"Those are kinds of news your honor"

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

"Those are kinds of news your honor"

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:14 am

In honor of Lionel Hutz, I am dedicating this thread. Because the shitshow media is still a shitshow.

Judge: Mr. Hutz w've been in here for four hours. Do you have any evidence at all?
Hutz: Well, Your Honor. We've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.

That was the "shithole" story in a nutshell. There was no story. Just the gossip game. We couldn't even find out for sure which country supposedly the RACIST said it about.

Since this is the new way "news" is reported (you know, versus actual things happening that affect people), I decided to make a thread.

CNN/Fox/NBC/WaPO/CBS: "We've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of news."

First up is the shitburger I see top item when I log into facebook (no doubt boosted by Shareblue).

"Dossier Firm Founder Suspected Alleged Trump Org Money Laundering"

So fucking what? I suspect that guy is a child rapist. Run that story bitches. That isn't fucking news. That guy can have any fucking suspicion he wants. He isn't a fucking FBI agent. His suspicions aren't news.

You might say I suspect the media is the worst it's been since it made up wars.

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: "Those are kinds of news your honor"

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:37 am

corplinx wrote: ... We couldn't even find out for sure which country supposedly the RACIST said it about ...

Trump is a Noo Yawker.

He said it about Noo Jersey. :BigGrin3:
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:39 am

New York City? You mean JEW York City.

Fire and Fury was all about the JOOS took over the white house led by Kuschner.

Which of course... explains why the economy is doing well since they're so good with money.

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:45 am

It is in the JEWnited States!!11!!!1!!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:11 am

The punchline to the example in the OP:

Not only is Fusion uncredible, it was on display. However, the media reported an unfounded suspicion by these same ass-clowns as "news".

"WHY DONT THESE FUCKING HICKS LISTEN TO US? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH KANSAS?!?!"

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:11 am

This is the Golden Age of Bullshit.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

RCC: Act II

Postby RCC: Act II » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:22 pm

Someone claiming that another person said something is not hearsay.

If I say I heard Trump say "my shithole brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours."

It isn't hearsay as to whether Trump indeed said it. It is hearsay as to whether it indeed brings all the boys to the yard.

...the more you know...

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:39 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:Someone claiming that another person said something is not hearsay.

If I say I heard Trump say "my shithole brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours."

It isn't hearsay as to whether Trump indeed said it. It is hearsay as to whether it indeed brings all the boys to the yard.

...the more you know...

I heard someone say another unidentified person said something is hearsay dipshit.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:01 pm

Definition

Broadly, an out-of-court statement offered to prove the truth of whatever it asserts. Hearsay evidence is often inadmissible at trial. However, many exclusions and exceptions exist. Evidence meeting the broad definition may not actually be hearsay under the court's evidence rules. Even hearsay may be admitted if exceptions are met.

Overview

Generally, an out-of-court statement is hearsay if the parties care about whether or not the statement is true. For the purposes of the rule, it does not matter whether the statement was oral or written. Generally speaking, hearsay cannot be used as evidence at trial.

For example, suppose that a witness stopped at the scene of a car crash. At the crash site, an injured driver stumbled up to her and said "Martians caused the accident!" Because of the hearsay rule, the statement cannot be used as evidence that Martians caused the accident. It could, however, be used as evidence that the injured driver was capable of speech after the crash. The rule would also bar the testimony if the injured driver scribbled his message on a scrap of paper and handed it to the witness.

In general, the hearsay rule is motivated by a belief that hearsay is unreliable. There are exceptions to the rule for for particularly reliable statements, and where allowing the evidence advances public policy goals. For example, under Rule 801(d) of the Federal Rules of Evidence, a witness's prior inconsistent statements are not hearsay, due to the public policy goal of avoiding perjury. Similarly, Rule 803(6) of the Federal Rules of Evidence makes an exception to the hearsay rule for business records, because businesses have incentives to keep accurate records.

Hearsay

"RCC wins!"

--J. "FLAWLESS Victory!" D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:35 am

The Trumps' anniversary was Monday, but you wouldn't have known it

Washington (CNN) Donald and Melania Trump marked 13 years of marriage on Monday, but signs of a celebration were conspicuously absent.
In a whirlwind news day focused primarily on the government shutdown, the first couple exchanged no public notes of endearment. The day came and went with no tweets, no Instagrams, no mention of a private dinner on the President's schedule.

