Illegal aliens voting? I mean officially as such, not official corruption of some kind.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Illegal aliens voting? I mean officially as such, not official corruption of some kind.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:57 pm

Boston City Council president pushes for noncitizen voting
Boston Herald
A city councilor is walking back the possibility of letting illegal immigrants vote in Boston’s elections, and her push to let other noncitizens vote is meeting resistance from a fellow councilor who said he’ll fight to keep voting open only to citizens.

City Council President Andrea Campbell is calling for a hearing on letting noncitizens vote in city elections, and told the Herald earlier this week she was open to the possibility of illegal immigrants voting for councilors and the mayor. But after receiving “a lot of feedback,” she adjusted her proposal — saying yesterday it would only affect “immigrants with legal status.”

OK not this time, but it has come up and is now a respectable position. At least in Massachusetts.

The time will come when you will be called an evil person if you are not enthusiastic enough about illegal aliens voting.

Well maybe not, but only because it is a race against time that something else may make it irrelevant, such as the money running out.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Grammatron

Re: Illegal aliens voting? I mean officially as such, not official corruption of some kind.

Post by Grammatron » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:11 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote: The time will come when you will be called an evil person if you are not enthusiastic enough about illegal aliens voting.
California is in the future!

Abdul Alhazred

Re: Illegal aliens voting? I mean officially as such, not official corruption of some kind.

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:20 am

As always 8)

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:The time will come when you will be called an evil person if you are not enthusiastic enough about illegal aliens voting.
I mean . . .
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:29 am

Look who is here :)

Mentat

Post by Mentat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:32 am

See, now that is trolling. :p
It's "pea-can", man.

Lapis Sells . . . But Who's Buying?

Giz

Post by Giz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:43 am

Abdul Alhazred wrote:Boston City Council president pushes for noncitizen voting
Boston Herald
A city councilor is walking back the possibility of letting illegal immigrants vote in Boston’s elections, and her push to let other noncitizens vote is meeting resistance from a fellow councilor who said he’ll fight to keep voting open only to citizens.

City Council President Andrea Campbell is calling for a hearing on letting noncitizens vote in city elections, and told the Herald earlier this week she was open to the possibility of illegal immigrants voting for councilors and the mayor. But after receiving “a lot of feedback,” she adjusted her proposal — saying yesterday it would only affect “immigrants with legal status.”

OK not this time, but it has come up and is now a respectable position. At least in Massachusetts.

The time will come when you will be called an evil person if you are not enthusiastic enough about illegal aliens voting.

Well maybe not, but only because it is a race against time that something else may make it irrelevant, such as the money running out.
Colluding with foreign nationals to swing US elections? Hope none of those illegals are Russian!

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:13 am

Giz wrote:Colluding with foreign nationals to swing US elections? Hope none of those illegals are Russian!
I see no reason why Russians couldn't vote in Boston elections if this goes through, surely the Kremlin could forge thousands of electric bills and such to "prove" residency.
Do you have questions about God?

you sniveling little right-wing nutter - jj

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Chicago ID card would be valid voter identification
Chicago Tribune
Municipal ID cards that Mayor Rahm Emanuel is launching for undocumented immigrants and others will be a valid form of identification for people both registering to vote and voting in Chicago, according to a letter aldermen received Friday.

Clerk Anna Valencia, who’s heading up the CityKey program, cited state election rules to explain why the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners will accept the card.

“The Illinois Election Code requires the Board of Elections to accept current, valid photo identification cards and other local governmental documentation that includes an individual’s name and address, as proof of identity and residency,” Valencia’s letter reads in part. “The CityKey fits both of these requirements.”

The municipal ID is not yet available to the general public, but Valencia has said it will be in the spring. Most aldermen voted in favor of the program, which is viewed in City Hall circles as a way for Emanuel to boost his standing with Hispanic voters and immigrant rights supporters as he preps a 2019 re-election bid.

But isn't voter ID racist?

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 pm

Remember, it's just a paranoid myth that illegal aliens vote and that Democrats encourage them to do so. And if you want any measures in place to prevent it you're racist.

WildCat

Post by WildCat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 pm

And this quote from the Tribune story: “It’s not changing the state law, and there’s nothing stopping someone from getting a fake ID now and going to try to vote,” said Villegas, 36th.

And he means that, there's literally nothing stopping them and no system in place to prevent it.

Not that anyone ever asked to see an ID when I registered to vote, it's mostly an honor system here. You only have to show an ID to vote early.

Abdul Alhazred

Post by Abdul Alhazred » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:45 pm

The article doesn't say this, but there's the tie in with driver's licenses too.

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:00 am

More than 100,000 noncitizens are registered to vote in Pennsylvania alone, according to testimony submitted Monday in a lawsuit demanding the state come clean about the extent of its problems.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation, which has identified similar noncitizen voting problems in studies of Virginia and New Jersey, said Pennsylvania officials have admitted noncitizens have been registering and voting in the state “for decades.”

But state officials have stonewalled PILF requests for access to the data that could expose the problem, the group says in a lawsuit filed in federal court in Harrisburg.

“For months, Pennsylvania bureaucrats have concealed facts about noncitizens registering and voting — that ends today,” PILF President and General Counsel J. Christian Adams said.

He said Pennsylvania had already admitted to a “glitch” dating back to the 1990s that had allowed noncitizens applying to renew driver’s licenses to be offered the chance to register to vote. Mr. Adams said he now wants to find out how bad the problem is overall.
And Her Turn Hillary still lost PA?
Go figure....
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... =146470009
Then Skank Of America could start in...

Anaxagoras

Post by Anaxagoras » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:56 am

It looks like they may be on to something although state officials are disputing that number.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... ed-to-vote

State officials have acknowledged that a longstanding glitch in the design of Pennsylvania's electronic driver's licensing system — going back to its start in the mid-1990s — had allowed noncitizen immigrants to inadvertently register to vote. The Department of Transportation said it had fixed the glitch as of late last year.
"As of late last year" IOW, by the end of 2017. Oops.
A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
William Shakespeare

Skeeve

Post by Skeeve » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Anaxagoras wrote:It looks like they may be on to something although state officials are disputing that number.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... ed-to-vote

State officials have acknowledged that a longstanding glitch in the design of Pennsylvania's electronic driver's licensing system — going back to its start in the mid-1990s — had allowed noncitizen immigrants to inadvertently register to vote. The Department of Transportation said it had fixed the glitch as of late last year.
"As of late last year" IOW, by the end of 2017. Oops.
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/pennsylvania
President
CANDIDATE; PARTY; VOTES PCT.
Donald J. Trump; R; 2,970,733 48.2%
Hillary R. Clinton; D; 2,926,441 47.5%

Race Preview: Pennsylvania, a competitive state that leans Democratic, has 20 electoral votes. Mrs. Clinton is favored to win. Barack Obama won Pennsylvania in 2012 by 5.4 percentage points.
Makes me wonder what would have been made of this had her turn, Sir Edmond Hillary won?
Then Skank Of America could start in...