meeting again. Dipshit.

Pyrrho

Post by Pyrrho » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:13 am