'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Skeeve

'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Postby Skeeve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:35 am

Okay, the full headline reads: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL': #ReleaseTheMemo Trends As Republicans Call For Releasing 'SHOCKING' Classified Memo Showing 'FISA Abuses' In Russian Collusion Investigation

On Thursday, Republican members of the House took to Twitter to call for the release of a classified intelligence memo they say could blow the lid off the Russian collusion investigation.

House Intelligence Committee Republicans voted to make a classified report on FISA abuse available to House members, who could read the report behind closed doors. Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) appeared on Fox Business Network, where he stated that the memo challenged “the very foundations of democracy,” adding, “if the American people knew what was happening if they saw the contents of this memo, a lot would become clear about the information that I’ve been talking about the last several months.” The memo concerns the Obama FBI, Department of Justice, and then-candidate Trump.

Gaetz added, “I think that this will not end just with firings. I believe there are people who will go to jail. You don’t get to try to undermine our country, undermine our elections, and then simply get fired.”

Rep. Mark Meadows (R-NC) stated, “I viewed the classified report from House Intel relating to the FBI, FISA abuses, the infamous Russian dossier, and so-called ‘Russian collusion.’ What I saw is absolutely shocking.”

Shocked politicians are about a dime a dozen now a days...so, we'll see.
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Doctor X
Title: Collective Messiah

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:15 am

If they advocate the torture and murder of U.S. servicemen?

Possibly.

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!

Mentat

Postby Mentat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:48 am

That, or they are really worried about what the saw, and are trying to preemptively poison the well.
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:04 am

Someone probably wrote a recipe with too many onions in the sauce.

Politician bloviates and hyperventilates on tabloid TV. Shocking.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Tommy D
Title: Real Funny Guy

Postby Tommy D » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:57 am

He didn't put too many onions in the sauce you stuttering prick!

His sauce would blow your mind!
What's really funny is . . . the fucking bank job away in Secaucus . . . I'm in the middle of the fucking weeds!

gnome

Postby gnome » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 pm

I'd be happy for any credible info to come to light. The use of our intelligence services needs accountability as much as our leaders do, so why not both?
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight! Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little bit more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it, and then he perfected it so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor. Then, he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on earth, and then he herded them onto a boat, and then he beat the crap out of every single one. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo! (Beat) Unless it's a farm!"
--Soldier, TF2

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:16 pm

As I said, this is far, far worse than Watergate if true. And so far all evidence points to it being true.

Every single Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee voted to keep this memo secret from the rest of the House. This memo, and in fact the whole mess of documents the FBI has been trying to hide for 5 months, should be declassified and made available for everyone to see. Let the people see what their FBI and spy agencies have been up to.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:16 pm

We knew that Obama approved a FISA warrant to spy on people who were communicating with some Trump people. That, naturally, opened the door to spying on the Trump people.

Funny how with Trump in bed with the russians, the democrats voted to extend the FISA thing ...

But anyway, what is it that they allege is actually in this memo?
- new minimalist ethos -

RCC: Act II

Postby RCC: Act II » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:30 pm

ed wrote:We knew that Obama approved a FISA warrant to spy on people...

lol

corplinx
Title: Moderator

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 pm

The soft coup was a confederacy of dunces all thinking they were acting alone.

When Bill Clinton overturned the apple cart, the reagan era deep state and the salty remnant went into all that whitewater waste of money/time.

Now Trump overturned the apple cart and both sides of the deep state had people who felt like "I have to do something, ITS HITLER". So while you may have had a collective groupthink that allowed for stupid things to occur and be approved, but anyone expecting an _organized_ conspiracy will be sadly disappointed.

WildCat

Postby WildCat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:37 pm

corplinx wrote:The soft coup was a confederacy of dunces all thinking they were acting alone.

When Bill Clinton overturned the apple cart, the reagan era deep state and the salty remnant went into all that whitewater waste of money/time.

Now Trump overturned the apple cart and both sides of the deep state had people who felt like "I have to do something, ITS HITLER". So while you may have had a collective groupthink that allowed for stupid things to occur and be approved, but anyone expecting an _organized_ conspiracy will be sadly disappointed.

