'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 20005
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 656 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by corplinx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:43 am

they sure did investigate, they went to yahoo and found the leak by the same guy who wrote the phony dossier that that Clintons paid for

we have the best investigators, don't we folks

What part of "using oppo research to justify a fisa warrant" sits well with you?

User avatar
Anaxagoras
Posts: 21450
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:45 am
Location: Yokohama/Tokyo, Japan
Has thanked: 1386 times
Been thanked: 1173 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by Anaxagoras » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:09 am

First of all, as far as I know that's not the whole story. Supposedly there's going to be another memo that provides more background. (Assuming Trump doesn't block its release).

It really depends. Oppo research per se doesn't mean it might not contain actionable information.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/ ... ant-390795
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

User avatar
Skeeve
Posts: 10294
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:35 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by Skeeve » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:13 am

RCC: Act II wrote:Steele not liking Trump is one of the most lol things in the memo. Steele was hired to investigate Page Trump and found a bunch of what he saw as alarming stuff about Trump. Maybe that sort of colored his opinion?
FTFY

You are assuming his opinion was "colored" by "a bunch of what he saw" during his investigation, i.e. he was an "uninterested third party" who became interested as a result of what he found out.

Is that correct?
Then Skank Of America could start in...

User avatar
Abdul Alhazred
Posts: 70748
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Title: Yes, that one.
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 3162 times
Been thanked: 1169 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:21 am

Yes.

We have three branches of government. Investigative and ... what are the other two again? :p
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 20005
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 656 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by corplinx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:40 pm

The media will only cover the memo in terms of "GOP dissent", that's how you know it's accurate. They report that not everyone says "case closed" on up to five actors in the FBI acting poorly.

It's bad enough that we can't get one cop fired for shooting a homeless guy in the back with five warning shots, but these assholes play Game of Thrones on our tax dime and the media is still running cover for their friends at Fusion GPS (who they were all in bed with) , the DNC (which was incestuously ingrained with everyone non-Fox, which we know from the Podesta mails), and the deep state leakers they want to keep happy.

The watchmen have become Corporal Klinger. Why did it take the Nunes memo to do this versus a new Woodward and Bernstein? Answer: the people in the media that knew were complicit. They are still largely acting complicitly. They can't be trusted in the slightest and should be looked at enablers of seditious movements by unelected officials.

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by RCC: Act II » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Skeeve wrote:
RCC: Act II wrote:Steele not liking Trump is one of the most lol things in the memo. Steele was hired to investigate Page Trump and found a bunch of what he saw as alarming stuff about Trump. Maybe that sort of colored his opinion?
FTFY

You are assuming his opinion was "colored" by "a bunch of what he saw" during his investigation, i.e. he was an "uninterested third party" who became interested as a result of what he found out.

Is that correct?
Maybe he didn't like Trump to begin with. Maybe he liked him. Who knows. That he felt that Trump shouldn't be President after finding bad things about Trump says nothing about any inherent bias.

The timeline was that he believed the information he found was bad enough to take to US and British intelligence months before he made the alleged statement in the memo. Of course at that point he would believe that Trump shouldn't be president.

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 13832
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by WildCat » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:19 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
WildCat wrote: How on earth am I supposed to know it was a typo? Especially when you still haven't corrected it.
It being 100% irrelevant who he was investigating would have been a clue. The point in the memo was that he was biased against Trump. He was against Trump because he found bad things about Trump. He could have been investigating Bob Ross and the point remains the same.


I can't think of a single reason that the Kremlin would prefer Trump over Hillary, who has a long history of working for Russia's interests.
Your lack of imagination/information about Trump's benefit to Putin is a different issue. I could theorize a whole heap of reasons why Putin would support Trump, but that has nothing to do with the merits of this memo.
Everything he "found out" about Trump came from either
1) Russians working for Putin
or
2) information fed to him by those working for the Hillary campaign

And NONE of it was verified independently, not by Steele and not by the FBI.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 20005
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 656 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by corplinx » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:39 am

https://i.imgur.com/gFsyN3W.jpg

these seditious hicks are slowly being exposed, but none of these rats will go to jail

it is becoming apparent that Carter Page was targeted maliciously for "investigation"

Every day the noose tightens around Comey, the bad agents, and the Hillary camp for their election riggerring attempts but it's a greasy rope they will slip through.

And today it turns out Schiff was the one trying to collude with Russians to get OPPO on Trump as well.

Oh god, this is so much fun watching this house of fucking cards fall apart.

Sorry wildcat, nobody will be jailed for this because reasons and shit.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 67488
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3374 times
Been thanked: 2144 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by Doctor X » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:24 am

But like Trump talked to Russians!