Oooh! :wink:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Don't forget! March 8th is World Badger Punting Day!

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:26 pm

Nice Find Anax! You'd think it's the National Enquirer.

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:28 pm

corplinx wrote:Nice Find Anax! You'd think it's the National Enquirer.

The NE has more credibility than CNN these days.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:58 am

DRUMPF ORDERED MUELLLER FIRED!!!!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/us/p ... ussia.html

Source: "4 people told of the matter"

NYT: "We've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of news."

But the damage is done, every other outlet gets to report "The nyt is reporting..." which is technically true when the real point of the story is to relay the gossip.

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Let us suppose that Trump is brought down, Pence makes his peace with the neo-cons (in his own party), and the Democrats in congress (or at least their leadership) are cordially cooperative with him and vice versa.

In short suppose the old bosses win instead of the new boss.

It will never be back to the supposed good old days for the formerly mainstream media.

Politicians will not weep with delight at their smile, nor tremble with fear at their frown. They will never even be able to kid themselves that people believe them.

At best they will merely be accepted as part of the system, as it might be advertising or PR people.

Giz

Postby Giz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:19 pm

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Let us suppose that Trump is brought down, Pence makes his peace with the neo-cons (in his own party), and the Democrats in congress (or at least their leadership) are cordially cooperative with him and vice versa.

In short suppose the old bosses win instead of the new boss.

It will never be back to the supposed good old days for the formerly mainstream media.

Politicians will not weep with delight at their smile, nor tremble with fear at their frown. They will never even be able to kid themselves that people believe them.

At best they will merely be accepted as part of the system, as it might be advertising or PR people.

Are you kidding Abdul? They would be heroes, HEROES! The brave little media who spoke truth to power and brought down the American Hitler. There would be movies starring George Clooney as wolf blitzer. Which no one would go to see (seditious hIcks).

Abdul Alhazred

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:25 pm

Giz wrote:Are you kidding Abdul? They would be heroes, HEROES! The brave little media who spoke truth to power and brought down the American Hitler. There would be movies starring George Clooney as wolf blitzer. Which no one would go to see (seditious hIcks).

That would be their story, but no one would believe it.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:31 pm

George Clooney would make a terrible Wolf Blitzer
Universal Law is for lackeys, context is for kings

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:34 pm

Wolf Blitzer makes a terrible Wolf Blitzer.

(fuckign spell check keeps changing it to wolf blitzed.)
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Don't forget! March 8th is World Badger Punting Day!

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:35 pm

The Hill: Trump lawyers warn him against Mueller interview

follow referral

Trump lawyers warn him against Mueller interview: report

Read article:

"President Trump’s lawyers are urging him to not sit down for an interview with special counsel Robert Mueller, The New York Times reported Monday."

Okay, so we are reporting on a report. Probably credible since the media is so pro. Let's find the Times link.

Lawyers for President Trump have advised him against sitting down for a wide-ranging interview with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, according to four people briefed on the matter

So, it's once again anti-journalism and gives cover to accomplices of the DNC to "report on the report".

Mind you, I think it's probably true. However, why on god's green earth would Trump allow Mueller to interview him anyway? There isn't a lick of evidence Russian collusion, it's all a sham/hoax and nobody has been able to prove otherwise, and to top it off all the kids have already testified. All Trump would do by sitting down with a special prosecutor is open himself up to "GOTCHA!" contradictory statements. It's one of the ways the government gets you when they are really out to get you. That's the missing story. "Effort to unseat sitting president continues."

Which, shouldn't that be the story? Podesta russian strategy still in full swing? Conspiracy theory still chased on tax dime? "Despite zero evidence of any actual meddling whatsoever in any form, collusion investigation ongoing on non-existent meddling."

At least with Obama republicans didn't repeat the disaster of the awful Whitewater "Investigation" of trying to unseat the other guy out of butthurt loss.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:40 pm

corplinx wrote:

At least with Obama republicans didn't repeat the disaster of the awful Whitewater "Investigation" of trying to unseat the other guy out of butthurt loss.

No, they just ran with "Obama's birth certificate is forged and he is actually Kenyan thus not even eligible to be president"
Universal Law is for lackeys, context is for kings

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”