Climate change -- Did "they" just admit it's all left wing BS?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
RCC: Act II

Re: Climate change -- Did "they" just admit it's all left wing BS?

Postby RCC: Act II » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:52 pm

Grammatron wrote:
I would submit that most desirable and threatened ocean property in the world is owned, or access to it is owned, by very wealthy. When we are talking about "saving" those places, we should also not pretend that very wealthy do not stand to benefit from it. Look at Jamaica where the locals have very few places where they can access the beach since it's been slowly getting acquired by wealthy individuals, cruise companies, and private resorts.

It isn't that I don't think I understand, as much as I have trouble understanding what is implied without the conclusion that you are saying that we shouldn't fight climate change because, while maybe Bangladeshis will die in massive numbers as their water becomes undrinkable, rich people will benefit by not losing beachfront property.

Which kinda sounds like Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor except as a radical communist and with climate change instead of a nuclear missile.

I have to be missing something...

ed
Title: Rhino of the Florida swamps

Postby ed » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:55 pm

I have a theory.

I think that climate change is bullshit. I think that the powers that be have used the jewish media to advance the chicken little argument that the sky is falling so that they can steal with impunity.

If I vanish you'll know I was right.
- new minimalist ethos -

Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:03 pm

ed wrote:I have a theory.

I think that climate change is bullshit. I think that the powers that be have used the jewish media to advance the chicken little argument that the sky is falling so that they can steal with impunity.

If I vanish you'll know I was right.

The underlined potion is substantially correct, but it does not follow that climate change is bullshit.

And "Jewish" is spelled with a capital letter.

And the Jewish media have gotten a lot less Jewish lately.
Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

Grammatron

Postby Grammatron » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:52 pm

RCC: Act II wrote:
Grammatron wrote:
I would submit that most desirable and threatened ocean property in the world is owned, or access to it is owned, by very wealthy. When we are talking about "saving" those places, we should also not pretend that very wealthy do not stand to benefit from it. Look at Jamaica where the locals have very few places where they can access the beach since it's been slowly getting acquired by wealthy individuals, cruise companies, and private resorts.

It isn't that I don't think I understand, as much as I have trouble understanding what is implied without the conclusion that you are saying that we shouldn't fight climate change because, while maybe Bangladeshis will die in massive numbers as their water becomes undrinkable, rich people will benefit by not losing beachfront property.

I will try to make it clearer.

We all live on this planet and it's stupid to ruin it or pollute it. I am glad USA has environment laws, I am glad California has strict environmental laws.

However, not all laws and regulations are equal. Some cross over the line of smart policy into the selfish and sinister intentions. As an examples, there are plenty of construction regulations in California that are tied to environment but are really just anti-NIMY legislation for large scale residential constructions. Which in turn contributes to low supply and high rent prices.

To put it another way, just because the something is an environmental regulations or a law, doesn't mean we should stop being skeptical of it's viability, legality, and effectiveness.
Which kinda sounds like Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor except as a radical communist and with climate change instead of a nuclear missile.

I have to be missing something...

First time someone accused me of being a communist, it's kind of amusing but way off the mark. :)

For future reference I hate commies as much as nazis. Which anyone other than Mentat should interpret as that I loathe them and their philosophies of ignorance, bigotry, and hate.
pillory wrote:jokes aren't funny....seriously thinking......

seriously thinking might be funny....but it's not joke

RCC: Act II

Postby RCC: Act II » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:24 pm

Grammatron wrote:First time someone accused me of being a communist, it's kind of amusing but way off the mark. :)

Which is why I assumed I had it wrong.

I agree that people cynically use environmental issues to further self-interest at the expense of others. Which is in essence the point of this essay. It just comes at it with a tone that people who hate even remotely liberal stuff are going to find repulsive.

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”