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 20005
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 656 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by corplinx » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:01 am

Imagine you are Trump going to bed at night thinking "what in the fuck are they even on about?". One night he gets a call from Barack Obama, priority one.

"Donald is the line secure?"
"Yes Barack, what is it?"
"Now you know how it felt when you had the hicks asking me about my birth certificate (Biden in the background snorts laughing)"
::click::

If only it were that benign and didn't involve a complete lack of oversight while people basically used the strong arm of government to try to influence elections...

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 13832
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by WildCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:10 pm

corplinx wrote:If only it were that benign and didn't involve a complete lack of oversight while people basically used the strong arm of government to try to influence elections...
And not just the US government, but the government of Russia. They literally did what they accuse Trump of doing, that's what's so surreal about it all. That and the fact the mainstream news media really doesn't even pretend to care about corruption if it's done by Democrats or benefits Democrats.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by RCC: Act II » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:36 pm

WildCat wrote: Everything he "found out" about Trump came from either
1) Russians working for Putin
or
2) information fed to him by those working for the Hillary campaign

And NONE of it was verified independently, not by Steele and not by the FBI.
I don't think any of the statements of fact above can be established as likely, much less true. However...

Neither are relevant to Steele's state of mind when he made the statements. As long as the statements came after the investigation, using he statement about Trump to show bias is at best stupid.

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 20005
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 656 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by corplinx » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasdelb ... bb89d07f34

Nobody ever goes to jail. Even for mishandling classified info. The only thing missing from this timeline is the fact that in the leaked Podesta emails, we know that before Podesta started going on TV shows talking about Putin-Trump in July 2016; playing up a russian angle between Putin/Trump was a stated stratagem.

So the Dossier was likely (no smoking gun) just part of the Hillary Russian strategy. Which means that it being used by actors in the government is more than likely collusion versus negligence.

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 13832
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by WildCat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:54 am

RCC: Act II wrote:
WildCat wrote: Everything he "found out" about Trump came from either
1) Russians working for Putin
or
2) information fed to him by those working for the Hillary campaign

And NONE of it was verified independently, not by Steele and not by the FBI.
I don't think any of the statements of fact above can be established as likely, much less true. However...

Neither are relevant to Steele's state of mind when he made the statements. As long as the statements came after the investigation, using he statement about Trump to show bias is at best stupid.
They're undisputed facts. Everything Steele learned came from either Russians working for Putin or from the Hillary campaign. And he paid those Russians for the information, and that money originally came from Hillary's campaign and the DNC. His state of mind has squat to do with anything.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

User avatar
WildCat
Posts: 13832
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:53 am
Location: The 33rd Ward, Chicago
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 327 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by WildCat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:03 am

Meanwhile, Obama's name came up for the first time today from a new batch of texts between FBI lovers Strzok and Page:
Page wrote to Strzok on Sept. 2, 2016, about prepping Comey because "potus wants to know everything we're doing." According to a newly released Senate report, this text raises questions about Obama's personal involvement in the Clinton email investigation.
Obama claimed publicly he had no personal involvement in the Hillary investigation, this seems to contradict that.

Also, from the same link:
On Sept. 28, 2016, Strzok wrote to Page, "Got called up to Andy's [McCabe] earlier.. hundreds of thousands of emails turned over by Weiner's atty to sdny [Southern District of New York], includes a ton of material from spouse [Huma Abedin]. Sending team up tomorrow to review... this will never end." According to the Senate report, this text message raises questions about when FBI officials learned of emails relevant to the Hillary Clinton email investigation on the laptop belonging to Weiner, the husband to Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

It was a full month later, on Oct. 28, 2016, when Comey informed Congress that, "Due to recent developments," the FBI was re-opening its Clinton email investigation.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday..." Comey said at the time.

The question becomes why Comey was only informed by his investigative team on Oct. 27, if the Clinton emails on Weiner’s laptop were discovered by Sept. 28, at the latest.
Was Comey really that out of the loop? If so, did he take any action against McCabe for not informing him? Or did he finally get cold feet about sitting on this information?
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

shuize
Posts: 403
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by shuize » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 am

corplinx wrote:Nobody ever goes to jail. Even for mishandling classified info.

People not named Clinton do.

Google Kristian Saucier.

User avatar
Doctor X
Posts: 67488
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:09 pm
Title: Collective Messiah
Location: Your Mom
Has thanked: 3374 times
Been thanked: 2144 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by Doctor X » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 am

People even go to jail for the Clintons.

Google "Whitewater."





Too soon?