If a "conspiracy of dunces" can spy on a Presidential campaign, without any knowledge from higher-ups, then the entire system is broken.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 pm

they spy on so many people all the time, its not even an event

now you know why all those "constitution huggers" from the left (Intercept) and LIBERTOPIA (reason) and ANTI_CHRISTIANS (aclu) hate the current surveillance rules.

Nyarlathotep

Postby Nyarlathotep » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:10 pm

The entire system is broken and has been for a long time. It is not getting fixed either.

Frankly, I don't think anyone really wants to fix it. And I have no idea how they could if they did.
Universal Law is for lackeys, context is for kings

Anaxagoras

Postby Anaxagoras » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:47 pm

ed wrote:We knew that Obama approved a FISA warrant

That part is already wrong. FISA warrants are approved by a judge. And the FBI generally does things on their own initiative, not because the president ordered them to. The president nominates an FBI director, but the FBI director isn't supposed to just follow orders from the president, he's responsible for running the FBI and making decisions.

to spy on people who were communicating with some Trump people. That, naturally, opened the door to spying on the Trump people.

Funny how with Trump in bed with the russians, the democrats voted to extend the FISA thing ...

Hard to say exactly because it's still classified. But here's what both Republicans and Democrats are saying:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... lance-memo

“I’m here to tell all of a America tonight that I’m shocked to read exactly what has taken place,” Meadows (R-N.C.) said in a speech on the House floor.
“I thought it could never happen in a country that loves freedom and democracy like this country. It is time that we become transparent with all of this, and I’m calling on our leadership to make this available so all Americans can judge for themselves.”
Nunes could call for a vote to release the report on his panel. If a majority on the committee agrees to declassify the report, the executive branch would then need to sign-off to make it public, said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), another Freedom Caucus member.

“It is so alarming the American people have to see this,” Jordan said.

Speculation about the memo and what it might say exploded on social media Thursday night under the hashtag #releasethedocuments. Conservative firebrand Sean Hannity kicked off his Thursday night Fox News show with a message directly to special counsel Robert Mueller.

“Your witch hunt is now over,” Hannity said. “Time to close the doors.”

Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) said the memo contains widespread evidence of “FISA abuse.” Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) said the report “raises serious questions about the upper echelon of the Obama DOJ and Comey FBI as it relates to the so-called collusion investigation.”

In a statement, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee, called the report “a profoundly misleading set of talking points drafted by Republican staff attacking the FBI and its handling of the investigation."

"Rife with factual inaccuracies and referencing highly classified materials that most Republican Intelligence Committee members were forced to acknowledge they had never read, this is meant only to give Republican House members a distorted view of the FBI," Schiff said. "This may help carry White House water, but it is a deep disservice to our law enforcement professionals."

:freedom:
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Don't forget! March 8th is World Badger Punting Day!

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:41 am

I'm seeing a lot of "fake but accurate" on the Republican side this time.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

corplinx

Postby corplinx » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:36 am

Nyarlathotep wrote:The entire system is broken and has been for a long time. It is not getting fixed either.

Frankly, I don't think anyone really wants to fix it. And I have no idea how they could if they did.

Even Ken Starr owned up to whitewater being a shitshow. We were supposed to have learned from that. Now the people who were against a baseless fishing trip when there was no crime or victim, are tripling down on that shitshow.

And like whitewater, we have people being jailed for unrelated stuff since there are 1 million laws on the books and you are bound to have broken some.

Remember Susan McDougal?
From September 9, 1996 to March 6, 1998, McDougal spent the maximum possible 18 months imprisonment for civil contempt, including 8 months in solitary confinement, and she was subjected to "diesel therapy," the practice of hauling defendants around the country and placing them in different jails along the way.[12]

Revenge for the Clintons winning. A political prisoner tortured. She sure did bad things in the Arkansas real estate market most likely, but why was an independent counsel looking into it? Oh right, because they were mad SLICK WILLY won.

