Uh oh. Look what's not cool any more.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Abdul Alhazred
Title: Yes, that one.

Uh oh. Look what's not cool any more.

Postby Abdul Alhazred » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Less-cool Facebook losing youth at fast pace: survey (AFP)

Facebook is still growing in the US market, according to research firm, mainly due to increases in usage by older age groups.

The report is the latest to highlight Facebook's problem with attracting and keeping young people, who have long been a core user base for the world's biggest social network.

The research firm said it expected the first-ever decline in the 18-24 age group in the US, a drop of 5.8 percent this year.

It also said that for the first time since its research began, less than half of the 12-17 age group in the United States would be on Facebook, with a 5.6 percent drop in that segment.

The under-12 age group meanwhile will see a decline of 9.3 percent this year, eMarketer said.

Image "If I turn in a sicko, will I get a reward?"

"Yes! A BIG REWARD!" ====> Click here to turn in a sicko
Any man writes a mission statement spends a night in the box.
-- our mission statement plappendale

RCC: Act II

Re: Uh oh. Look what's not cool any more.

Postby RCC: Act II » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Facebook makes more sense for older people sharing pictures of their kids or whatever.

It seems pretty obvious that kids wouldn't have much use for it. Their parents are all on it so it isn't a good medium for communication for people that don't want parents etc. in their business. Way better group messaging apps out there the olds haven't figured out how to ruin with stupid political memes and generally embarrassing their children.

Pyrrho
Title: Man in Black

Postby Pyrrho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Facebook performs a public service by gathering all the crap my family and friends used to clog up my email.
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Bruce
Title: Big cynic in small state

Postby Bruce » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 am

Pyrrho wrote:Facebook performs a public service by gathering all the crap my family and friends used to clog up my email.

Ain't that the truth. :roll:
Such potential!

Return to “Politics & Social Issues”