--J.D.
Mob of the Mean: Free beanie, cattle-prod and Charley Fan Club!
"Doctor X is just treating you the way he treats everyone--as subhuman crap too dumb to breathe in after you breathe out."--Don
DocX: FTW.--sparks
"Doctor X wins again."--Pyrrho
"Never sorry to make a racist Fucktard cry."--His Humble MagNIfIcence
"It was the criticisms of Doc X, actually, that let me see more clearly how far the hypocrisy had gone."--clarsct
"I'd leave it up to Doctor X who has been a benevolent tyrant so far."--Grammatron
"Indeed you are a river to your people.
Shit. That's going to end up in your sig."--Pyrrho
"Try a twelve step program and accept Doctor X as your High Power."--asthmatic camel
"just like Doc X said." --gnome

WS CHAMPIONS X3!!! NBA CHAMPIONS!! Stanley Cup! SB CHAMPIONS X5!!!!!
AL East Champs!!

User avatar
corplinx
Posts: 20005
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:49 am
Title: Moderator
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 656 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by corplinx » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:24 am

Poor Susan.

A. the federal govt shouldnt have been revenge digging into the Clinton's past just to grief them for winning
B. Susan rode around in the backs of trucks for months protecting the Clintons, but ultimately she was being tortured in a legal way
C. so yes, people were guilty as hell but nobody who was harmed was filing the charges being pursued

Susan was at least attached to WhiteWater. With Paul Manafort they basically went after him for crimes of a regulatory nature that had nothing today with MUH RUSSIA. I will say this once now and like these other "crazy conspiracy theories" that have all been proven correct lately, I will say the odds of this are probably 80-20.

They only went after Paul Manafort to get him to make false accusations against Trump since from what we now know that the FBI knew/knows:
a. there was no interference (no, a few badly produced facebook ads dont count, fuck you, goodbye)
b. there was no collusion even suspected for a good reason without evidence (it was a made up political narrative and still is)

These Nixon/Hoover assholes wiretapped the Trumps for a goddamn year and didn't find a thing before they started the investigation. They already knew there was no collusion. So why the fuck did they go after Paul over old possible white collar crimes if not to try to coerce him into making false accusations against Trump?

In other words, it's a bunch of seditious fucking hicks that are scarier and more powerful than the Bundy ranchers. 80-20 that in one of these document/text dumps, they find evidence of the Manafort strategy.

Why is Mueller even still allowed to do this? Fuck these cunts. This is not only worse than Watergate, it's worse than that petty witch hunt Whitewater.

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by RCC: Act II » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:52 pm

WildCat wrote:Meanwhile, Obama's name came up for the first time today from a new batch of texts between FBI lovers Strzok and Page:
Page wrote to Strzok on Sept. 2, 2016, about prepping Comey because "potus wants to know everything we're doing." According to a newly released Senate report, this text raises questions about Obama's personal involvement in the Clinton email investigation.
Obama claimed publicly he had no personal involvement in the Hillary investigation, this seems to contradict that.

Also, from the same link:
On Sept. 28, 2016, Strzok wrote to Page, "Got called up to Andy's [McCabe] earlier.. hundreds of thousands of emails turned over by Weiner's atty to sdny [Southern District of New York], includes a ton of material from spouse [Huma Abedin]. Sending team up tomorrow to review... this will never end." According to the Senate report, this text message raises questions about when FBI officials learned of emails relevant to the Hillary Clinton email investigation on the laptop belonging to Weiner, the husband to Clinton aide Huma Abedin.

It was a full month later, on Oct. 28, 2016, when Comey informed Congress that, "Due to recent developments," the FBI was re-opening its Clinton email investigation.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday..." Comey said at the time.

The question becomes why Comey was only informed by his investigative team on Oct. 27, if the Clinton emails on Weiner’s laptop were discovered by Sept. 28, at the latest.
Was Comey really that out of the loop? If so, did he take any action against McCabe for not informing him? Or did he finally get cold feet about sitting on this information?

So... The President asks what is going on within the executive branch. This does not mean he is involved in the investigation. Not even close. Its an unwarranted leap.

Other than that, it sounds like the claim is that there was a plot that Obama and the lol deep state slowed down the e-mail investigation to force Comey to announce the reopening of the investigation at a time when it would have a bigger effect on the election. As if they wouldn't wait, you know, until after the election if they were trying to help Clinton.

(or of course there is the possibility that the FBI took this long to obtain and review all these emails and who knows what else before making a report to Congress saying that the new e-mails are worth looking into other things, but that would be silly)

So... are we to the point where we think the 11th hour e-mail announcement was a plot against.... Trump?

User avatar
RCC: Act II
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: 'PEOPLE WILL GO TO JAIL'...

Post by RCC: Act II » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:54 pm

WildCat wrote: His state of mind has squat to do with anything.
His state of mind has nothing to do with whether he was personally biased?

Checks out.