He should never have been looking into local backwater shitshow dealings in Arkansas that were not committed by the sitting president. Period.

The Dems and Reps seemed to have gotten over the idea of malicious prosecution as revenge for losing.

Guess what? That's the Mueller "investigation" in a nutshell. Did Paul Manafort have some shady dealings? Probably. He's wealthy enough that he's probably cheated on something at some point. Should an investigation into Russian _interference_ in US elections be digging into everyones old receipts trying to bust them for old shit? Fuck no.

People who defend the Mueller investigation sicken me. People defended McCarthy, the whitewater investigation, J Edgar Hoover, Ed Meese, etc, etc so I shouldn't be surprised.

If you think this is anything but an excuse by the losers to harass the winners, GO UNFUCK YOURSELF (not you personally, im just soapboxing because the shit is crazy)

shuize

Postby shuize » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:10 am

Double.
Last edited by shuize on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

shuize

Postby shuize » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:12 am

I'm glad to see both sides coming together to show how serious they are about FISA abuse by jointly reauthorizing the program for another six years.

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:35 am

Anaxagoras wrote:
ed wrote:We knew that Obama approved a FISA warrant

That part is already wrong. FISA warrants are approved by a judge. And the FBI generally does things on their own initiative, not because the president ordered them to. The president nominates an FBI director, but the FBI director isn't supposed to just follow orders from the president, he's responsible for running the FBI and making decisions.

What you are suggesting is that either:
1) a "legally" obtained FISA warrant led to the campaign of a candidate in a presidential election and led to wiretapping one or more of his people and that the President wasn't informed? Holy shit.

or

2) a "legally" obtained FISA warrant led to the campaign of a candidate in a presidential election and led to wiretapping one or more of his people and that the President was informed and did not stop it in it's tracks? Holy shit.

This fact suggests one of two things:
1) The notion that Russia is/has colluding with Trump is bullshit
or
2) The Democrats are in on it
I'd love to hear a third idea.

Hard to say exactly because it's still classified. But here's what both Republicans and Democrats are saying:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... lance-memo

“I’m here to tell all of a America tonight that I’m shocked to read exactly what has taken place,” Meadows (R-N.C.) said in a speech on the House floor.
“I thought it could never happen in a country that loves freedom and democracy like this country. It is time that we become transparent with all of this, and I’m calling on our leadership to make this available so all Americans can judge for themselves.”
Nunes could call for a vote to release the report on his panel. If a majority on the committee agrees to declassify the report, the executive branch would then need to sign-off to make it public, said Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), another Freedom Caucus member.

“It is so alarming the American people have to see this,” Jordan said.

Speculation about the memo and what it might say exploded on social media Thursday night under the hashtag #releasethedocuments. Conservative firebrand Sean Hannity kicked off his Thursday night Fox News show with a message directly to special counsel Robert Mueller.

“Your witch hunt is now over,” Hannity said. “Time to close the doors.”

Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-N.Y.) said the memo contains widespread evidence of “FISA abuse.” Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) said the report “raises serious questions about the upper echelon of the Obama DOJ and Comey FBI as it relates to the so-called collusion investigation.”

In a statement, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), the ranking member on the House Intelligence Committee, called the report “a profoundly misleading set of talking points drafted by Republican staff attacking the FBI and its handling of the investigation."

"Rife with factual inaccuracies and referencing highly classified materials that most Republican Intelligence Committee members were forced to acknowledge they had never read, this is meant only to give Republican House members a distorted view of the FBI," Schiff said. "This may help carry White House water, but it is a deep disservice to our law enforcement professionals."

:freedom:

FISA reeks and the fact that there is little public debate is one fuckwads worth of troubling shit far far greater than any perceived problem with Trump. If you give those faceless bureaucrats unlimited power they will take it. What exactly have they built in Utah? Thing is that even a recitation of facts makes one sound like a tinfoil hat wearing loon.
- new minimalist ethos -

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:21 pm

Word is that someone ordered in a party tray and the forgot the olives.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”