Trey Gowdy, the misunderstood guy

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
corplinx
Title: Moderator

Trey Gowdy, the misunderstood guy

Post by corplinx » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 pm

So, this weekend Trey Gowdy made headlines. "GOWDY SAYS DRUMPF NOT OFF THE HOOK, MEMO DOESNT VINDICATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Very fake news, they picked the one thing about Trump (which isn't even negative but a clinical statement as a guy with a prosecutors background). As usual, Gowdy used his infamously bad haircuts and went after a variety of corruption.
Imagine if you and I were running for Congress, and we just hired a law firm and said ‘Hey, you go do all the oppo, you go buy all the television, you go buy all the bumper stickers, you go hire all the experts, and we’re going to launder all of this through a law firm,’” he continued.

“I am also interested in sharing some memory tricks with folks at the DNC because no one can remember who paid 10 million dollars to a law firm to do oppo research,” Gowdy noted. “I find that stunning.”

“$10 million and no one can remember who authorized it, who approved it? So you’ve got two issues, a memory issue and then the lack of transparency by laundering money through a law firm,”

http://usafreepolitics.com/watch-gowdy- ... ng-scheme/

This is why Gowdy isn't long for congress. While the gop hicks were all "Hillary got people kilt by not responding!!!!" re:Benghazi, Gowdy was trying to expose the illegal shadowy machinations that led to that embassy still being open at all and used to as part of conspiracy to destabilize Libya. His message was "why the fuck were we even there? why can noone answer".

We often don't agree with Rand Paul, but he is one of the few Senate-critters who actually stands for something time to time. Trey Gowdy is another one of those hard cases who doesn't get that he's just supposed to be taking the piss like the rest of them.

The deafness of the media, his own party, etc are likely the reason he is not running again. How would you like to actually be hard as nails prosecutor watching the guilty get a free pass all the time?

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Re: Trey Gowdy, the misunderstood guy

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:42 pm

My reaction when seeing the subject line (but before clicking) was "but he's dead".

I was confusing him with Curt Gowdy.

Carry on. :P
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale